10+ Year Old Account

The Beginning of the End ((closed RP ooc/signups))

I originally posted this survival/horror type RP on the World's End forums but had to let it go due to RL issues. I still think it is a good idea though, so now that I have a bit of free time I wanted to post it here to see if any of y’all were interested.

This will be a closed RP set at the beginning of the end of Lordaeron. Arthas has just returned from Northrend in possession of Frostmourne and murdered his father. He is right now cutting a bloody swath through the countryside toward Quel’Thalas and, ultimately, the Sunwell. I wanted to capture the chaos and desperation of the people in eastern Lordaeron as all hell breaks loose around them. The Cultists and the undead are running rampant. Whole towns are being decimated by the Plague and their entire populaces are being raised to march with the Scourge. It is literally a zombie apocalypse for the people of the region. Here and there, pockets of the living fight back against their dead friends and family or try to flee to safety in the south or west. We are going to be one of these refugee groups.

My character, Bree Chillwind, is a native of Lordaeron who trained as a mage in Dalaran. She will encounter the other characters in the RP as we try to escape the Scourge and attempt to lead them to safety. Her ultimate goal is Dalaran and I have several obstacles planned for us to overcome on our way there. I even have different ‘moral’ dilemmas in mind for the survivors to face. Bree will be the de facto leader of the group, but I welcome and encourage discussion, both IC and OCC! Feel free to argue with her if your character doesn’t like her plan, I want most decisions to be a group effort. If it is something that must happen for the plot to move forward, I’ll put my foot down in the OOC thread.

This thread is open for any walk of life, from simple townsfolk to spell casters and professional soldiers. Since this is set in the past, I ask that you please choose a character from among the Alliance races in the Eastern Kingdoms at the time these events took place. This includes Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and High Elves (I reserve the right to be especially picky when it comes to the elf characters since their situation is so complex as the majority of their race will shortly be seceding from the Alliance- a subject I hope to touch on eventually.) Sorry, no death knights as they have yet to be freed from the Lich King. If you want to bring in your DK/Forsaken/BE characters as who they were before these events took place then you are more than welcome to. (For example, my character, Bree, would be 21 and freshly graduated from the Academy in Dalaran when this is taking place.)

As always, this RP is meant to be fun and enjoyable but I do intend on putting a lot of effort into it, so please do the same!
    I love to write (it’s how I got into RPing) as well as reading the creative posts that other people come up with, so I ask that we keep each post at least 5 sentences long (one measly paragraph ) and please use your best spelling and grammar. Mistakes happen but as long as you are making an effort it’s okay- I am honestly more of a stickler for lore than grammar. Basic RP rules also apply: no god-moding, mary sues, or meta-gaming (particularly OOC knowledge that your toon shouldn’t know- example: your character knowing that Arthas murdered his father when it just happened miles and miles away.)

I’ll probably keep this small, three or four other characters besides my own- if there are that many even interested in the thread. I hope to keep things active, so if anyone goes MIA for more than a week without notice or warning, your character gets fed to the brain nomming zombies and I’ll reopen signups for your spot.

If you are interested but uncertain, I can post the IC opening that I have written up so you can get a feel for the thread. Or if you have any other questions, please just ask.
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

~My RP Characters~

Deleted
    sounds fun, i will come then with mike helson. In that time he was a fresh new paladin of the silver hand ( disbanded by arthas after the culling of stratholme)
    Last edited by mmoc7b201a41d6; 2012-05-02 at 04:33 PM.

I'm joining up with a fairly talented young mage named Daniel Carrows, who was in Lordaeron to visit family the week Arthas came back to the Eastern Kingdoms. At this point, he was one of the older students at the Dalaran Academy. I'll be writing up a bio for him sometime, but Istella, you know his general thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I totally forgot- The RP is going to open in the woods of eastern Lordaeron, to the southeast of Stratholme and near a fictional town called Blackwood Village. If your character would not be a resident in this general area at the time, please include why they would be here when all this is taking place.

Bree lived in Dalaran, but she was there because she was with a group of mages sent by the Kirin Tor to investigate the Cult of the Damned’s activity in eastern Lordaeron. The Cultists did not want the mages poking around just as Arthas was arriving back in the kingdom so they sabotaged their mission in an effort to weaken any military presence in the area that might oppose his march to Quel’Thalas.

