Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Apparitions are a proc again.........Shadowpriests rejoice!!!!!

Looks like Blizz gave up on crapparitions

Baseline
    Shadow Word: Pain no longer generates 1 Shadow Orb for Shadow Priests.

Talents
    From Darkness, Comes Light no longer affects Shadow Word: Pain.
    Spectral Guise now causes you to be stealthed, not invisible. (Wording change?)

Shadow
    Mastery: Shadow Orb Power replaced with Mastery: Shadowy Recall - Gives your periodic shadow damage spells a x% chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.
    Devouring Plague *New* - Consumes all of the caster's Shadow Orbs to deal 2,099 Shadow damage per orb consumed and afflict the target with a disease that causes (1,049 + 50.0% of SP) Shadow damage every 1 for 2 sec per orb consumed. 15% of damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 40 Yards Range. Instant. Costs 1 Shadow Orb.
    Mind Surge (NNF) *New* - You have a 20% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Vampiric Touch to instantly reset the cooldown of your Mind Blast and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant.
    Shadowy Apparitions *New* - When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 12% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal 1,025 shadow damage. You can have up to 15 Shadowy Apparitions active at a time.
    Mind Blast now has a 8 sec cooldown, up from 6 sec.
    Vampiric Touch no longer regenerates health.

Finally! Can't tell you how happy this makes me!

Not just that, but DP is back and is a nice orb dump too! And it's quick "DoT" mechanic seems like it'll be a strategic implementation. To maximize DPM you would obviously only use it at 3 orbs, but for quick DPS maybe 1 or 2 orbs will be worthwhile.

If the state of shadow persists as it is now, I'll be much happier than I was 30 minutes ago!

"Mind Surge (NNF) *New* - You have a 20% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Vampiric Touch to instantly reset the cooldown of your Mind Blast and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant."

Basically identical to Elemental Shaman's Lava Surge, giving both specs a chance to reset the cooldown/eliminate cast time of their most powerful spell.

Overall, very happy with the new changes. Can't wait to test things out after work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE every change that is coming in this new build. So glad to have DP back and that Apparitions are a proc again. I'm very interested to see how mastery will weight for us now that it causes DoTs to hit twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonian View Post
    I LOVE every change that is coming in this new build. So glad to have DP back and that Apparitions are a proc again. I'm very interested to see how mastery will weight for us now that it causes DoTs to hit twice.
    Yeah, it'll be fun to see that as well! DP must be able to proc, and seeing it hits hard , this might be fun!
    It's like a mini dragonwrath for our dots. Awesome!

Too good to be true.

Sorry i don't believe it.

(Annual passes still gives beta acces, right?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Too good to be true.

Sorry i don't believe it.

(Annual passes still gives beta acces, right?)
    No it doesn't, not if you signed up after a certain date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandalar View Post
    "Mind Surge (NNF) *New* - You have a 20% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Vampiric Touch to instantly reset the cooldown of your Mind Blast and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant."

Basically identical to Elemental Shaman's Lava Surge, giving both specs a chance to reset the cooldown/eliminate cast time of their most powerful spell.

Overall, very happy with the new changes. Can't wait to test things out after work.
    And the new Shadow Priest mastery is similar to Elemental Shaman's :<

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    No it doesn't, not if you signed up after a certain date.
    All annual pass holder get beta invite, it's just that the annual pass is no longer available.

Yeah, but makes Glyph of Mind Spike a lot weaker.

Deleted
    Love the devouring plague thing but bit confused what we're expected to cast while moving now, spamming sw + apparitions seemed to do a fair amount of damage for movement, especially with surge of darkness proccing every 2 seconds.

Deleted
    These changes might actually make me reroll shadow <3

Deleted
    This is clearly a late aprils fools joke..

Maybe Blizzard reads mmo-champion forums after all.

Compare:
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Devouring Plague
    Instant Cast (40 yd range)
    Consumes all Shadow Orbs to deal X damage per shadow orb over 6 or 12 or 15 sec. Z% of the damage caused by Devouring Plague heals the caster.
    and
    Devouring Plague *New* - Consumes all of the caster's Shadow Orbs to deal 2,099 Shadow damage per orb consumed and afflict the target with a disease that causes (1,049 + 50.0% of SP) Shadow damage every 1 for 2 sec per orb consumed. 15% of damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 40 Yards Range. Instant. Costs 1 Shadow Orb.

Now people, read the changes again and see the spells we have, you will realize its not THAT good. SW pain doesn't give orbs, apparitions no longer have a chance to give an orb, so that leaves ONLY mind blast which has a cast time and a 8 sec cd. Nothing there is a problem for the PvE folk who can stand and cast, but people in pvp that are moving will be very angry cause of this. You can cast SW pain while moving and DP if you have the shadow orbs, which is a big nerf compared to the earlier build where you could do SW pain spam and S Apparitions. So please people, read everything before you rejoice. Just for the record I too hate the apparitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindza93 View Post
    Now people, read the changes again and see the spells we have, you will realize its not THAT good. SW pain doesn't give orbs, apparitions no longer have a chance to give an orb, so that leaves ONLY mind blast which has a cast time and a 8 sec cd. Nothing there is a problem for the PvE folk who can stand and cast, but people in pvp that are moving will be very angry cause of this. You can cast SW pain while moving and DP if you have the shadow orbs, which is a big nerf compared to the earlier build where you could do SW pain spam and S Apparitions. So please people, read everything before you rejoice. Just for the record I too hate the apparitions.
    That's actually a good concern. I'd put an orb proc upon casting VT now with it being nothing but a wet noodle.

With Mind Surge you get a 20% chance per VT tick to have MB cooldown reset plus have it instant cast.
    This will be amazing while multidotting and I foresee decent movement spiking.
    Crapparitions as an active resource dump is gone and no matter what, that is a very very very (I can keep going here) good change...

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    That's actually a good concern. I'd put an orb proc upon casting VT now with it being nothing but a wet noodle.
    Well that would be a good option even better on SW pain(having to stop to cast VT while kiting is a nightmare), but I honestly dislike RNG orb gathering. I'm not in the beta, but judging by the numbers from wowhead, DP is going to hit like a fucking truck, sorta like our mini combustion. Mind blast 2514 damage, Devouring plague 2099 PER ORB+1049 DoT for every sec. I do hope my numbers are correct :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I dont think VT is going to stay 75% nerfed,....it just seems way too much. They probably just over-nerfed it so that when they bring it back up by like 30-40%, the drop doesn't seem so big.

There is only one thing i would really like to see as a spriest now:

Some shadow glyph and glyph changes!

My wish for Glyph of Mind Flay:
    You can use Mind Flay while moving, but after you moved the target is no longer slowed down.

Numbers are the lowest priority for now, the mechanics are much more important.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2012-05-01 at 06:02 PM.