Thread: @7970 users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    AMD is pretty good with drivers for single cards, never had a problem in my experiences with their cards. When you get into Crossfire applications though it can be a bit messy, but considering that's a rather small percentage of computer users and the average gamer would never find using dual 7970's to be all that useful for anything other then maximum settings with Eyefinity, however if you are using a single monitor and are running at 1080p resolution you should be able to max out most games settings wise, very few demand more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    xfx radeon 6950 2GB 840mhz / 1325 memory
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz

In 25mans during aoe, i cant run ultra without dropping under 20FPS.
    Firstly, the HD 6950 isn't exactly relevant here. Secondly, trying to run WoW on anything like true ultra (ultra shadows in particular) during 25man's most intensive bits is murder on roughly any hardware you'll throw at it lol, imo.

Deleted
    My Card: Gigabyte HD 7970 OC 3GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI Dual Mini DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics

So as you wish to know, The benchmarks for the 7970/680 are pretty much on par few games win on each card no major difference as far as im concerned

Drivers, since swapping from NVIDIA 6 years ago after having terrible driver support (not sure if its got better) AMD support is very good fro my point of view very stable and seems always updating

As for bench marking the games i play -

BF3 1920x1200 Full Ultra Max AA - 140FPS
    WOW 1920x1200 windows full screen Max Ultra (Shadow + partial denc Fair) 25man hc raids - constant 60fps
    Not tried Batman yet as still need to download it

Overall im very impressed with the card (especially as it cost me £400!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dezza88 View Post
    My Card: Gigabyte HD 7970 OC 3GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI Dual Mini DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics

So as you wish to know, The benchmarks for the 7970/680 are pretty much on par few games win on each card no major difference as far as im concerned

Drivers, since swapping from NVIDIA 6 years ago after having terrible driver support (not sure if its got better) AMD support is very good fro my point of view very stable and seems always updating

As for bench marking the games i play -

BF3 1920x1200 Full Ultra Max AA - 140FPS
    WOW 1920x1200 windows full screen Max Ultra (Shadow + partial denc Fair) 25man hc raids - constant 60fps
    Not tried Batman yet as still need to download it

Overall im very impressed with the card (especially as it cost me £400!!!)
    You're not getting a constant 60FPS in 25s. It's been shown time and time again that it's impossible to do so in a number of fights by countless benchmarks.

Please don't mislead OP when they're asking for genuine input.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    In WoW's current state, you shouldn't see any benefit past a 5770/6770. Like others have posted, you'll only see gains past that with processor upgrades.

Now as far as MoP beta is concerned, they certainly upped the ante, however my GTX 460 (~AMD 6850) had no issue maintaining 60FPS everywhere I have played so far. Sole exception being the Pandaren premade spawn with 300+ people sitting in one spot.
    Might as well get a 6870 for their price, good cards, run most games impressively well if you are using a single 1080p monitor.