So how long till INFERNO

How long do you ppl think it will take to get to INFERNO difficulty?

50-60 hours of gameplay, assuming ~10 per difficulty and another 20-30 of farming Hell and generally preparing for Inferno through diligent trading and buying.

For really good people/second characters? Probably ~20.

Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    How long do you ppl think it will take to get to INFERNO difficulty?
    It's hard to tell, we can't look back at try-hards like we can with WoW (looking back to the last expansion).

And we only got part of Act I in the Beta. But you're just saying to get into Inferno.. So don't be surprised if that happens day-of release.

20 hours? Getting to the Skeleton king from a fresh start took around 1.5-2 hours and that's only about 1/3 of act 1. Make it more like 20 hours just for normal, and then longer for nightmare, and even longer for hell. Maybe 100 hours to clear from fresh start to clearing hell the first time? It all depends on how long each act will be, and how hard the game will end up being. 1/3 of act 1 normal isn't really a good reference to judge the rest of the game by.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    20 hours? Getting to the Skeleton king from a fresh start took around 1.5-2 hours and that's only about 1/3 of act 1. Make it more like 20 hours just for normal, and then longer for nightmare, and even longer for hell. Maybe 100 hours to clear from fresh start to clearing hell the first time? It all depends on how long each act will be, and how hard the game will end up being. 1/3 of act 1 normal isn't really a good reference to judge the rest of the game by.
    You're a bit crazy on the 1.5-2 hours to get to Skeleton King. Each time I did a fresh run, I explored the entire map, and it didn't take more than an hour.

Deleted
    a hell of days

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    You're a bit crazy on the 1.5-2 hours to get to Skeleton King. Each time I did a fresh run, I explored the entire map, and it didn't take more than an hour.
    It takes 45 minutes to complete the beta, while exploring.

Well you must be speed going through the beta! It took me two hours on every class! Or maybe I'm a just slower lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    yeah I knew it was somewhere around that time point.

I only got the play the open weekend but I played almost constantly and had it down pretty well.

why not simply wait for the game to go live and see for yourself

Too lazy to go find the post, but a while back Bashiok said they were expecting the very best people to be wiping on inferno for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Nope. Ill say it again, explore every tile set and break every object does not take an hour starting at level 1, my average time with full tile set clear and all objects broken was 1 hour 46min (+ 6 min if the den of fallen randomly appears in tile set). I played each class to 13 each patch, with over 50 hours of beta playtime. Anyone who says other wise is full of shit. period.

You cannot full clear the beta starting at level 1 in 45 min. You can however, clear it in about 30 min with a level 13 barb, decked out in all crafted gear.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-05-02 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Nope. Ill say it again, explore every tile set and break every object does not take an hour starting at level 1, my average time with full tile set clear and all objects broken was 1 hour 46min (+ 6 min if the den of fallen randomly appears in tile set).
    Confirmed. Took me about that much as well after leveling all five classes to 13 and then starting +1 wizard on hc just for kicks. Having killed SK at lvl9 without any breaks but clearing every tileset the charselect said 1h47m spent on that character. I did skip dialogues though.

No more then a week to get into it
    maybe 2-3 weeks to clear it
    only accomplish able in this time frame by a team of 4 that can play round the clock and can play well off each other which i'm sure there will be several of.

Who can do it in hardcore is another question. The hardcore player is gonna be spending alot of time in nightmare and hell modes gearing up before inferno with a group is even possible and probably gonna bury a few toons before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Nah, you're lying.
    I completed the Beta several times with several different characters and it just isn't possible to complete it with a fresh character in less than an hour.
    I'd say it takes around 90 minutes without spending too much time exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Nah, you're lying.
    I completed the Beta several times with several different characters and it just isn't possible to complete it with a fresh character in less than an hour.
    I'd say it takes around 90 minutes without spending too much time exploring.
    I should have screenshot it, but I killed SK from lvl 1 in 47 minutes on my monk...that was no exploring though, just plowing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do believe there will be 'elite' groups of 4 feeding each other gear and playing around the clock, I do not believe that people will be stomping inferno on June First. People who say that, must not be paying attention to all the info coming out from Blizzard regarding Inferno.

I think there will be people who are miles ahead in progression, but that doesnt necessarily mean they will be in Inferno ROFL stomping it. I think those people are in for a rude awakening. Clearly these people do not remember how brutal the random gear generator can be. You can play diablo 2 right now, for 36 hours straight, and not see a single item you want. . . I know, because Ive done it.

People have this idea that gearing your char is going to be easy like gearing up in WoW for raid progression. . . your sadly, sadly, horribly, mistaken.

"It took me 1 hour to finish beta"

"Oh yeh? Well I did it in 40!"

I blatantly did it in 5 minutes guys. So now, no one can beat me, and we can get back to the original post.

It's impossible to know really. If the game contains many zones like act2 in D2, just that could take anywhere from 2 minutes to 10 minutes to find the correct route, per area. Depends on how linear some of the zones are I guess.

Of course, getting to inferno will (hopefully) be nothing compared to finishing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    I should have screenshot it, but I killed SK from lvl 1 in 47 minutes on my monk...that was no exploring though, just plowing though.

Well yeah, but the reason I put so much emphasis on doing full tile set clear with all objects broken, is because Blizzard has stated that this is the best way to gear up. No questions asked. Gone are the days of boss farming, you now need to seek out barrels etc and Champ class mobs to find the best loot and ensure your char is getting the gear he/she needs to meet the demands of the next difficulty level.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-05-02 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    why not simply wait for the game to go live and see for yourself
    Agree this thread is not going any were.