Thread: Tired of LoL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nothing wrong with LoL to be honest. You won't get banned unless you start swearing or harassing other players.

You can completely ignore all the "report X for being bad" because they will never ban for that. The option is just there because angry losers want something to push so they wouldn't clutter up important reports with it. Riot will not even look at those and they will certainly not take ANY action, even if you're really bad. Plus you don't have to spend any real money there to stay competitive. All the cash shop stuff is cosmetic or will allow you to get rewards faster. There is nothing that affects the game balance there that you can't get by playing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purdonculas View Post
    Mind=Blown

Even as an avid lol player. Never thought of it like that before.
    Both funny and true

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Noes the OP must show his disslike for a certain game first, let the hatred flow through you, release your anger, strike him down and become more powerful than you ever imagined!
    The hell? You completely missed the point. The title would've been better as "LF f2p games" because that's what the OP is asking. The bit about LoL isn't the topic of the thread. Stop being sarcastic and maybe you'll do yourself some comprehension.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    I quit that game due to the idiocy of the players and Riot's method of generating money. Release an OP champ every 2 weeks, then dumb it down. I didn't fall into that business model, but it's just stupid (even if it works).
    League of Legends is past being dead and I'm very glad people are beginning to realize what a tattered, disdained state it's in. And yes, Riot's business model is pretty much what mostly did it.

I could go on, but there's really no point in ranting on about it's current state. It's just a mess and Riot doesn't really know what they're doing with it anymore.

It's a shame because DotA 2 is honestly even worse, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    League of Legends is past being dead and I'm very glad people are beginning to realize what a tattered, disdained state it's in. And yes, Riot's business model is pretty much what mostly did it.

I could go on, but there's really no point in ranting on about it's current state. It's just a mess and Riot doesn't really know what they're doing with it anymore.

you're really throwing out some radical thoughts here buddy. how exactly does riot not know what they are doing? what's wrong with their business model?

how it is past being dead? you know that last IEM brought in over 260k viewers for the finals...

10+ Year Old Account

My god you're ass backwards in so many regards. Please, don't go on. You have no idea what you're talking about.

you're really throwing out some radical thoughts here buddy. how exactly does riot not know what they are doing? what's wrong with their business model?

how it is past being dead? you know that last IEM brought in over 260k viewers for the finals...
    If you want to stir the beast, I guess.

First of all the primary fault with their business model is that it survives as a free to play game, making you buy champions or skins (and to a bit lesser extent IP/RP boosters). I'm against this model from the get go because I really don't think champions should be 'bought', they should all be available by default but this is just my personal opinion and it does not effect my overall criticism on it.

The problem is, they force themselves into making champions WAY too quickly. There's little pacing, here. They have to pump them out once every two weeks. This leads to a lot of different problems. The first is lots of champions are really boring and poorly designed, and lots of them follow a generic "gap closer/shield/passive attack buff" build, simply because Riot doesn't have time to get super creative with many of the champions. Another direct issue is that they've resorted to basically just copying DotA heros (albeit doing it poorly half the time). Hell, Hecrim is basically Spirit Breaker with a bad charge and a wonky AoE lifesteal.

Along with the advent of DotA 2 basically insuring League of Legends falling off the 'competitive gaming' scene, Riot has gotten really desperate to keep it's name. They're pushing out things like spectator mode, different UI changes, etc out the door really fast to be as 'on par with DotA as possible', this is bad because lots of their new features show the rush very, very blatantly and suffer subsequently because of it. It's not just a matter of game vs. game, either. Morello and Guinsoo are both pretty irked about IceFrog getting in good with Valve- IE a company Riot can't even begin to compare itself to. To them it's like "who owns the biggest TV or the fastest car." They don't want to 'lose' to IceFrog, and their immature rush to basically just copy DotA is very, very sad.

