Deleted

Recommend me some PC games

I'm so bored. This last half-year has only been WoW, TF2 and Skyrim, and frankly, I need something new. I'm sick of shooters and RPGs, and I'm not too keen on indie games, so yeah, I need some good PC games. Any recommendations?

StarCraft 2
    The Witcher 2
    Battlefield 3
    Tribes Ascend
    Magicka
    Diablo 3 (From the short Beta I would say it looks promising)

I understand that you said you are sick of shooters, RPG's and Indie games however, that does not really leave much for the PC market. What, Want me to recommend Track Mania?
    Last edited by Fuger; 2012-05-01 at 07:19 PM.

You cant dismiss indie games purely on that basis, so therefore you have lost any credibility in your opinions on what you do or not like.
    They cover a huge variety of genres and have been pretty successful with selected titles.
    We can't help you until you get over your own blatant bias towards established names.

If only people would say what genre they prefer playing... well that would make it a lot easier to give u some games

Yeah, saying you don't like RPGs, shooters, and indie games really kinda lowers the amount of PC games to reccomend quite a bit.

Do you enjoy PvP? Might give League of Legends a go. It is a free to play game that the focus is team based PvP. Very popular, but if you don't care for PvP or get frustrated easily, it may not be for you. Maybe check out some flight sims or driving games? Sports? Maybe do some console gaming...

darksiders, old prince of persia, max payne (shooter yes, but it's amazing), street fighter 4,

Need for Speed series,
    Dirt series,
    Warcraft III,
    Starcraft II,
    Civilization V,
    Heroes of Might and Magic.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Warcraft 3 - Though you could argue this is an RPG inside a RTS, it is one of the best PC games released. Its a game that never gets old for me.

Dirt 1-3 - Amazing offroad racing (Rally) games, decent semi-simulation physics that can work for everyone, great graphics, decent progress modes, the gymkhana freerun mode in Dirt 3 can keep you busy for hours of fun

Titan Quest - A Diablo style hack and slash game from a few years ago, but amazingly well done, this is one of my favourite games, though with Diablo 3 coming out in a few days, you might want to save your hunger for that. Arguably an RPG game though.

To be honest most games have RPG elements and most of the big name games fall into either RPG or FPS, there are a bunch of great RTS games out there, a load of great racing games (though to enjoy them properly you need a wheel) and not much else that doesnt fall somewhere between.

When I look at my games collection it is mostly... FPS, RPG's and racing games, with a few RTS games thrown in.

Racing games like

Dirt 1-3
    F1 2010, 2011
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    GRID
    Rfactor, Rfactor 2 (open beta)
    Ferrari Virtual Academy (single player driving simulator - no racing, just stopwatch)
    Netkar Pro
    iRacing (Subscription based competitive online simulator)
    Richard Burns Rally (Rally Simulation, this shit is for the hardcore only)
    Project Cars - This is a community driven racing game in development by SMS, you pay and you get to test and put your opinion in a community, you get the game at the end + return on investment. Currently has the best graphics seen in any racing game, great physics and even the Alpha is a fairly polished game, gameplay and graphics wise.

Simraceway - F2P online racing simulator, less hardcore than iRacing, not the best graphics in the world but its great fun to play with good physics and its F2P.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-02 at 05:13 AM.

Deleted
    Shame you are not "keen on" RPG's or shooters. Would've recommended you Left 4 dead 2 (if you have 2+ friends that have it) and Deus Ex:HR. Both are really good games and Deus ex is almost nothing like Skyrim when it comes to RPG elements.

But if you have decent PC:
    *Alan wake - Cheap on steam and is nicely crafted title and I've found little wrong in it (maybe dodging system or so but that can be part of horror aspect you know "hero cant be too powerful" (horror games arent known for their easy controls, more about limiting)).
    If you like thriller/horror in style of older silent hill's (but less clunky), twin peaks and twilight zone stuff.
    *Batman arkham asylum/city - either one. Pretty solid titles. Dont really need to "like batman" to like these.
    *Pre-order Torchlight 2 and you get Torchlight1 free - If you like "dungeon crawlers" (diablo style). 2 games for price of half full-priced game, why not?
    *Portal 2, Half life 2..well almost any valve game - Shouldnt really explain these. HL2 is one of the best games I've played - granted its kinda old but still solid and has good ideas on design side. Portal 2 is fun "puzzle game" and should soon get level editor thats simple to use and share.

*Dark souls (on pc later this year but is on xbox/ps3..) - Will get you some challenge and you can either grind yourself more powerful or if you are skilled enough you can run thro it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Domains of Mystery
    Allods
    Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    Arx Fatalis
    Baldur's Gate
    Deus Ex
    The Elder Scrolls
    Fallout
    Gothic
    Might & Magic
    Neverwinter Nights
    Planescape: Torment
    System Shock
    Vampires The Masquerade
    The Witcher
    Wizardry

Age of Wonders
    Disciples
    Heroes of Might & Magic
    King's Bounty
    Master of Magic
    Master of Orion
    Worms
    X-COM/UFO

Day of the Tentacle
    Fahrenheit
    Full Throttle
    Grim Fandango
    Still Life
    Syberia
    The Longest Journey
    The Neverhood

Aliens vs Preadtor
    Blood
    Call of Cthulhu
    Condemned
    Dead Space
    Doom
    Duke Nukem
    F.E.A.R.
    Gears of War
    Grand Theft Auto
    Half-Life
    Heretic
    Hitman
    Mafia
    Max Payne
    Medal of Honor
    No One Lives Forever
    Painkiller
    Portal
    Quake
    TRON 2.0
    Unreal (Tournament)

Beyond Good and Evil
    Devil May Cry
    Darksiders
    Enclave
    Legacy of Kain
    Prince of Persia
    Psychonauts
    Resident Evil
    Rune
    Silent Hill
    Tomb Raider
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    The walking dead game that recently released is pretty good. It's made by telltale. It's very short, but will come in 6 episodes.

It's more of an interactive novel instead of a game though, most of the time spent is talking.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    If you haven't played dragon age i strongly recomend it.

DFO (dungeon fighters online).
    Meep~