[Anime] Angel Beats

I just recently started Angel Beats due to all the hype I've heard surrounding it, and the general reputation it's gotten. It's been on my list some time but recently I just broke down and gave into the pressure. I mean so far it's ok but nothing worthy of the hype I've seen it given; I hope it really improves, I really do just so it can live up to the hype, but all that aside.

I actually enjoy this so far, yeah it's over ridden with cliches but it's anime what more can you expect going in right? I do however like the animation and art style thus far, and I'll give it points for the subtle fan service thus far, as well as Yurippe's backstory I kinda gives you insight to who she is as a character, I still feel like the OP and ED had a lot effort put into them than say the rest of the episode, but it's still watchable.

So I guess here's to the series improving.

Spoilers I suppose, click to read.
    Edit : Finished episode 6, it really picked up and I am really enjoying how the characters are developing especially Otonashi and Angel... good series.
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2012-05-02 at 09:53 PM.

Angel Beats was sort of the same for me. At first I didn't quite understand the direction it wanted to go, but after about 5-6 eps the characters start to really develop and you get a good sense of what is actually happening. Overall the series was well done considering the niche it was trying to fill.

I liked Angle Beats and the overall impression I got was that the characters or the anime was populair.

BUt personally I don't think Angle Beats is a great anime, apart from the fact that it is just 13 eps it didn't really stick with me like some of the other anime's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty good, I don't mind anime's like this where it's slow to start up, but finishes strong. Also, most of, in my opinion of course. The better anime's out there, are the shorter one's. The only exceptions to me being Code Geass, and Eureka 7, they were the only two that were longer that I really enjoyed a lot. Back to Angel Beats though, it was an overall good anime, and Iw ould certainly reccomend it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayura View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, I don't mind anime's like this where it's slow to start up, but finishes strong. Also, most of, in my opinion of course. The better anime's out there, are the shorter one's. The only exceptions to me being Code Geass, and Eureka 7, they were the only two that were longer that I really enjoyed a lot. Back to Angel Beats though, it was an overall good anime, and Iw ould certainly reccomend it.
    You don't like One Piece?

On topic, am watching Angels Beats aswell. Hearing that it's going to develop a lot more is good, since it has been a little slow so far

Quote Originally Posted by Nayura View Post
    I actually finished it last night and cried like a baby literally, it was no Clannad but still; I hated Yui and I still cried like a bitch when she transcended, not to mention the ending and the true ending ie Otonashi meeting Kanade after the series, it was sweet and the moment they shared before Kanade moved on was precious and truly sweet

I really enjoy it past the first few episodes, it was just a bloody shame TK wasn't important he was awesome!

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    You don't like One Piece?

On topic, am watching Angels Beats aswell. Hearing that it's going to develop a lot more is good, since it has been a little slow so far

I can honestly say that I was not a big fan of One Piece, the story was pretty good but the art didn't do it for me; it's partially why I can't get into Fairy Tail that much.
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2012-05-04 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsonia View Post
    I can honestly say that I was not a big fan of One Piece, the story was pretty good but the art didn't do it for me; it's partially why I can't get into Fairy Tail that much.
    Yeah that's definently up to opinions, personally I love it

Angel Beats was originally planned to be a full 26 episode series but got cut down to 13 instead. This leads to a lot of plot points either being rushed or just plain never covered. The show is still good, but by the time you reach episode 10 you'll realize that more than half of the cast never gets their time in the spotlight like the show originally implied they would, and certain characters who did receive attention don't seem as deserving as those who didn't. And then there's the character who is introduced about halfway through, becomes SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS, receives a lot of attention, and then becomes completely irrelevant to the goings ons outside of a few jokes.

I liked the show, and the conclusion is very good. There's just a lot in the middle that obviously needed more time...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Angel Beats was originally planned to be a full 26 episode series but got cut down to 13 instead. This leads to a lot of plot points either being rushed or just plain never covered. The show is still good, but by the time you reach episode 10 you'll realize that more than half of the cast never gets their time in the spotlight like the show originally implied they would, and certain characters who did receive attention don't seem as deserving as those who didn't. And then there's the character who is introduced about halfway through, becomes SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS, receives a lot of attention, and then becomes completely irrelevant to the goings ons outside of a few jokes.

I liked the show, and the conclusion is very good. There's just a lot in the middle that obviously needed more time...
    Which is a little depressing if you think about it, I found TK to be a pretty awesome character and he never really got the time of day. I also kinda wish Shiina would have gotten a little time; same goes for Matsushita. I did however feel like the other 3 members of Girls Dead Monster were pretty much competely useless and had no air time outside of the concerts. It might explain why I really couldnt get into Yui; she came in after Iwasawa went and got the spotlight in episode 10 which was complete bullshit.
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2012-05-04 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    After finishing the series I can say that it was never really long enough to be really catchy, as already mentioned most of the crew is left out and their stories not even told.
    I did however enjoy the series regardless, and it's worth a watch, but it's nothing special.

Yea, I loved this series. Not my alltime fav or anything, but very good. It even got my little sister and her friend into anime-They had never watched any before and loved it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I adored this series, disappointed I didn't get to know all their stories, and the ending was sad, although after seeing them in their next life together was nice.
    I loved it not my favorite, but it's up there

Ahh, man. Angel Beats was good stuff. Haven't laughed so hard in some of those scenes. Gave me a nice wide array of emotions too: Happy, sad and everything in betwen.