While their business model does WORK in terms of profit (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't make money.) it just degrades the game in terms of champion quality. What's worse is, personally, it's pathetic to watch. You have Phreak (Who is one of the biggest fucking cheeseballs ever, I swear to God) make these glorified frag videos (Otherwise known as Champion Spotlights) to 'showcase' the new champion. While they've gotten somewhat better from how they were a few years back when he started making them (Keyword is 'somewhat', here.) they're still just shitty frag videos to promote the new champion being 'strong'. I think the closest he got to making an actual showcase video was when he showed different locations you could 'snipe' people with Kog'maws ultimate. That is what Spotlight videos should be about. Not watching some manchild who constantly spouts memes go 10/8 and get some ganks or killsteals (some of which look particularly set-up in some of the videos). They're not 'spotlights', they're frag videos to promote buying the champion.

Which is fine- again- as far as making money goes. But it makes the game and Riot look stupid, and really- it just sort of degrades the game more and more.

The community is also bad, but as far as bad communities go it's nothing all that special so I wont delve into it; not to mention the community of a game shouldn't really effect the grand scope of the game much, anyways.

Then there's just Riot in general. As mentioned before, DotA 2 has them scared out of their wits that their precious 'competitive' scene isn't going to be around much longer (and it wont, no matter WHAT they do.) and they've resorted to just stealing from DotA and making their game as DotA as possible, losing the things that attracted me to it back in 2009 and early 2010- the fact it wasn't DotA. The reason HoN fell so, so hard was because all it tried to do was copy DotA and it did that very, very badly. Riot is not doing ANY better.

Among the immaturity concerning IceFrog and Valve's lovechild, you just have Riot constantly doing stupid shit and making the company look bad. I still remember Tryndamere's incredibly stupid fucking post where he claimed the game had "Over 100 million active players", a comment so stupid he privately apologized for it because he knew it wasn't true.

I just don't like most of the people on the Riot staff (for good reason) Phreak is an idiot and really isn't even very good at the game, Morello and Guinsoo are jealous little shitheads (Morello is the worse of the two. He's such an arrogant prick and I loathe the way he thinks all of his ideas are 100% correct and no one can argue with him. Good ol' "If I say it's anti-fun, then it's anti-fun" Morello. ) Shurelia was a complete idiot who was a terrible champion designer (thankfully she left, but all they did was replace her with MSPudding who is just a cute version of Shurelia. Which is not a good thing.) I wont prattle on TOO much about the staff because I think you grasp I don't really like them and they make themselves constantly look bad.

All that coupled with the fact the game is just, frankly, in a bad state right now. The constant churning out of champions adds to this, yes, but the problem is the game just has way too much CC (It even gives DotA a run for it's money) and the current metagame since years ago is just CC stacking with occasional AoE ult teams, and for a game where basically any champion comp and item build works 100% fine, the player base is ridiculously tool-ish when it comes to lane comps, jungling and item builds. We're talking about a game where you can play AD Heimerdinger in a 2000 ELO match and do just fine and yet people throw the biggest fits if you don't build him "exactly the way some streamer does". Which isn't surprising on it's own. This kind of behavior can be found in pretty much any game, but what makes it so special and funny in League of Legends is the fact that LITERALLY almost any item build and playstyle is 100% plausible (And this is a VERY good thing), yet the shit-retarded userbase just poops their pants if you dare not play with a jungler or you dare build manamune or sheen on Zilean.

As for it being 'beyond dead', I mean that in a sense that most people are realizing the game isn't going anywhere anymore and are moving on. That doesn't mean it's devoid of players by any means, though. In fact, yes, lots of people still play it and will continue to play it, but the days of League of Legends being in any major tournaments is soon to be at a close. Speaking of this, I want to jump back onto my original point of Riot being a bunch of shitheaded ninnies. Remember back in late 2010? When Riot constantly jumped back and forth from wanting to be 'casual' or 'hardcore'? They'd beg to get into some shitty gaming circuit and get denied and their public response to this was "Well we want to be more casual-friendly anyways! We don't care about those dumb MLG circuits!", but then they'd manage to get into one and they'd suddenly be all "Yeah we're going to move our game onto a more hardcore playstyle so expect big changes!". Pathetic.

That's about it for my beefs with League of Legends that are just off the top of my head. Now if you'll excuse me I think I'm actually going to go play a few matches and build AP Tryndamere and watch as everyone complains I'm 'trolling' while I still go 15/6/30 or so. Toodles.

