Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I said this allot of times before, just change our pvp satin 4set to be able to channel mind flay while moving(and reduce its damage if people think its to OP).

Well I for one am really happy with this change. Didn't really like the new way of doing this stuff at all.

Yes I HATE changes as well!
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good news indeed. Obviously there will be fine tuning to the damage etc, but they must have read through all of the valid complaints and points made.

I must say that I was not thrilled with getting all sorts of healing abilities. Getting some mobility and damage back is a nice change. And having MB as a 12 second loaded gun, how many times have you tried casting only to have someone move out of LoS right at the last second.

I am sure the theory crafters will figure out approximately how long it will take to generate the instant cast, so we may potentially be able to fire of almost back to back instants.

MB
    DP 3 orb
    MB

Dead DK (Ok thats a stretch but it could happen)
    Last edited by marathal; 2012-05-01 at 07:21 PM.

But where's the dot protection? And how useful is Psychic Horror with the slower orb generation? The little PvPer inside me is worried.

At least give me an orb for each dot I get dispelled. That could help with Psychic Horror as well.

Or add to Shadow Word: Pain: "If dispelled, your next Shadow Word: Pain cast deals three times its normal initial damage, and also applies Vampiric Touch."

Or add something to this new Mind Surge passive about what happens when Vampiric Touch is dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    But where's the dot protection? And how useful is Psychic Horror with the slower orb generation? The little PvPer inside me is worried.

At least give me an orb for each dot I get dispelled. That could help with Psychic Horror as well.

Or add to Shadow Word: Pain: "If dispelled, your next Shadow Word: Pain cast deals three times its normal initial damage, and also applies Vampiric Touch."

Or add something to this new Mind Surge passive about what happens when Vampiric Touch is dispelled.
    I like the idea about getting an orb per Dot dispelled but I LOL'd so hard at pain getting dispelled grants you 3x its normal damage AND applying VT. Sounds a little OP no?

Deleted
    Mastery: Shadow Orb Power replaced with Mastery: Shadowy Recall - Gives your periodic shadow damage spells a x% chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.
    Is it just me or does that seem a bit boring? Feels to me like you basically just get another chance to "crit"...

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Is it just me or does that seem a bit boring? Feels to me like you basically just get another chance to "crit"...
    That depends on the mechanics of our mastery, if our mastery can trigger secondary effects and procs like DP healing, VT mana return, SF cd reduction from MF crits, MB and MS procs from VT and SW:P, it would be very fun mastery in the sense that you'd be able to feel the difference between a gearset with high mastery from a gearset with low mastery much like you can feel that difference from haste today. If our mastery works like DTR and doesn't benefit from procs and secondary effects it'd be like crit, in the sense that a high amount of crit don't change our rotation appart from SF cd reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the changes, and I'm glad they are listening to the community regarding how not in the right direction the first builds were. That said, I'm pretty leery overall of how things are developing. If I do end up playing in MoP seriously, I'll probably end up going back mage. Getting a bit tired of having to micro manage everything.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I saw the changes, and I'm glad they are listening to the community regarding how not in the right direction the first builds were. That said, I'm pretty leery overall of how things are developing. If I do end up playing in MoP seriously, I'll probably end up going back mage. Getting a bit tired of having to micro manage everything.
    ...but that's what makes the spec so fun and challenging. If I wanted 3 buttons to press, then I would play another class (*cough* mage). Everyone is getting more CDs to manage in MoP, and shadow isn't any different. I for one am very excited to see how the rotation and new mastery play out.

I might be alone with this but I liked shadowy apparitions as a spell instead of a passive... Seems like shadow isn't really changing much from how it is on live now....

Quote Originally Posted by Randomerror View Post
    I might be alone with this but I liked shadowy apparitions as a spell instead of a passive... Seems like shadow isn't really changing much from how it is on live now....
    What exactly did you like about them? You still got that button to press at 3 orbs, but now it's an awesome dot instead of a gang of wet noodles crawling towards your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomerror View Post
    That's 100% okay with me. We got buffs where it counts, and a nifty new spell that makes us invisible. Other then that, they're shifting the focus from burst and back onto dots for spriests, which is what many have wanted for a long time.

