Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovaz View Post
    a cuddly chipmunk race of some sort
    Everyone loves gnomes. They're good for everything, from beating them up to playing football

I think Collected didn't mean that less people are using the internet now, but less people are exploring it. More and more people stick to 1 site: facebook. 10 years ago there was always a new site to discover, but these days it's just facebook.
    A friend of my sister even said "If you don't use facebook, you are socially isolated" and I have no doubt that there are more people out there that think that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    A friend of my sister even said "If you don't use facebook, you are socially isolated" and I have no doubt that there are more people out there that think that.
    Now that's sooo sad... =(
    "Ping pong wing wong king kong cheech and chong hop hip kajagoogoo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Everyone loves gnomes. They're good for everything, from beating them up to playing football

I think Collected didn't mean that less people are using the internet now, but less people are exploring it. More and more people stick to 1 site: facebook. 10 years ago there was always a new site to discover, but these days it's just facebook.
    Yep exactly. I didn't mean global population using the internet, I meant what we do on the internet.

Take personal websites as one example. Back in the day (and I accept some of you young'ens may not remember this) but pretty much everyone who used the internet had their own little personal webpage. A bit of rough HTML throw together with a few photos covering their interests etc. There were literally millions of personal websites. What happened to them all? They died. Instead, people either have facebook.. or a blog. We went from millions of personal websites, to a hand full of websites. That's shrinkage. And with that shrinkage imho comes a lack of creativity. What can you create on facebook? Nothing. You're limited.

Perhaps i'm wrong about the WoW bit. Maybe there is every chance another game will come along that grabs everyones attention and gets 10 million subscribers. But I just feel WoW came along at a time when people were prepared to invest hours and hours of time into the internet and it was still a 'cool club' to be part of. Now it's just a bit too mainstream.

Maybe i'm just feeling old. Feel free to disagree with me. I appreciate it's a 'way out there' point of view. I've been using this thing almost 20 years so i've seen a lot come and go, including friends. I used to talk to so many friends on the internet back in the day over various messengers and websites, now it's just facebook. It's sad in a way. But I accept young people are probably not getting any of this. That's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovaz View Post
    Seriously? Have you seen what Blizzard has done to WoW? Titan went from probably being awesome to now catering to slack jawed mouth breathers. I'm sure they've already baked in their patented global wide LFG, along with the laughing stock that is LFR, a cuddly chipmunk race of some sort that was part of lore over 40 years ago, Mafia Wars and God only knows what else. After their MoP presentation at Blizzcon, I pretty much wrote Titan off.
    Except Titan has a lot of WoW's old developers, the people that were behind making the vanilla game and TBC. There's a post somewhere if you wanna find it talking about how developers were shifted to working on Titan near the end of TBC, which is the time in most people's eyes of when the game started its decline.

Essentially, the people behind making wow as successful as it was aren't working on the game anymore. Right now Blizzard is more interested in milking the social experience of the game as opposed to creating fun, engaging content as the game's engine can't actually support the sort of content needed to be fun in the current gaming scene.

You also have to realize the developers for the various different titles are separate entities. Saying you're blowing off Titan because WoW is bad is like saying you're gonna blow off D3 or SC2 just because you don't like WoW or WC3.

i think a new genre will be the next big thing. for it to be as big as wow was when it came out it has to be something entirely new. not even an mmo
    I think Diablo is a potential glimps into the next big thing. i mean AH where u can sll ingame items for rl cash? i think nxt big thing will have something to do with earning irl money AND playing a game. i dunno just thinkin out loud