Oh and as a closing note, I really can't believe Blizzard hasn't sued Riot yet. Almost all of the skins the recent months have been basically rip-offs of World of Warcraft armor sets. The "Dreadblade" series of skins specifically (but not limitingly). I mean, designing a few skins that are loosely based on model sets as a sort of 'tip of the hat' to Blizzard is one thing, but they've been flat out stealing designs for awhile now. I'm sure there's some kind of case to be made there, but eh. I'm mostly just pointing that out.

My god you're ass backwards in so many regards. Please, don't go on. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Oh I'm VERY sure you've got me pegged. I have absolutely no reply or retort to this because you have literally pinned me with your highly intelligent counter-argument. I admit defeat to your obviously superior ability to look into situations such as a small company's direction with their game.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-05-03 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to fully get into it, and I don't think I ever will... Who can play the same 2 "BG's" over and over again....
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I've yet to fully get into it, and I don't think I ever will... Who can play the same 2 "BG's" over and over again....
    To go on a different note and defend League of Legends with this one-

The game isn't about the map. It's about the champions you play on the map. In that regard, the map itself is a very, very crucial thing. Don't think of it as a "BG" think of it as something you need to learn all the ins and outs of- because believe me- there's literally thousands of them. You need to learn every piece of the map in order to properly set up team fights or ganks or catch someone who is fleeing. Every piece of terrain that a champion can Flash (a fucking horrible summoner spell, by the way. Not that any of them should exist, though.) or spell-dash through, every corner you know auto-matic pathing will make you go wide on, every brush (Brush is another terrible mechanic, but I wont go in on that on this post, though) location, etc... Predicting the path of your opponents both offensively and defensively is almost half the game alone, the game would really be worse if it constantly produced more maps. Dominion is a piece of crap gamemode that does NOT fit the Moba-style of League of Legends and is really just around for goofy dumbasses who want to start a match with a bunch of levels and gold and run around a gank-based map 'PWNIN ALL DA NOOVBZZZZ1!!!", and at least Riot has the sense to say "Okay guys, really. We wont be making anymore 5v5 maps. This is how it should be." and I honestly commend them for that, believe it or not. They really show some spine, the only bad thing here is the fact they will eventually cave and start making new maps- but for the moment at least, oh well.

Basically what I'm saying is the game isn't about the maps, it's about the champions playing on the map. Your map is always the same, but your games will always be different based on what you're playing, what your teammates are playing and what your enemies are playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    JimPaladin.

Here. Let me summarize that for you.

We called you out on the fact you said LoL is past dead. A recently announced Season 2 Championships with 3 Million prize money on the line, LoL becoming the number #1 game in South Korea (And quickly gaining esport fame), MLG recently picking up LoL, and all time high viewer numbers on tournaments and streams seem to disprove that claim pretty fucking soundly. LoL is not dying and at the moment is doing incredibly well.

As for you massive post, cool, that isn't related at all to what we called you out about, your claim that LoL is dying. What it IS is your opinion on Riot, which while I share a few base similarities about, seems to instead be filled with incredibly vehement hate and bias (Seriously? You hate Miss Pudding? She's just the Community Coordinator for god's sake. Like come the fuck on, you make it seem as if all of Riot personally robbed your house and left you beaten and bloody) that make it difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Also I can't believe it, someone did a Dark/Evil Knight themed/inspired skin. Obviously ripping off Blizzard since they're the only one's who have EVER done that.

As addressed in my post, I did not say League of Legends was dead in the sense that no one plays it. It said it's dead in the sense people are just finally seeing how far Riot has fallen with it- which many of them (if not the majority) are. This really falls down to what we both consider to be 'dead', though. You think it's thriving because they pull out a big prize pool (which- by the way, was a stupid, petty attempt to overmatch DotA 2's small release tournament's prize pool of one million dollars. They'd never have made the prize pool that large if it wasn't for DotA. They knew they had to keep enough big-players as possible to stay in a real competitive scene, so they decided to try swaying them with money. It didn't really work.) and the fact MLG picked it up (which got them a lot of flak, by the way. Not that MLG is a good circuit anyways, but that's redundant because all 'pro gamer' circuits are dumb.). I say it's dead because Riot is full of clowns and the game is bad.