I do not enjoy spamming mind spike. n

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Just tested the new DP. With 3 orbs it hits for 45K which is extremely overpowered at this very moment (my MB on beta crits for 55K), the dot component hits for 7K and crits for 14K. Still didn't get a single crit with the initial damage (perhaps it's unable to crit?).

UPDATE: The initial damage component can crit (89K in my case), and I found out if you get lucky enough with instant MB procs (which, to add, i love more than my mother) burst can be quite scary.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-05-02 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran a dungeon at 85 earlier. its a very complex rotation. Had times where DP was on CD for what seemed forever, but MB was up as instant almost back to back casts. Definitely a lot better than wait for 3 orbs, fire.

Shadowy Apparitions *New* - When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 12% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal 1,025 shadow damage. You can have up to 15 Shadowy Apparitions active at a time.

Mmmm... Nom :3

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    And the new Shadow Priest mastery is similar to Elemental Shaman's :<
    Nope, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Just tested the new DP. With 3 orbs it hits for 45K which is extremely overpowered at this very moment (my MB on beta crits for 55K), the dot component hits for 7K and crits for 14K. Still didn't get a single crit with the initial damage (perhaps it's unable to crit?).

UPDATE: The initial damage component can crit (89K in my case), and I found out if you get lucky enough with instant MB procs (which, to add, i love more than my mother) burst can be quite scary.
    Great that I was correct for the numbers on my previous post, so we can classify it as our burst spell. Now if only we got something like this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=78228 (the gaining a shadow orb from an critical attack on us part) like we have on live 4.3.4. it would be awesome for PvP.

About our new mastery, it works exactly like Wrath of Tarecgosa, and adds 1% chance to deal damage twice per 1 point of mastery.
    Mind Flay, SW:P, VT, DP, and Mind Sear all seem to be affected.
    Yes, bonus tics can proc FD,CL talent, reset Mind Blast's cooldown, or shorten the cooldown of Shadowfiend/Mindbender.

About orb generation. W/o the Mind Blast reset proc, DP has a 24 second cooldown, akin to the WotLK model.
    Completely naked 0% haste, 8% mastery i was getting about 3 DP casts a min. ~20 second cooldown on average.
    With 30% haste, 15% mastery and DTR i was getting 4 DP casts a min. ~15 second cooldown on average.

With VT on 4+ targets Mind Blast has virtually no cooldown at all. This allows for extremely high burst potential.

Other stuff i noticed.
    The Shadowy Apparitions 60% movement spawn bonus is missing, however the damage buff from last build remains.
    Instant Mind Blasts from using the Mind Spike glyph are still removing the Shadow of Death proc from the Divine Insight talent.

Over all, our sustained damage and burst potential are at absurd levels at the moment. Be prepared for heavy nurfs in the future.
    Last edited by DarkSavior; 2012-05-02 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSavior View Post
    Yes, bonus tics can proc FD,CL talent, reset Mind Blast's cooldown, or shorten the cooldown of Shadowfiend/Mindbender.
    Are you sure about that?

In my short testing today (only ~5 mins -.-) with only VT i noticed that:
    - The extra ticks stack Will of the Unbinding
    - The extra ticks crit independently
    - The extra ticks crit procs Variable Pulse Capacitator
    - The extra ticks from VT reg mana

But then again, in 5 mins i didn't get enough procs to really be sure wether it can proc Mind Surge or not.

With that said (and your statement about the proc procs)
    About our new mastery, it works exactly like Wrath of Tarecgosa
    This is wrong. Wrath of Tarecgosa just copies the damage of dot ticks. If the dot is a crit, that crit damage is copyied. It doesn't proc trinkets, it doesn't proc anything.
    If, as you said, the extra ticks proc procs, then it's completely different from what DTR does.