Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Glyph of Falling Meteor

Glyph of Falling Meteor - If you use Demonic Leap while falling, you slam into the ground rapidly and take no falling damage.
    I have mixed feelings about this glyph...

you see, one of my favorite things to do while bored is to fly as high as possible, fall, pop meta, use demon leap and fall on a low level mob, killing it... the new "demonic leap" kills this little sport of mine...

this glyph allows me to do that again, and it's awesome!!1!

except that it'll still cause no damage and so it won't kill the low level mob T_T

I want to continue killing low level mobs by falling on their heads T___________T

still, it's great that we'll still be able to survive falling from great heights with demonic leap :3
    Last edited by Mortis Darkskull; 2012-05-01 at 04:40 PM.
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Too bad that only demon can survive from falling too high, though. ^^

How do you know it won't do damage?

This glyph is amazing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post

Because Demonic Leap no longer deals damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    it's a minor glyph, not supposed to have many uses in combat.

I hope it does damage though :3
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

It does that already on live...
    Not sure why the glyph is needed. This function was in the game for quite a long time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Slickback View Post
    It does that already on live...
    Not sure why the glyph is needed. This function was in the game for quite a long time now..
    because demon leap is being changed to demonic leap, that's basically a fancy blink that causes you to go demon form lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds fun. Wishing I played on a pvp server because this is by far the best way to gank someone ever.

As I understand it, on live leap and blink let you survive a fall by starting a new fall from where you clicked the spell. This ability sound more like an Ironman slam/dive bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Sounds fun, I look forward to it.

Please, let there be smoking ruins of scorched earth beneath us where we land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    because demon leap is being changed to demonic leap, that's basically a fancy blink that causes you to go demon form lol
    But blink as well as all the leaps (like the old demon leap and the warrior thing) can already be used to negate fall damage. When I read the glyph description I thought we should have this baseline.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-05-01 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    But blink as well as all the leaps (like the old demon leap and the warrior thing) can already be used to negate fall damage. When I read the glyph description I thought we should have this baseline.
    Blink, goblin rocket jump, and other similar things negate fall damage by changing your character's direction of movement before you hit the ground, and it ends up forgetting that you were falling really fast and from a really high spot and resets your fall trajectory to where blink/rocket jump ends (or something like that) and so you live. You have to time these moves to sometime before you hit the ground. If you fly up 150 yards, dismount, immediately hit blink, you're still going to die.

It sounds like the intent of this glyph is to allow you to fly up any distance, dismount, use demonic leap, and charge straight into the ground safely no matter when you hit the button.

There's a difference between negating fall damage, and using an ability to change your fall direction/speed/etc to land without taking enough fall damage to kill you or do significant dmg.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-05-01 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    Blink, goblin rocket jump, and other similar things negate fall damage by changing your character's direction of movement before you hit the ground, and it ends up forgetting that you were falling really fast and from a really high spot and resets your fall trajectory to where blink/rocket jump ends (or something like that) and so you live. You have to time these moves to sometime before you hit the ground. If you fly up 150 yards, dismount, immediately hit blink, you're still going to die.

It sounds like the intent of this glyph is to allow you to fly up any distance, dismount, use demonic leap, and charge straight into the ground safely no matter when you hit the button.

There's a difference between negating fall damage, and using an ability to change your fall direction/speed/etc to land without taking enough fall damage to kill you or do significant dmg.
    I still think there has to be an upper limit to from how high you can fall from without taking the damage.
    I would presume that the falling speed is dramatically increased for a small fixed duration, and it is only during that small duration that you will not take the falling damage.
    I believe that if you leap from a sufficient height then the effect would wear off before you land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I still think there has to be an upper limit to from how high you can fall from without taking the damage.
    I would presume that the falling speed is dramatically increased for a small fixed duration, and it is only during that small duration that you will not take the falling damage.
    I believe that if you leap from a sufficient height then the effect would wear off before you land.
    Ok, so I might have over exaggerated :P There probably will be limits put on it. My point was merely making note that fall damage from using blink and stuff is not negated, your trajectory and stuff is just changed. While for this glyph, for however long of a duration or height or whatever blizz decides, seems to be intended as a true negation of fall damage during its use, not simply a trajectory change.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Why would there be a limit? To take all the fun away? First of all, the meteor reference may include a specific animation along with the increased speed. Secondly, why would a meteor be limited when an...ice block is not? Last but not least, minor glyphs are clearly aiming for fun and vanity.

Finally a way to survive when I don't have a portal up and some shammy/druid pushes me off the Lumber Mill!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Why would there be a limit? To take all the fun away? First of all, the meteor reference may include a specific animation along with the increased speed. Secondly, why would a meteor be limited when an...ice block is not? Last but not least, minor glyphs are clearly aiming for fun and vanity.
    Ice Block and Bubble do still have limits on their duration and still will only protect you for as long as they last.
    If you fall a sufficient distance for their duration to end before hitting the ground you will still go splat.
    They have exactly that limitation.

eh, I mean it's cool because I don't even have to think about hitting demon leap before I hit the ground. But I already enjoyed doing this on live without a glyph.

Deleted
    /vote for a infernal-like landing!
    Its just a minor glyph, so the most important thing is the style!^^