While the majority of my post may have been opinion, it has cold, cold hard facts in it as well. You can't say the Champion spotlight videos are NOT bad frag videos. You can NOT say Guinsoo and Morello aren't being really immature about IceFrog and are beginning to steal from DotA. You can NOT say Tryndamere didn't make a total ass out of himself with his claim of '100 million players.'. Riot does a LOT of stupid fucking shit, opinion or not. I don't really 'hate' MSPudding, by the way. I just don't think she really does anything and is more like 'pretty asian girl'. She isn't nearly as bad as Shurelia, who did nothing but design bad champions and shout memes constantly. Really, anyone could have done the job better than her and I'm really confused as to why she got the job in the first place. She literally was shit at it, man. But enough on that. Yes, I'm pretty hateful towards Riot but it's not really empty biasment. They simply do a lot of dumb things and continue to do a lot of dumb things. I honestly used to really, really like this game a couple years ago when it first came out. Because really, it was the DotA I never had. I was always interested in playing DotA but DotA was impaired heavily by the shoddy WC3 engine and was a game that was simply way ahead of it's time and I just never got into it. Riot managed to make a game in the style of DotA, but while adding their own originality and spin to it. It wasn't the failed clone HoN was. It was a game from the ground up.

Key-phrase is "was a game".

And again, about the skin argument, it's not just the Dreadblade skins that have shown severe signs of visual plagiarism from WoW. I mean, look at Sion's Dreadblade skin and then look at the tier armor for Deathknight and tell me they didn't just steal the design with very little alteration. This is, AGAIN, okay in very small doses. When done on a small scale, it's more of just a reference or even a sort of 'easter egg', but Riot has done it like.... I dunno? Around 10-15 fucking times, if not more? I'll say it again: There is 'tips of the hat' and then there is stealing art from a game like WoW to get people to buy it because 'oh duurrrrmmm singed look like mad chemist from wow lol epic win time to steal dad's credit card.'

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 05:20 AM ----------

To add to my last post-

I'll reiterate this since you missed my point the first time- The Dreadblade skins are NOT just 'dark knight' themed. The design for the skin is directly stolen from Death Knight armor designs (which are all copyrighted, mind you.). They're not just 'ohhh bad ass black knight' skins, they're almost totally stolen from armor tiers without much major differences made.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-05-03 at 05:18 AM.

Could wait for Prime world to come out, I think its like a LoL style game with your own castles and stuff. http://en.playpw.com/

JimPaladin, I thoroughly enjoy critiques of games by players (especially ones like yourself) that can go in depth about mechanics and game styles, even if I don't agree with them. No joke, if you would be so kind, continue your rant. I especially want to hear your take on the worst champions, summoner spells, and the other mechanics you disagree with
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    JimPaladin, I thoroughly enjoy critiques of games by players (especially ones like yourself) that can go in depth about mechanics and game styles, even if I don't agree with them. No joke, if you would be so kind, continue your rant. I especially want to hear your take on the worst champions, summoner spells, and the other mechanics you disagree with
    There's not much to say. I hate summoner spells and Flash should NOT be something everyone can easily have (It would work much better as a Blink Dagger. If they could copy ONE thing from DotA, it would need to be putting Flash on an on-use item and not as a 'summoner spell'.) I get summoner spells are supposed to be to make champions more diverse because they all only have 4 spells and a passive as opposed to the batshit insane spells some DotA heros had, but I think Runes and Masteries did that well enough on their own (Outside Runes costing so damn much, I really like their Rune and Mastery setup, honestly). Summoner Spells were taking that a tad too far, though. Especially with Flash becoming such a shit-eating staple to the point where it was literally either you play with flash or you're automatically at a disadvantage because almost everyone else would be using it. And that was some horseshit.

I also feel way more items should have actives and not just almost all of them be passives, but that was more because League of Legends was trying to be more 'casual', and it's just a matter of my own opinion so I wont go into it.

