Deleted

The current state of SWTOR

Hey people. From an outside point of view (not playing the game) i'm very interested in knowing how the game is doing lately
    Is it doing well or slowly rotting? I'm not here to start any flaming and since i don't play the game i don't have any bias whatsoever. Just interested

- Ervill.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's great, thanks for asking.

EA's quarterly earnings call is next Monday if you base your opinion of a game's health on the subscription numbers and revenue.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks mate, although i kinda wanted it short and to the point
    I hope it's doing well tbh. Epic franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ervill View Post
    Thanks mate, although i kinda wanted it short and to the point
    I hope it's doing well tbh. Epic franchise.
    As someone who is no longer paying for the game I still have little to no regrets about my purchase. You can easily fill up a month or two with it, just doing the story, even if it turns out to not be mostly your cup of tea. Anecdotal evidence implies that the game has mostly "stabilized" though it is simply too soon to tell how well it will hold up over the long haul.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    As someone who is no longer paying for the game I still have little to no regrets about my purchase. You can easily fill up a month or two with it, just doing the story, even if it turns out to not be mostly your cup of tea. Anecdotal evidence implies that the game has mostly "stabilized" though it is simply too soon to tell how well it will hold up over the long haul.
    To me, the game has potential, but it was end game raiding that needs to step it up. When I stopped, it seemed like the population was slowly decreasing just mainly due to the "honeymoon" phase being over and stuff. Other than that I agree with this post.

My two cents though, if you are looking to buy it just to try it, go for it. This game re-invented a leveling experience for me. Leveling honestly was interesting and fun and felt less like a chore.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the game now is better than it was at launch, but still needs a few QoL features that are confirmed to be coming in future updates. Population is a bit of an issue as everyone is spread through out many servers and their currently isn't any cross server systems for PvP or a server side group finder. The Legacy system that was added in 1.2 seems to have spawned a lot of new alts and rerolls for many people. The game itself kicks ass and though my play time is less and less, I still enjoy the time I spend on the game and look forward to its future.

they need to hurry up With the lfg system.

Deleted
    Sounds interesting with the leveling (coming from a incurable altoholic)

Thanks for all the answers peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ervill View Post
    Sounds interesting with the leveling (coming from a incurable altoholic)

Thanks for all the answers peeps!
    Yeah I am mostly coming back to see the legacy system and I have heard nothing but good things about it so its worth a shot to come back to me
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Closing. Nothing against this thread specifically, but we do have a couple floating around that serve the same purpose. Please use one of the established threads for discussion.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-05-02 at 05:51 PM.