Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get it either, but i've learned to not question it because dubstep fans tends to get really b**thurt for it
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ShEIZqpwSU

This

With everything, there's better and lesser. But this probably surmounts why I love dubstep...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ...what I'm sick of, though, is people like the OP who think anything they don't like is worth making a big fuss over.
    This is exactly what I thought. I love all types of music. The majority of today's music is in some way electronic. Unplug 90% of the artists spitting out records left and right and they would get boo'd out of town.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the brutal elements of it, such as cranking certain parts of songs really, really loud on a good sound system and feeling the sheer physicality of it. I do like that. But listening to it on a daily basis? Ah noo. I've given a few artists a shot and I've come to the conclusion that it's not for me, I get all the dubstep I really need from that "call 911 now"-segment in that skrillex-tune. It's probably also good for crushing kidney-stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    I still don't know what dupstep is, what it SOUNDS like is someone farting into a microphone and manipulating the sound in Logic.

Why is it so popular?

I just don't get it..Is it just another scene that will (hopefully) bugger off, like nu-metal? or is it actually..music...
    You don't have to get it. It's just random sounds. People listen to it because they can piss off their parents with it. It's just about listening to noisy stuff and believing it "shocks" people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to Radio 2, which as a bonus doesn't play this garbage.

My house mate listens to it... although he calls it drum and bass... same shit imo. But anyway, I make him put his headphones on when he's listening to it.

It gives me a fucking headache, even thinking about it is bringing one on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    You don't have to get it. It's just random sounds. People listen to it because they can piss off their parents with it. It's just about listening to noisy stuff and believing it "shocks" people.
    Or people like the music. I don't get why people get so butt hurt over what other people listen to (or watch on the TV or have as hobbies).
    Not everyone likes the same things. If you listen to music just because it fits in the single genre you happen to like (or dare to listen to due to peer pressure), you're missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Or people like the music. I don't get why people get so butt hurt over what other people listen to (or watch on the TV or have as hobbies).
    Not everyone likes the same things. If you listen to music just because it fits in the single genre you happen to like (or dare to listen to due to peer pressure), you're missing out.
    Who's the butthurt one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it's just another genre, nothing to get really. You either like it or you don't. Once in a while I hear a decent beat, but for the most part I don't dig it.

Deleted
    Who's the butthurt one?
    You be the judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    I still don't know what dupstep is, what it SOUNDS like is someone farting into a microphone and manipulating the sound in Logic.

Why is it so popular?

I just don't get it..Is it just another scene that will (hopefully) bugger off, like nu-metal? or is it actually..music...
    It's the rhythm. It produces biofeedback. Think of it as an aural massage, but more abrasive.

The cycle of music. Find some fun new aspect/gimmick in a genre, completely run it into the ground until people get sick of it, the genre regresses back to the underground where it can innovate and be interesting again, while those who were only in it for the novelty move on to the next victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't even make sense... why would anyone get butt hurt (what does this even mean?) over someones choice in "music". And what are people missing out on?

You be the judge.
    OK, then I say it's you. Oh my!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to get, aliens sent us messages, humanity think it's music.

Oh I totally love getting back at my parents with dubstep, even though i'm 22, have a job and moved out 4 years ago. Mommy and Daddy are gonna hate me for this. What I don't understand is that, while I love techno (and have loved) it all sounds the same to me. Skrillex and UKF sound the same as celldweller, pendulum, crystal method, and daft punk. Everyone thinks it's a generational thing for some reason; it's just a new type of techno, not a counter-culture.
    Last edited by Xicross; 2012-05-02 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    This doesn't even make sense... why would anyone get butt hurt (what does this even mean?) over someones choice in "music". And what are people missing out on?
    Have you been living under a rock? People get so mad over what music other people listen to it's ridiculous.
    Ever heard of Justin Bieber?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Dubstep is, just like every other genre, not bad. No genre is bad, only songs and artists can be bad. What is bad is shit like Skrillex. Not a fan of dubstep myself, but stumbled upon this track randomly and I quite like it. Skrillex on the other hand, is just a brainwashing idiot who gets money for nothing.
    You started off strong there, and then lost me when you decided that your opinion > everyone else's.

Have you been living under a rock? People get so mad over what music other people listen to it's ridiculous.
    Ever heard of Justin Bieber?
    Really trying hard not to do it ...

umadbro?

DAMN, it slipped out!!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-05-02 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Dubstep is, just like every other genre, not bad. No genre is bad, only songs and artists can be bad. What is bad is shit like Skrillex.

Not a fan of dubstep myself, but stumbled upon this track randomly and I quite like it. Skrillex on the other hand, is just a brainwashing idiot who gets money for nothing.
    Skrillex is actually a really, really humble guy who doesn't feel like he deserves the attention he gets. He already had his 15 minutes of fame with From First to Last when he was a kid. Now he's just having fun and playing around.

Too bad he isn't dubstep, though. Listen to Distance's album "My Demons." That's dubstep. Some people like to call Skrillex and similar artists "brostep," but his genre's ever expanding into what's becoming "complextro."

Compare this:

To this:

It's really incomparable. Dubstep takes influences from classic dub and UK garage 2-step. Complextro infuses some trance, house, dubstep influences, and throws in a bunch of samples and frequency modulation and bass drops and makes its own thing out of it.

Whatever you call it, if it isn't your taste, just don't listen to it.

Can't say I'm much of fan of complextro myself. Some songs I dig. Most I don't.

Listen to what you like and let everyone else listen to what they want.

I don't get Mexican polka , but I'm not about to tell someone they shouldn't listen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.