Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Conservative - Nebraska
    Liberal - California
    Sith Juggernaught - Stealwool "The Great"
    8723 Endurance - 8123 Strength - No Buffs!
    Sabotage #1 US & EU
    Krayt Dragon - World First NM - 10/10
    <Ultra Uber> - Full Heroic Mode clear - Easymode
    Shamahaiera - 85 Shaman - 3500 Arena Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    People saying california need to understand something, along the coasts and in the big cities its very liberal, but as soon as you go inland, it flip flops hard core, most of orange county is very conservative.

The most power full radio station in the country is KFI, is LA based with mostly conservative talk show hosts.

I know this, but it's still known mostly for the crazy liberalism that comes from SF and other areas. It drowns out what conservatism is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graywind View Post
    Not a single District voted for Obama in Oklahoma during his first run. I believe he actually lost several districts in the recent primaries here as well. Oklahoma is extremely conservative. I wouldn't give it to Texas just because of Austin, aka lil Cali.
    I live in Texas and it is not conservative for the most part. It is republican because we like our money to remain our money. The state itself is quite liberal because most major cities are that way. Like California is considered liberal but it voted down gay marriage meaning not so fast.

I would give Mass as most liberal. Most conservative I would vote Utah or Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralidyn View Post
    Conservative - Nebraska
    Liberal - California
    Nebraska has the longest run Occupy movement and there are hippys protesting every day a few blocks from where I live.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying CA and TX because they are the biggest liberal/conservative states. Compared to some NE states and Midwest/Deep South states they are pretty moderate policy-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

People saying california need to understand something, along the coasts and in the big cities its very liberal, but as soon as you go inland, it flip flops hard core, most of orange county is very conservative.

The most power full radio station in the country is KFI, is LA based with mostly conservative talk show hosts.
    I love KFI, a bastion of conservatism. Except for Handel =/

But our state is run by Democrats. Our Legislature, our governor, the unions; it's a Democrat's state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

But our state is run by Democrats. Our Legislature, our governor, the unions; it's a Democrat's state.
    Still listen to KFI even though I don't live in cali anymore leave it on while I sleep, wake up to Handel fall asleep to Bill Carrol Jr. and Coast to Coast. Used to listen to John and Ken, but doesn't fit when I can listen anymore.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

Its a Democrat state, but it isn't the MOST Democrat state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Still listen to KFI even though I don't live in cali anymore leave it on while I sleep, wake up to Handel fall asleep to Bill Carrol Jr. and Coast to Coast. Used to listen to John and Ken, but doesn't fit when I can listen anymore.
    I admire John Kobylt greatly. Very inspirational guy for me. Handel is cool, he just waxes liberal a bit too much for my liking. Carroll is cool.

Coast to Coast is pretty cool too, but I'm not big on those kinds of topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I would say Cali is most liberal but they did vote to ban gay marriage so I don't know the real answer to this.

I don't feel republicans are conservative so allow me to just say the most republican state is Oklahoma.
    northern cali is the most liberal, and vocal, so it appears to be hyper liberal, but it's not very liberal when you take into account the whole state.

Cons: Arazonia
    Lib: Vermont
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I admire John Kobylt greatly. Very inspirational guy for me. Handel is cool, he just waxes liberal a bit too much for my liking. Carroll is cool.

Coast to Coast is pretty cool, but I'm not big on those kinds of topics.
    That's one thing I really like about KFI, even if the station as a whole is more conservative leaning, all of the local hosts are not adament about one party or the other. They are not little Rush Limbah's. Hendel isn't even liberal on everything, its kind of issue by issue, and I like how John and Ken would mess with democrats just as much as republicans.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very surprised Arizona and Alabama aren't being listed among the conservative contenders, considering their 'no brown people allowed' laws. Arizona gets the bonus feature in that their legislature likes to write stupendously vague laws, too, that outlaw WAAAAAAY more than they originally intended.

Aaaand I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread.

Edit: And of course, as I type this someone posts AZ. Well played, sir, well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberal: Vermont or Massachusetts
    Conservative: Nebraska or Wyoming

That's one thing I really like about KFI, even if the station as a whole is more conservative leaning, all of the local hosts are not adament about one party or the other. They are not little Rush Limbah's. Hendel isn't even liberal on everything, its kind of issue by issue, and I like how John and Ken would mess with democrats just as much as republicans.
    That's true, and that's definitely part of the appeal. Like with Kobylt, You have a guy who's extremely fiscally conservative and skewers government waste and spending, but then turns around and supports gay marriage and legalizing marijuana. Very cool. And you're right about Handel too, it is on a very issue-by-issue basis with him.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    northern cali is the most liberal, and vocal, so it appears to be hyper liberal, but it's not very liberal when you take into account the whole state.

Cons: Arazonia
    Lib: Vermont

Where I lived in Cali (norcal) it was VERY VERY conservative. And by very conservative I mean there were legit fears about them gays, them mexicans, and no black people anywhere. Oh and the methbillies, but that's not really relevant here x)

Of course, I lived near where people went to retire (seriously, norcal? snows in the winter, hot as fuck in the summer, no beach?) and that probably affected it somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn View Post
    I'm very surprised Arizona and Alabama aren't being listed among the conservative contenders, considering their 'no brown people allowed' laws. Arizona gets the bonus feature in that their legislature likes to write stupendously vague laws, too, that outlaw WAAAAAAY more than they originally intended.

Aaaand I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread.

Edit: And of course, as I type this someone posts AZ. Well played, sir, well played.
    Not just "brown people," though they may be the main target. I have an Estonian friend who lives in Tucson, and she has to carry her passport/papers around with her, even though she's there legally and married to an American citizen. Kinda crappy.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Liberal: Vermont or Massachusetts
    Conservative: Nebraska or Wyoming
    Whats conservative about nebraska?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats conservative about nebraska?
    Well they have only had 3 Democratic Congressmen elected since thee early 1960's. 15 of their 49 State congressmen are Democrats. Most from the "urban centers" of Omaha and Lincoln. Republicans have carried the state in all but one presidential election since 1940. Recent attempts to bar access to Planned Parenthood funding. Anti-abotion laws. Marriage amendments. Sundown Towns. Anti-Immigration to the point of a town BANISHING illegal immigrants.

http://theweek.com/article/index/204...ned-immigrants

Sounds pretty conservative to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Houston too. Harris County (where Houston is) is bright blue. Also, Houston has a large gay community in the Montrose district. I think it's partly because you have a very large international group of people in Houston who tend to be more liberal than the domestic small town population around them.

Actually, ALL of the big cities in Texas are bright blue.
    Not exactly true. Austin is definitely liberal, but Dallas, San Antonio and Houston are independent at most and probably lean-conservative. All those cities went solidly for Bush in 2000 and '04 - slightly for Obama in 2008...but I definitely wouldn't count on that happening again.

Most liberal state is probably in the north east, and the mot conservative state is probably in the south. West Virginia, South Carolina, Mississippi, maybe Louisiana?