Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I haven't played wow in over a year. Has the combat gotten that much better then? I remember it being rather dull.
    Nope. Still the same as ever.

And yes, I also found D3 incredibly laggy at times, despite my computer being fine. But hey, who cares about lag when you can spam the 1 key to grind your way through mobs endlessly, and never die?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I plan on playing WoW and GW2 at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I thought that at first. I really did. Then I touched the GW2 beta.

I've tried playing the MoP beta to pass the time since it ended, like I did before it started, and... I just, seriously, felt jaded all of a sudden. The combat doesn't appeal to me anymore. :S

Maybe it's just that the questing content doesn't appeal to me, but why should I play WoW for only a small portion of the game? (i.e. raiding) when I could play ANOTHER game because I enjoy the whole package?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The question is very simple: which games have the best fluid unhampered game play in beta ?

And the answer was seen in the Blizzard betas , both Diablo 3 and MoP are way better developped already.

The rest is blinded hype and potential talk.

But the difference was simply staggering in fluid game play.
    I haven't played either D3 or MoP beta, but just assuming you're right here - Well duh, of course Diablo 3 and MoP are going to run smoother. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, so if it did run worse then that would be hilarious. MoP is still running off the same engine as the one that's been out and tuned for years, so stability isn't as big of an issue. So just because these two are having a smoother beta Blizzard is automatically making better games?

I would say the responsiveness is pretty close if you don't try and assume everything happens instantly. GW2 does a better job and matching animations up to what it's actually doing. Sure there are things that need to be worked on, but if you're expecting perfection then you won't ever be satisfied (with anything).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    That'll change...when you actually play GW2.
    It's the difference between sleeping with your hot ass wife (don't pay to have sex with her), and sleeping with a toothless crack-whore hooker (have to pay for her).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    That'll change...when you actually play GW2.
    It's the difference between sleeping with your hot ass wife (don't pay to have sex with her), and sleeping with a toothless crack-whore hooker (have to pay for her).
    ....well that's just bloody brilliant.

Though to be fair, in a way, you do pay for it in one installment: the wedding. Or perhaps even the engagement ring, if you can get the bride's parents to foot the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    I haven't played either D3 or MoP beta, but just assuming you're right here - Well duh, of course Diablo 3 and MoP are going to run smoother. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, so if it did run worse then that would be hilarious. MoP is still running off the same engine as the one that's been out and tuned for years, so stability isn't as big of an issue. So just because these two are having a smoother beta Blizzard is automatically making better games?

I would say the responsiveness is pretty close if you don't try and assume everything happens instantly. GW2 does a better job and matching animations up to what it's actually doing. Sure there are things that need to be worked on, but if you're expecting perfection then you won't ever be satisfied (with anything).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post

I could agree that MoP had an advantage because the engine is used already. But people forget that less than 2 years ago WOW combat got tweaked again in responsiveness. People who tried to mount in SW TOR for example were in for some very nasty surprises when they came from the new WOW responsiveness.

WOW cheats on the client server connections these days which makes this game now extremely sensitive. You have to be ON PAR, not sub par these days.

I didn't see this in GW2. Far from it. My mage had to stand STILL to even cast a spell in GW2. Hell its casting time was terrible compared to what I can do with a WOW mage.

I didn't like what I saw in GW2 and the beta was indeed not on par with Diablo 3 polishment either. Not an MMO ? Who cares. It is a game and video games need to be PLAYED. BTW "not an mmo" is just a definition. I am sure if you played the D3 beta, you already would agree the lines these days are pretty vague anyway.

I have been testing all MMo's in the last 10 years and GW2 still had the same feeling as those others: it didn't make the grade and certainly didn't live up to what most expected.

"Because it is still BETA dude". Sure been there, done that, seen that for thousands of times.

Video games are all about game play and smooth game experiences with "fun" as a deciding factor.

I know it after playing a video game after 15 minutes (and getting used to controls) if a game is on par with the industry standard. Be that FPS, MMO or RTS.

I don't even like all genres, but I certainly know how to eavluate them in GAME PLAY after 15 minutes.

I am sorry if that hurts your feelings towards a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find your sentence funny if people start to return to wow..

What about all the people who are going to do the following:

Use gw2 for PvP
    And use wow/swtor for PvE raiding simply because gw2 doesnt have it.

Closing this as it's spent a bit too much time discussing other games and "what if X fails" threads aren't really that productive as a whole.