My only other major points would be Brush needs to be removed from the game. Brush camping honestly ruins the game. They need to at least make it so when you run into the brush there's a 5 second 'fade delay'. It's not so bad when you're getting together for a gank (although brush still doesn't need to be in the game for that purpose) but when some asshole is just abusing the brush like they're a penis and the brush is a passed out college chick who has more alcohol and drugs in her than an entire mexican bar and your only option is to go into the brush after them giving them the preemptive strike on default is really, really stupid.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-05-03 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As addressed in my post, I did not say League of Legends was dead in the sense that no one plays it. It said it's dead in the sense people are just finally seeing how far Riot has fallen with it- which many of them (if not the majority) are. This really falls down to what we both consider to be 'dead', though. You think it's thriving because they pull out a big prize pool (which- by the way, was a stupid, petty attempt to overmatch DotA 2's small release tournament's prize pool of one million dollars. They'd never have made the prize pool that large if it wasn't for DotA. They knew they had to keep enough big-players as possible to stay in a real competitive scene, so they decided to try swaying them with money. It didn't really work.)

While the majority of my post may have been opinion, it has cold, cold hard facts in it as well. You can't say the Champion spotlight videos are NOT bad frag videos. You can NOT say Guinsoo and Morello aren't being really immature about IceFrog and are beginning to steal from DotA. You can NOT say Tryndamere didn't make a total ass out of himself with his claim of '100 million players.'. Riot does a LOT of stupid fucking shit, opinion or not. I don't really 'hate' MSPudding, by the way. I just don't think she really does anything and is more like 'pretty asian girl'. She isn't nearly as bad as Shurelia, who did nothing but design bad champions and shout memes constantly. Really, anyone could have done the job better than her and I'm really confused as to why she got the job in the first place. She literally was shit at it, man. But enough on that. Yes, I'm pretty hateful towards Riot but it's not really empty biasment. They simply do a lot of dumb things and continue to do a lot of dumb things. I honestly used to really, really like this game a couple years ago when it first came out. Because really, it was the DotA I never had. I was always interested in playing DotA but DotA was impaired heavily by the shoddy WC3 engine and was a game that was simply way ahead of it's time and I just never got into it. Riot managed to make a game in the style of DotA, but while adding their own originality and spin to it. It wasn't the failed clone HoN was. It was a game from the ground up.

Key-phrase is "was a game".

And again, about the skin argument, it's not just the Dreadblade skins that have shown severe signs of visual plagiarism from WoW. I mean, look at Sion's Dreadblade skin and then look at the tier armor for Deathknight and tell me they didn't just steal the design with very little alteration. This is, AGAIN, okay in very small doses. When done on a small scale, it's more of just a reference or even a sort of 'easter egg', but Riot has done it like.... I dunno? Around 10-15 fucking times, if not more? I'll say it again: There is 'tips of the hat' and then there is stealing art from a game like WoW to get people to buy it because 'oh duurrrrmmm singed look like mad chemist from wow lol epic win time to steal dad's credit card.'
    If people are seeing how "dead" it is, then they would be leaving. All signs point to the exact opposite. The $3 is obviously a "Fuck you" to the International's (It wasn't a small reveal tournament btw) prize pool, but the fact remains it's $3 million they're shelling out for a tournament. The player base is increasing, it's gaining an international audience, and a lot more esport recognition. I really don't see how this points to LoL being DEAD at all, aside from your OWN SPECIFIC viewpoint of it being dead. As a whole it isn't dying at all.

I can say the Champion Spotlights are more than bad frag videos. The first half of the videos is designed to introduce the champion's abilities and give runes/masteries/items. Is it perfect? No, there is never one build. Is it helpful for new players and people interested in trying the champion out? Yes. Were the old champion spotlights very much Phreak crushing shitty players while being fed as fuck? Yes, they were. Are they now? No, not really. Hecarim's spotlight for example: Gives tips on how to keep Rampage active, how to position yourself for ulti to cause targets to run the direction you want, and move-attack to make sure you stay next to the target for knockback. Their spotlights have been getting much better and do the job they are intended to do, introduce the champion, give a brief overview, give helpful tips, and make it look appealing.

