Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo, roll a warrior now before people realize how fkn over powered they're going to be in xpac :s.

I have an 85 warrior just not geared

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Rogues have always been viable in PvP, you can't go wrong with them... but COMBAT is a horrible choice, sub is the only way to go.
    Muti was the preferred rogue spec in wrath(and they weren't really OP, i believe), and now that all specs can get prep, any spec could be the "best" one next expo, I have a feeling it'll be either assassination or sub

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoOrange View Post
    This is funny because it's 100% true. Have done this so many times.
    My rogue actually became my 2nd lvl 80 in wrath because I was so annoyed by them on my Hpala.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Monk. As the new class, they'll be deliberately made overpowered for the first season, just like DKs.
    Or they will do the opposite; don't repeat the mistake that they did DKs and undertune the new class.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Quote without the quote
    This is right they did ""admit"" or the closest aproximation of it that they made DKs and Paladins powerful deliberatedly in Wrath, I don't know if it was because the whole expansion was about those classes or to keep players happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    This is right they did ""admit"" or the closest aproximation of it that they made DKs and Paladins powerful deliberatedly in Wrath, I don't know if it was because the whole expansion was about those classes or to keep players happy.
    It was for the latter reason. There was some unhappiness all around with some players (particularly paladins that didn't want to be healbots, though wasn't Prot viable towards the end of TBC?), and so they deliberately made some classes and specs really strong to entice those players to either keep playing, or come back to WoW if they'd stopped playing.

I suppose it's possible monks will be weak in PvP, but I just don't see how unless I'm misreading their toolkit. Granted, I haven't been playing in the beta recently and I don't plan to until level 90 is unlocked and I can fiddle with things that will actually have some kind of impact on MoP's end-game. Monk tanks in particular seem like they're gonna outshine everyone else.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Rogues have always been viable in PvP, you can't go wrong with them... but COMBAT is a horrible choice, sub is the only way to go.
    The reason sub is the way to go is mainly preparation and shadow step. In MoP all three specs will be able to choose one or the other. Personally I'm thinking assassination with shadow step will be the way to go. Combat might be good though it has very good sustained damage output with no positioning requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Honestly, the new mechanic that gets the less press is probably Detox (the remove all bleeds from target), but it may be one of the most environment-defining spells of MoP.

Think about it this way: in a single global, in negates at least half the pressure of an entire opening chain from a feral or a rogue, effectively making monks a hard counter to those two classes/specs. If monks are any good (which they should be, after all many people will roll them and Blizzard wants to keep people happy with them), then their presence in the arena is going to mean hell for rogues and ferals. Literally.
    By extension, what are the classes that suffer the most from rogues but are otherwise quite strong in the field?

Death Knights.

If you're happy playing one at the moment, I would stick to it, they are going beast mode with desecrated ground (2nd pvp trinket at lvl 90).
    Not really. Dwarves stoneform already clears bleeds, poison, diseases AND reduces damage by 10%. It is helpful but in no way defining or game changing in a match.

OT, I think like other people have mentioned here you really can't go wrong with rogue and we all know GC and all his friends and family play mage so they are always OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    imo, roll a warrior now before people realize how fkn over powered they're going to be in xpac :s.
    spell reflect got nerfed already, only lasted a week. and we're still easily kited, low up time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shockadin or Atonement Priest. 2500. Go.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Not really. Dwarves stoneform already clears bleeds, poison, diseases AND reduces damage by 10%. It is helpful but in no way defining or game changing in a match.

OT, I think like other people have mentioned here you really can't go wrong with rogue and we all know GC and all his friends and family play mage so they are always OP.
    Stoneform also has a 2 minute cooldown.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think monks will be OP in the first few months/ patch... I was playing my 85 premade monk (WW spec) on the EU-pvp server, and dueled around 10 people or so, quite a few in full Cataclysmic pvp sets, and I beat them without a whole lot of trouble. Mind you, I don't pvp hardly at all, at least not seriously... The combination of Zen Sphere heals/damage + expel harm + all the movement tricks you have makes you VERY hard to kill.

Remember numbers are not yet final, so your monks smashing people apart or your bleeds not ticking for much may very well by a temporary thing
    RETH