Average wait time for random BGs

I was just wondering if the wait time in wow for random BGs are better than some other mmos?

When I played swtor on my old realm a random warzone (bg) window will only pop up in the late afternoon, and the time in between would be about 10-15 minutes on a good day.

I'm looking at getting back to wow, but only for the pvp component for now.

Are the wait times for a wow BG still good (ie. very often available)?
    Pull my tail

Deleted
    Yes at lvl 85 its instant or like 1-3mins at max

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for horde but for alliance it's what Holyo said, 0-3 mins.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Thanks for the feedback. I suppose it differs little per realm, and in general the wait time is minuscule.

I like it!
    Pull my tail

Depends largely on Battlegroup. In the EU at least, Alliance @ 85 have to wait max 1 min. On Horde 2-3 mins. WoW bg times are pretty great. No matter what lvl you are, you normally have to wait 5 mins max during afternoon/ evening hours.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

My queues on Retal - Horde is around 1 min. Maybe a little longer, or sometimes instant.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rarely have to wait longer then 1 minutes. (Horde)

It depends on which Battlegroup (Server group), and Faction you roll on, but the longest you'll have to wait is five minutes. Usually it'll be about 30 seconds - 3 minutes
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Alliance averages 3 minutes
    Horde averages 1 minute

Your battlegroup experience may vary.

Deleted
    longest for me ws around 10 mins, usually get in a random in 30secs to about 3 mins tho(usually av, eots or sota).

Deleted
    Just my 2 cent here, battlegroup are unified, i have some char on hakkar -> glutstrum/embersorm BG and i can join with outland that is in Misery BG, so i think there are no difference between battlegroup
    And playing with horde and alliance i can say
    1-3 min for ally
    2-5 min for horde
    If u join specific bg that queue doesn't exist, example, i farm AV and AB, i wait 2-3 min to enter into Av then Ab then AV etcetc with 2-3 sec between. Obviously less direct honor but more fight

edit
    EU

Instant or no more than 1m. Unfortunately probably half the games I get are mere seconds from losing or coming in to a game way beyond hope of saving.

My BG is Illidan and I play Horde. Queues are less than a minute.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Normally around 1 minute on my battlegroup as alliance for a random bg. It's about 4 mins when I do rated BG's.

Almost always says average wait is <1min so not long at all!

US-Horde: Instant-3 minutes random/CtA BG.

EU-Alliance is usually about 1-2 minutes; even in the middle of the night it doesn't take long (unless the next BG in line is AV/IoC, that can take a few minutes).

On the downside, you're going to lose about 3/4 of all matches if it isn't one of the PvE BGs.