Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I asked about this in WoW's General Forums and someone answered that it's part of an old quest and that "he disappeared because the game realized he wasn't supposed to be there".

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75082?page=1#4

I don't know if he's right or not.

Thanks. I guess I should have tried there as well. They may be referring to the Twilight Inciter from the quest Inciting the Elements. Different name, but it's possible I misread it. I'm not a sleep deprived alcoholic druggy, as some have suggested, but I made a mistake once before so I suppose it could have happened again.

EDIT: I posted in your thread, Aquariel
    Last edited by INDY720; 2012-05-04 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Do you have the haunted memento in your bags ?

10+ Year Old Account
    --REMOVED--

Please don't post meme
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-05-04 at 08:16 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    Do you have the haunted memento in your bags ?
    I don't have that.

I don't really think you're crazy. When I first read this I was like "um you're not that special bro we've all seen an NPC named 'Suspicious Character'. I only dropped by to see what the actual explanation was. To get it out of the way - NO I have never logged onto a private server in my life.

I've see one at least twice. One was human /w green lettering and I figured it was some sort of si7 quest or an npc or even someone else's on use item (similar to an Archeology item) and moved on without a thought. The second time I saw it it had red lettering but honestly I don't remember race but I just figured it was the horde version of whatever it was I saw before. Also iirc when I saw them there were either a ' ' or " " around the name. I believe the first one was in SW and the second one I was out questing but I can't recall where.

It was quite a while ago because I haven't even logged into live for at least 2 months (somehow I got hooked on soloing old raids in ddo) so I don't think it is a pre-Mists event.

After hearing all this if I had to make a guess it would be a default name for premade tester toons (possibly only rogues) GM/techs use to attempt to reproduce bugs that they didn't name because they would be in game for only a few mins. The other option is that Aloft was having an error retrieving the characters actual name and for some reason assigned that as their name which sounds more plausible but also would have been reported so I kinda doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY720 View Post
    I could not click on it. Either because it was not target-able or because it was already vanishing. The cursor did not change to a sword like it was attack-able. What I saw was the name above the NPC. It was tough to read because it was mixed in with the General Good Vendors name. It seemed to say "Suspicious Character".
    If it has a name above it, you have to be able to click it. That's the way it is for everything in game except for a few bugs with distance (ex. Deathwing before ultraxion).

It was US Dark Iron. I wouldn't even know how to get on a private server.

It was in the NE building in Nordrassil. My hearth is set there. So I had hearth'ed and logged out facing the Vendor. When I logged back in he was there for only a second. I'll keep my hand hovered over the SS next time I log in.
    Dark Iron? No way, that's my server. What side?

Sorry, I'm lame and find it exciting that there are other people from my realm on here.
    OT: Since we're on the same server I shall have to check it out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    If it has a name above it, you have to be able to click it. That's the way it is for everything in game except for a few bugs with distance (ex. Deathwing before ultraxion).
    That's not entirely true, I'm pretty sure that the Mysterious Camel Figurine has a name about it but it isn't targetable.

Aliens...man that picture is funny..
    I wouldnt have understood if I didnt just watch a TON of history channel stuff on youtube about ancient civilization..so funny

On topic...I had it happen in BC along with other strange things like a checkered block above my chars head.
    Anywhoo it seems you figured it out.
    And good job dismissing everyone's flame fest on you lol.
    Why would you come on to the forum write this entirely believable story ...games buggy as is so why couldn't it happen.
    And if It is a lie...what benefit is there to you to write it? So you can say "Haha fooled you" changeing the internet FOREVER!!.

Oh internet..what would we do w/o you...

Holy crap i just logged in and got the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    its one of these reasons:

1. A addon made so it looked like it
    There are no "addons" that model edit/make npcs appear. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I could not click on it. Either because it was not target-able or because it was already vanishing. The cursor did not change to a sword like it was attack-able. What I saw was the name above the NPC. It was tough to read because it was mixed in with the General Good Vendors name. It seemed to say "Suspicious Character".
    Indeed, same with me, I have 'Show NPC's Name' enabled in options, or 'Show nameplates', whatever the option is (I play a few games so might get the option name mixed up :P), so I see all NPC's names above their head without having to target them. I'm pretty sure this NPC was called 'Suspicious Character' too. I saw it from a short distance, started to head to it and it just disappeared.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    Holy crap i just logged in and got the same thing!
    Lol ^^ Just change the name colour to red though ;P