Thread: Black Ops 2

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Black Ops 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY

Comes out 11/13. Definitely an interesting concept, but it doesn't feel really "Call of Duty"-esque. It was only a matter of time before they announced this game. Hopefully the multiplayer won't be the absolute crapfest CoD is known for. I'm excited to see where Treyarch takes the zombies with this game though.

Honestly, I was hoping that they would keep Black Ops in the Cold War setting, and I was sad to hear that they were leaving that time period. There's so much more to the Cold War than what went on during the first Black Ops and I was hoping that they would get to all of that. That being said, this trailer did look pretty cool and I'm still excited to hear how it will turn out. G4 has already looked into the dates and coordinates http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...er-eight-maps/

damn, i know its CoD, but as a sucker for futuristic shooters, this definitely got my attention

I remember when Battlefield took their franchise to the future....it did not end well.

CoD: One EMP Would Fix This

If there's zombies i'll buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    From what I saw in the trailer the problem is the "enemy" gets the "keys" to all that tech, that's why there was a shot of them riding horses...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    What happens if the robots can survive an EMP? They just restart?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Can honestly say that it looks dated as hell, the plot looks ridiculous, and I will not be handing over another penny to the franchise ever again. Especially not when Treyarch are making it, bunch of 2nd rate developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    What happens if the robots can survive an EMP? They just restart?
    The only way I know is to make it harden, which will protect the circuits from the EMP which means on a practical level, when an EMP goes off they act like nothing happened, no restarts no hesitation, etc.

Also I am a sucker for future games and I did enjoy Battlefield one.
    (On Dark Iron, US Realm)

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD doesn't even deserve to be called a game. Its an... abomination. Here's a quote from last years comic-con, Me: "O, you game? What type of games to do play?" Dude: "I mostly play black ops, but I switch it up and play MW3" Me: Walk away with friends.
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearlyConfused View Post
    CoD doesn't even deserve to be called a game. Its an... abomination. Here's a quote from last years comic-con, Me: "O, you game? What type of games to do play?" Dude: "I mostly play black ops, but I switch it up and play MW3" Me: Walk away with friends.
    There is nothing wrong with playing a popular game franchise.

Deleted
    Sad I despised the original Black Ops. By far the worst of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    I remember when Battlefield took their franchise to the future....it did not end well.
    Many of Battlefield buddies, and myself included would disagree with you. There are quite a few of us who consider Battlefield 2142 amazing.

Anyway, on topic... I definitely like the direction we're going I'm starting to be burned out on "Modern" warfare. This will be a nice change of pace, and here's hoping they will continue the Nazi Zombie sub-story in this one also.

rofl this seems worse than bf2142, i rly hope this is some kind of joke and they scrub the project. this is no where near a COD game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always supported this franchise, even Black Ops despite Treyarch developing it. I was severely let down, now they took the only redeeming factor out of the game, the Cold War (imo) I'm done with that company, this game looks amazingly bad in nearly every way.

I'll be honest, this appeals to me way more than MW3 did. MW3 was such a let down.

Meanwhile this actually seems to take the CoD series somewhere new. I may consider throwing money at this after all, if they stop with the damned small ass multiplayer maps.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it during the nuggets vs lakers game... i wasn't impressed at all

Call of Duty: Battlefield 2143

Gawd...Activision made me so happy when I was younger...
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

I liked Blops better than W@W, but I like the MW line much more than anything Treyarch has produced so far.

Unless they actually change something big, I will probably pass.