Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    The layout is fine, I dont understand the complaints. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen. Click on a champion. Oh hey look a load of guides. Was that difficult?
    ya I agree ,never even had a problem looking at anything, in teh upper right u can select champ, approved ,featured, voted or last updated. Their guides do tend to assume you no more than basics. I recommend using LOLpro and solomid, and trying a little bit of both. Remeber there is no bible to follow, you must be able to adapt to your playstyle and teh people you play with and against.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    ya I agree ,never even had a problem looking at anything, in teh upper right u can select champ, approved ,featured, voted or last updated. Their guides do tend to assume you no more than basics. I recommend using LOLpro and solomid, and trying a little bit of both. Remeber there is no bible to follow, you must be able to adapt to your playstyle and teh people you play with and against.
    Yeah, always makes me laugh when I play LB and you can tell the people just blindly following a build because you can instagib them all throughout the game.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    The layout is fine, I dont understand the complaints. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen. Click on a champion. Oh hey look a load of guides. Was that difficult?
    Are we using the same site? There are no champions on the "bottom" of the site, just a bunch of blogs, videos and streams.

I'm not saying the site is hard to use. I'm just saying Mobafire is just a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.

be communicative with your team on everything.

as mid, i usually type everything i see, so to speak.

call out if enemy mid is possibly going to their blue
    call out flashes/ignites used
    call out wards placed and where
    call out where enemy jungler was spotted

you may think that this is just minor stuff, but this places your lanes and especially your jungler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, remember to listen for sounds of champion abilities. They can give quite a bit of information away that you can use to your advantage.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't do ranked for the same reason. I have zero interest in puttering around between 1100-1300 and if I want to get higher, I need to be able to carry.
    Doing a million normal games will never improve your game past a certain point as those in normal queue generally just suck.

You won't get true experience playing the lanes or roles you play when the other team has 3 ap carries or double bruiser bottom or double top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageForumTroll View Post
    Doing a million normal games will never improve your game past a certain point as those in normal queue generally just suck.

You won't get true experience playing the lanes or roles you play when the other team has 3 ap carries or double bruiser bottom or double top.
    100% true. I've been doing a lot of normals lately and i'm being put with/against people with some crazy 1500+wins yet they still don't have a grasp on 'no face-checking,' how to ward, or how to gank, etc. its pretty sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Are we using the same site? There are no champions on the "bottom" of the site, just a bunch of blogs, videos and streams.

I'm not saying the site is hard to use. I'm just saying Mobafire is just a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.
    solomid.net/guides

I realise that, but I also realise that I can still improve specific parts of my play. E.g. I tend to start too slow with CS. I end at a proper score, but 10 and 15 minute mark CS could easily be higher. I could be better at timing buffs as jungler. I could be better at organising Dragon / Baron and creating opportunities to do them. I could be better about leading the team.

I can still improve those in normals. Until I get at a level I feel adequate to 'carry baddies', I don't think there's any reason for me to go to ranked.

Also there is an app for it which I use since my comp setup doesn't have 2 monitors. It is called Mobadroid on the google play store (android market) it gives guild from both mobafire and solomid and it is updated with each new champion.

I can't beleive Im going to respond, if you scroll all teh way down it says "guides" in blue, or if you just stay at the top it says "guides" in white. there is a champ select on teh right after you click similar to mobafire.......why do i feel i am being trolled

I think the point is that you should improve on one thing before moving to another, instead of trying to chew over all the things at once.

Which is why bot games, normal and ranked are all nice in their own regard.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    I can't beleive Im going to respond, if you scroll all teh way down it says "guides" in blue, or if you just stay at the top it says "guides" in white. there is a champ select on teh right after you click similar to mobafire.......why do i feel i am being trolled
    Oh, I've seen that. I'm not that dumb.
    Sorry, but a lot of... "experienced" people are really bad at explaining things to newbies.

My point was just that Mobafire was easier to navigate. Doesn't mean I can't find my way around on Solomid.

EDIT: Axethor explained it in a good way. Again, sorry for being a pain, but some people just explain things in a confusing way. But I appreciate it, though. Thanks.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-05-03 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the main site is a little confusing, so I just bookmarked the guides page. simply select your champ from the dropdown menu on the right, then choose which guides you want to see (I do "all" just in case there are no featured ones and I disagree with the approved ones). Or you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click a champ, and it will show you just features and approved guides.

100% true. I've been doing a lot of normals lately and i'm being put with/against people with some crazy 1500+wins yet they still don't have a grasp on 'no face-checking,' how to ward, or how to gank, etc. its pretty sad
    It's 100%, but false. It all depends on your normal elo - before playing rankeds i've played about 1000 normals, with 700 of them being drafts and at the end i was matched just with people that had atleast gold or platinium elo, and when I started playing ranked i skyrocketed to gold (after carrying games with trolls, afkers or leavers with my main) immediately. Normals helped me with every aspect of the game, especially with mastering my main, cassiopeia, and having a main you can play against anyone helps you immensely.
    When I played my first few rankeds it was probably the worst experiance I've ever had in LoL - it seemed that people there had no idea about anything, including map awareness, builds, knowledge about when to push for objective etc, but it also allowed me to carry those games really hard, even though we had AP vayne and olaf on top that had 5th level while his opponent 8th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Until I get at a level I feel adequate to 'carry baddies', I don't think there's any reason for me to go to ranked.
    Welll.... Olaf + Fiddlesticks up top manage to feed Malz + Pantheon (don't ask). I end up winning the game as 16/0/14 Tristana. Pantheon says they all reported me for hacking. Guess I'm getting closer to the proper level, though it's a bit easier when you got 2 friends with you.

Deleted

I am sorry but normals do not differ that much from ranked. People try to play with the same scheme. There will awalys be trolls/misunderstood champs but that is why normals exist. To try out and practise. To have fun....