Morello/Guinsoo share a different viewpoint than Icefrog (One I disagree with. The fact that Riot is a business first and foremost will always limit it compared to DotA2). Does this mean they're horrible shitty people? No, it mean's they're designing a game differently from a competitor. Ms. Pudding is the community manager. She does her job. Cool, she's pretty. What of it? She's an attractive woman doing the job she was hired for. What is their to dislike at all. Shurelia is gone, few people liked her reworks, let bygones be bygones. While Riot may be releasing more hero's that are similar to DotA (Honestly, DotA has done a LOT of good hero designs. It's impossible to avoid dipping.), the games are still different. I still will swap between DotA2 and LoL because the games are different enough that if I want a break in one I can go to the other, still have that sense of familiarity, but be playing a vastly different game.

Any skin that bears resemblance to anything else is obviously a ripoff. It's not like Singed is LITERALLY a mad chemist, and thus a skin like that would be very fitting for him. We might as well sue Black Ops 2 for copying Battlefield 2143.

double posts 4 life

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 06:15 AM ----------

You're going nowhere with your argument on the 'is it dead?'. We see it two different ways. In some ways League of Legends is picking up players (It is NOT the most popular game in South Korea or whatever you tried saying, by the way. Don't even front with that because that's totally untrue.). You see it as a thriving game because of some attention it's getting right now. I see it was a dying piece of crap that will forever be caste into the 'casual moba no one really 'plays' anymore'. Which it mostly will be. Not that I'm saying no one will play it as in literally 'no one', but no one will take it as a serious competitive game. The fact it's getting some attention as a competitive game right now does not change this.

I can say Champion Spotlights have gotten better, because they have. And I already admitted that. Perhaps the Hecrim spotlight was more informative than others, I can't say for sure either way because I naturally haven't watched it. If I had to guess- yes, they're still glorified frag videos of Phreak showing off kills more than they're an actual spotlight. I know they're not nearly as bad as they were, no- but I know without even watching that they're still frag videos at heart to get people to buy the hero with RP as quick as possible. Because you see, that's their model. That's how they do it. Make heros too quickly for people to get the 6300 IP, then release stupid frag videos of the hero so people get all excited and want to buy it as soon as possible to 'own with this epic hero!!!', but they don't have IP right away so they shell out the money for RP because unless you play almost 10+ games every day, you wont be buying champions with IP every two weeks. It's their business model to make the champion look as powerful and 'own it right now' as possible. I know for a fact they haven't changed this.

Morello and Guinsoo are upset about DotA 2. No ifs, ands or buts about it. They don't like IceFrog. They make that very clear. Back when he was developing HoN with S2 they constantly mocked it (although not really publically or anything, of course) and wanted it to fail, and were happy when it did. Now IceFrog left S2 and is back with Valve. If you don't keep track, I'll make this simple. Riot, as a company, is like a small shark. It's small but it does well enough for itself and you can't really jab it too much because what they do DOES work, like it or not. But Valve is like some kind of freaky, mutant shark that is much, much bigger than Riot. What I'm saying is Riot doesn't stand even somewhat of a chance is these two companies go toe-to-toe at it- which they will. Valve has the people, namesake, money, etc that Riot simply doesn't even possess the capacity to have. Fact of the matter. Not an opinion. I believe Guinsoo and Morello are both pretty immature when it comes to IceFrog and DotA 2, as evident by the fact they've hastily began to copy a lot of elements from it in a short amount of time. Fact of the matter. Not an opinion.

I want to drop the whole MSPudding thing, but you keep at it so I guess I will. Again, she's a community manager which basically means she doesn't do much. Either of us could easily do the job, but she's a 'pretty asian girl', and so that just garners attention in riot's favor. It's like the community spotlight videos. There's a reason they use a pretty (if not fucking retarded) girl to do them. It draws eyes. It has less to do with them doing their job (which I'm sure they both do well enough, but not exactly above and beyond) and more about what happens to be between their legs. Fact of the matter. Not an opinion.

