Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Because it is cool to be on the bandwagon of hate.

But its even cooler to avoid stuff you dislike and stick to your own interests.

And if the majority of the people would have matured to the latter, the world(internet) would be a nicer place.

Nice places arent allowed because the world is supposed to be a idiot filled shit-hole.
    Last edited by mmoc53afbdba40; 2012-05-02 at 03:38 PM. Reason: engrish

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    Because it is cool to be on the bandwagon of hate.

But its even cooler to avoid stuff you dislike and stick to your own interests.

And if the majority of the people would have matured to the latter, the world(internet) would be a nicer place.

Nice places arent allowed because the world is supposed to be a idiot filled shit-hole.
    Or people do acteally consider those bands to be shit.

crazy idea, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan99 View Post
    Nickelback is a very, very bad band. But it's not that it's the worst in the world that makes it so hated, it's that everybody agrees that they suck. That rarely happens.
    The way I see it, people like to try and make their own opinion sound like a fact. They will use a word like "everybody" instead of using "I". Then when they have their opinion as a "fact" they want to force it on other people and insult anyone who doesn't agree with their "opinion fact".

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I like a variety of main stream music and hate Nickleback, what does that make me?
    It makes you someone who knows how to state their opinion as just that, an opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post

crazy idea, I know.
    Then why are there in the first place? I dont want to go to a video I like and see the comments spewing with flames. Instead they can use their energy and go watch a video they like! Myself, if I dont like a video I avoid it, just like I do with food, places, people I dislike. I dont go to a fish store yelling "fuuuu fish tastes like shit", because some people actually like fish, and also that no one cares/wants to hear about your negative opinion that makes you look ignorant and childish.

However you can go and tell "I dislike this because of bla bla bla and you could improve it by doing x,y,z" etc.

I dislike Nickelback more or less because they're just too repetitive. They're designed to be catchy, and some people are into that, but yeah, it's just too much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    Then why are there in the first place? I dont want to go to a video I like and see the comments spewing with flames. Instead they can use their energy and go watch a video they like! Myself, if I dont like a video I avoid it, just like I do with food, places, people I dislike. I dont go to a fish store yelling "fuuuu fish tastes like shit", because some people actually like fish, and also that no one cares/wants to hear about your negative opinion that makes you look ignorant and childish.

However you can go and tell "I dislike this because of bla bla bla and you could improve it by doing x,y,z" etc.
    That might stand true for youtube vids and shit. But once you go to a music discussion forum then I don't see any point of NOT criticizing a band as long as you don't try to pass your opinion as fact and you don't try to brand anyone who thinks elsehow. And really, people who get pissed off at someone saying negative things about their favourite bands as long as they aren't completely stupid or have a go at the actual fans need to grow up.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    People take some things very seriously. Some people believe they are authorities on music, and have deemed certain bands inferior. And maybe they're right, but I know I enjoy some music that people widely deride for one reason or another.
    This pretty much.

However, i can't for less than request people to take off their lives ;p when they defend Lady Bieber music on youtube for one.

I thought people didn't like Nickelback because they are so unimaginative and by-the-numbers it becomes almost comical. I looked up Regressive Rock on urbandictionary for laughs and sure enough, Nickelback were listed there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post

crazy idea, I know.
    If you hate Nickleback because the Internet tells you to hate Nickleback, then that tells me that you lack the capacity to think for yourself.

If you hate Nickleback because you *personally* think the band sucks, then that's fine and perfectly acceptable.

However, I think this video is very pertinent to this discussion:

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    It's not just the internets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ
    wow that was so embarrassing even to watch. Don't really get the hate towards Nickleback tho
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    holy crap! well, according to the comments it was a METAL concert. I'd be really pissed if I'm going to watch a The Killers concert and they fucking bring Pitbull or some scumbag first.
    Killers fans aren't brutal like metalheads, you know you and the others would sit there and take the Pitbull show quietly....

Personally, I don't like Nickelback but... if they opened for The Black Dahlia freakin Murder I still wouldn't throw rocks at them.... I'm not a douche like that and I realize they're just trying to do their job lol

Edit : Of course though, if Pitbull opened for TBDM.... I'd definately be booing as loud as I could and be THINKING about throwing some rocks.... LOL I hate that guy... Nickelback I can tolerate, but Pitbull? Ohhh hell no! XD
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-05-03 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    everything that you do/are listening to/are watching is part of a certain mainstream
    I don't think you know what mainstream means, or possibly even the word main.