And sáfarie, thank you so much for the interest in the thread.<3 Just a couple things I noticed- based off the timeline I was looking at (I admit to being a little bit iffy on the exact number of years so please correct me if I am wrong!) this would be happening 8-9ish years ago. That would put Mike at around 38 years old, I'm not sure how long Silver Hand training lasted, but I would think he would be fairly advanced at that age, right? Either way, Arthas already culled Stratholme, he just arrived back in Lordaeron from Northrend as the RP opens. Also the rest of his bio is kind of bare, fill it out a bit and I'll be glad to have you with us. ^_^

And Mad is accepted... as soon as I see his bio.
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-05-02 at 05:43 PM.

~My RP Characters~

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of this RP. I might have to think about making a character for it; if you were going to bring it all the way to Quel'thalas I would've just used Nox or someone from her history (maybe her late fiancee?) for it and had them join in there, but meh.

I'm thinking about it. We'll see.
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2012-05-02 at 06:11 PM.

Would a child character be acceptable? My human assassin that I'm writing up soon(ish) is about 12-13 during the time this takes place, and it's one of the main reasons she joins up with Ravenholdt (to assassinate Scourge leaders).

A freaking out kid makes for a lovely sacrifice scene imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to bring my paladin Aland Wood. His past is a little fuzzy at this point, as he was basically wondering in a state of grief, but basically he was just starting out on his path of Retribution against the Scourge that took his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonfictionless- Just let me know why you are in this area (it's only a couple of days travel from Stratholme so that should be easy to explain ) and accepted. ^_^

Synaxis- Just let me know who you intend to bring once you settle on someone.

Shadow-cleave- If it is all the same to you, I would really rather not have a child along. I'm hoping to keep the thread rather dark and gloomy and also since it is such a small group I would prefer if everyone was able-bodied and capable of putting up a fight.

~My RP Characters~

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istella View Post
    Shadow-cleave- If it is all the same to you, I would really rather not have a child along. I'm hoping to keep the thread rather dark and gloomy and also since it is such a small group I would prefer if everyone was able-bodied and capable of putting up a fight.
    How about someone in the 17-19 range?

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find where you actually wanted to start the RP in your original post but I assume from your Bio that it will start someplace near Chillwind Point, Northern Foothills or the town of South Shore. So really any place would be appropriate for Aland to be. He is still in between the healer he was and the crusader he is becoming. So he wouldn't be fully focused on hunting evil yet and would still be trying to heal and help all that he could. Plus he would be, at this point, subconsciously avoiding Stratholme and Hearthglen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, sorry Nonfictionless- I added a location in the subsequent post but here is an image of the area I was thinking. For the purpose of the RP I'm making up a small town, Blackwood Village, on the shore of Blackwood Lake. The RP will open in the woods outside of town (which has become an empty ghost town overnight- no one will know what happened to the inhabitants) and you can either start your character in town or outside of it. Our characters will meet up there.

Edit-
    And yes Synaxis, 17-19 is cool.

~My RP Characters~

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm....Alrighty. I think I can get that to work for Aland. Especially since this is going to be a "dark and gloomy" RP. ^.^

Deleted
    Yes you where right with that and i was confused with other things that happened around, at that time he was already a paladin of the silver hand for years. and at the time u starting the rp he is a disbanded member of the silver hand. i will update and add his history soon

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nairella Carthage. Rough bio but it should suffice

10+ Year Old Account
    Okie dokie lokie!

Now that the last signup is in, I suppose I'l kick things off. I'm making a separate IC thread for us, but I'll probably still post in this thread from time to time as I have most of the general structure for the first part of this RP already mapped out and might need to let you guys know a few thing OOCly things once in a while. I'll use IRC when I can, but I work odd hours and might not be online the same time as most of you are active.

Like I said, I like to write so the opening might be a little long. I'll start with Bree's post and then make another short one just to describe the town. Everyone should be arriving in the town in their first post or situated near enough to meet up with the rest of us shortly. Feel free to meet each other/interact but once everyone has arrived, I plan to get the ball rolling. ^_^

~My RP Characters~