And I'm not saying these skins simply bear resemblance to WoW. They're straight from them. It wouldn't be bad if it was just Mad Chemist Singed as a nod to the mad chemists in WoW, or just a couple Dreadblade skins. The game has strong ties to the Warcraft universe and lots of people at Riot are open WoW fans, so it's only inevitable you'll get a few "Let's put Sion in Deathknight-lookalike armor, or let's make Singed look like a Forsaken chemist", but what Riot does is beyond just referencing WoW, they do it a lot and they do it because they know people will buy the skin BECAUSE it looks just like WoW. They are stealing designs from WoW armor to sell the skin instead of coming up with their own thematic "Evil Knight" skins. I'm going to stop responding to this piece of the argument now because you simply have no real counter argument on either a factual or opinion side. The cold truth is they steal lots of art from WoW to sell skins instead of devising their own designs. You have no argument against this (or at least you're not presenting one) so I ask you to just bow out and admit you're wrong on this one.

Edit: my post has apparently disappeared or something, here it is again.

Actual game suggestion for the OP:

Free-to-play, requires some of the same thought and strategy, but a fresh take on the lane/bot concept.

Super Monday Night Combat.

Picture TF2 style graphic design, MOBA-style bot spawning, lanes, and objectives, and third-person shooter combat with each Pro (hero) having their own set of unique skills to add to the mix.

It's not high-budget, it's not that popular, but it's hecka fun so far.

Super MNC

And again, about the skin argument, it's not just the Dreadblade skins that have shown severe signs of visual plagiarism from WoW. I mean, look at Sion's Dreadblade skin and then look at the tier armor for Deathknight and tell me they didn't just steal the design with very little alteration. This is, AGAIN, okay in very small doses. When done on a small scale, it's more of just a reference or even a sort of 'easter egg', but Riot has done it like.... I dunno? Around 10-15 fucking times, if not more? I'll say it again: There is 'tips of the hat' and then there is stealing art from a game like WoW to get people to buy it because 'oh duurrrrmmm singed look like mad chemist from wow lol epic win time to steal dad's credit card.

What "Dreadblade" skins? There is no Dreadblade set of skins unless I am missing something. There is a "Dreadnight" set, sort-of by set I mean 2 skins, and Sion isn't either of them. And while I guess you can claim that Dreadknight Garen might resemble a deathknight set (Though I'm not sure which specific set) Dreadknight Nasus isn't even close.

10+ Year Old Account

What? LoL is on its peek right now, like someone says 260k viewers for the last finals (which i saw). The community is getting bigger and bigger, and my friends page is loaded with people i meet at games.
    And in my opinion is going strong, and will keep going strong unless they fuck it up bad.
    Riots business model? i think so far is flawless, you can get anything in the game by Influence Points the only 2 things you cant get are boosts and champion skins. But its understandable, they want to make money.

EDIT: on another note, i love LoL, and i really like this last patch.. being able to see top elo players is awesome for me to learn :P

Even another EDIT: Nvm, dont mind my post, Kurdiern summed up what i wanted to say, and you responded to that
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-05-03 at 06:46 AM.

What "Dreadblade" skins? There is no Dreadblade set of skins unless I am missing something. There is a "Dreadnight" set, sort-of by set I mean 2 skins, and Sion isn't either of them. And while I guess you can claim that Dreadknight Garen might resemble a deathknight set (Though I'm not sure which specific set) Dreadknight Nasus isn't even close.
    Dreadblade Dreadknight whatever. You know what I'm talking about so don't be all jerkoffish and be like "ummm excuse me buddy but that's not their names so get them right!" And yes, Nasus' skin doesn't bear much resemblance to any death knight armor, but Sion's does (No idea if his is called Dreadknight or whatever, but that isn't the point.) As well as somewhat Taric's which is a little more of a mix of Warrior tier and Death Knight, but at least to the point where it's still a little original. There are also a few other examples (It numbers in around the 10's at least), but I wont bother to dive into the skin library to hunt down each example. They're there and unignorable, that's all I have to say.

At antherios: I'd say it's peek was more around 2010ish and into 2011. It's beginning to decline more and more, now. I guess if you want to cling to the whole "Oh some people watched a stream and it's having a tournament right now" as some indisputable proof that it's an immortal titan of a game, whatever. Your loss.

If your opinion that the business model that literally puts profits ahead of the game is a good thing, then I really do not want to speak to you about anything. I think it's a pretty common fact even with people who like the game that Riot does put money before gameplay and their business model is the embodiment of that. You really sound like just a fanboy, to be honest.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-05-03 at 07:05 AM.