Question Keyboard and mouse "lock-ups" (Help)

So I have a strange reoccurring problem that I'm having issues diagnosing and solving. Any help the community can provide will be most appreciated.

Symptoms: At random, quite infrequent (once every 2-3 weeks), my keyboard and mouse will stop responding to inputs and the LED lights on the keyboard (capslock, numslock, etc) will pulse on and off as will the LEDs on the mouse. Everything still runs fine otherwise, I can continue to talk through my head set and game sounds and other people talking still come through. Unplugging and replugging the peripherals doesn't fix it, only rebooting does. This happens if I have them plugged into either the USB 2 or USB 3 ports.

System info: One of the major issues I'm having is this started on a completely new set up except for the mouse so it's hard to track down the specific issue as it occurs rarely enough that cycling through parts on the old computer is impractical.

Keyboard is a Razor Blackwidow Ultimate
    Mouse is an (old) Logitec G5 Laser Mouse with the Blue cracked pattern (I wish I could still find these mice for reasonable prices)
    I have win7 installed
    the mother board is an ASUS LGA 1155 - P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    I think it's unlikely anything else is likely at fault here and I've updated all drivers and bios for the relevant components as well as rolled back drivers to possibly more stable older versions.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, while it occurs rarely it seems to occur during times of heavy use and I've never come back to the computer with it occurring, it's always started while I was using it.
    Last edited by CDShaidar; 2012-05-01 at 03:43 PM.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.