Deleted

Squad and party at the same time?

We were sitting around, discussing potential tactics in WvW. Being a fairly large guild, we will without doubt have a commander on the field, and utilizing the squad funktion.
    We also see a need of splitting up however, with groups of people going for other objectives. There would best be partied up, to easier track eachother.

Do anyone know if this is possible? Being in both a party, and a squad at the same time?

Never managed to test the squad/commander function this beta. I would presume you could use both party and squad at the same time but I don't have direct experience one way or another.

Off topic a bit Function spelled with a K looks very weird. not to be the spelling/grammar police here, its just most typo's don't make me double take like that one did.

Who is John Galt?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason why it should not work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Never managed to test the squad/commander function this beta. I would presume you could use both party and squad at the same time but I don't have direct experience one way or another.

Off topic a bit Function spelled with a K looks very weird. not to be the spelling/grammar police here, its just most typo's don't make me double take like that one did.
    Missed that one. That is how function is spelled in Swedish, so it kinda slipped in here as well, and to my eyes it's not so jarring that I caught it when I skimmed through what I'd written

I think it would be cool feature of a commander to create groups or teams within the squad that each had their own mini-commander. So you could split up in teams of 5-10, and each commander could talk to the others etc to coordinate.

Deleted
    A commader can create a party of 5 ppl , and each of those ppl can command 20-80 guild members (he can speak at the party and the WvWvW like /raidwarning)
    But u should better use the comander , in order to guide the flock of random ppl , in the dirrection u want , while ur guild members do the organise job
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-05-02 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Well, what we were discussing was having a main group of people that goes to the main objective, ie a keep for example. The commander will ofcourse be in that group, hopefully bringing a bunch of random people with him.
    Apart from that we figure that you will need constant supplies coming in to effectively take a keep if it's well defended, and that means taking and controlling the supply camps and parhaps nearby outposts as well.
    The actual coordination between these groups would be through VOIP, but also keeping these in party with eachother will make it easier to organize as well.

That is why we want both the big squad lead by the commander, but also smaller parties.

Deleted
    Hehe , i hope , i wont face u in WvWvW