Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Serious Question [seriously]

Yo fellas
    I'm just curious, ---Who---comes up with these retarded names for arena comps..?
    i.e (spicy chicken cleave, thug cleave etc...)

I'm just really curious. No troll intended

--typo ;_;
    Last edited by Slickback; 2012-05-05 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Because you are probaly in the very low rateing, where people make a team just for the easy wins per week, and it is more fun to win over someone while being called " gnome love rocket" then " tiger"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Because you are probaly in the very low rateing, where people make a team just for the easy wins per week, and it is more fun to win over someone while being called " gnome love rocket" then " tiger"
    I think you didn't read it good,he means the comp names. Not arena team names

10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't think he means the arena team names like that I think he means the actual names for those comps IE. Jungle Cleave, African Turtle Cleave and so on.

From my understanding (which could be wrong) those names are based on the arena team name of the first people to run that specific comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    OP means the name of the composition of the group based on the classes in it. For example RMP = Rogue Mage Priest.

Along with the more obsure names Ie Scumbag Cleave (Ret/Ret/DK)

Deleted
    Seriously?

Its not called spicy chicken cleave

Its called Roasted Chicken Cleave

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Its not called spicy chicken cleave

Its called Roasted Chicken Cleave
    It's called both all over the game.

You tend to name comps after what the creators of the comp named their team.

I.E, Zileas team at Blizzcon was called TSG, voila you have a comp named

Deleted
    There is an article in wowpedia with some comp names and their origin. TSG for example was because of the first comp, but it's for Train Strangulate Gnaw. So it does make some sense too, as it's more less the strategy used back then with it. Almost all make sense in a way of other.

Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    It actually stands for "The Super Gosus" which was the name of Zilea's TSG that won Blizzcon. Gosu meaning gamer in Korean btw. So everyone just called it TSG. It's in an interview somewhere, would have to do some digging around.
    we koreans call a gamer, gamer. we call a master, gosu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    It actually stands for "The Super Gosus" which was the name of Zilea's TSG that won Blizzcon. Gosu meaning gamer in Korean btw. So everyone just called it TSG. It's in an interview somewhere, would have to do some digging around.
    Oh, thanks. Looking into it seems that the train strangulate gnaw it's just one of the things that came later to match the acronym.

Even more noobish question: why do they include the word "cleave" every time?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Because not every competition can get away having an epic name like "King of Iron Fist Tournament"...

because lately arena is about aoe'ing people.

because most of the top arena players are "man child" or just mentally retarded.
    the mature/not-retarded top arena players, they create logical names like rmp(rogue mage priest) PHDk (paladin hunter death kight) rrp (ret rogue priest)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Even more noobish question: why do they include the word "cleave" every time?
    not everytime... just when the comp involves melee dps. if theres something else + cleave it means that + melee dps.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    There is an article in wowpedia with some comp names and their origin. TSG for example was because of the first comp, but it's for Train Strangulate Gnaw. So it does make some sense too, as it's more less the strategy used back then with it. Almost all make sense in a way of other.

Almost.
    wowpedia is wrong in this case i think..

10+ Year Old Account
    my team names are
    2s: Brofistin hardcore
    3s: the world canadian bureau
    5s: Brofist or Nofist

its just fun to come up with stupid names...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    my team names are
    2s: Brofistin hardcore
    3s: the world canadian bureau
    5s: Brofist or Nofist

its just fun to come up with stupid names...
    comp names.. not team names.

Some make sense . Other are just some bored gladiators

For example :

MLS
    LSP
    LSD / LSD2.0
    FLS
    RLS
    PHDK
    RMP

Some kind of make sense :

Spicy Chicken Cleave
    Jungle Cleave
    Ping Pong Cleave
    Shatterplay

Other are just completely random :

KFC
    African Turtle Cleave
    Wizard Cleave / Spell Cleave / Harry Potter cleave (All the same they're just MLS/MLD now)

etc