Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Have you been living under a rock? People get so mad over what music other people listen to it's ridiculous.
    Ever heard of Justin Bieber?
    Yeah... but my 9 year old niece likes him... and someone called Harry from one direction? It's what she's into. I couldn't give a fuck either way, I just take an interest because she's my niece and I love her. But when she comes over and starts watching their video's on youtube, she's quickly told to put her headset on.

It doesn't bother me that my mate listens to Drum and Bass/Dupstep whatever, it's his choice, he mocks me for listening to Radio 2 and going on about Ken Bruce and Steve Wright. Just as much as I mock him for listening to Lethal Bizzle and every so often he comes out with... "who's dat, who's dat, man are like who's dat!"

People need to chill the fuck out, and let people live their lives. Dupstep isn't for me, just as much as Radio 2 isn't for them.

Didnt it originate in south london, and then some Americans heard it and went "omg lol cool", stole it and raped it in the ass, which is what we listen to now. Not that I particularely like it in any form but yeah... It sounds different and it sounds aggressive with a heavy beat... not surprising it kicked off, but its definitely a fad that will pass.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-02 at 07:42 PM.

Holy balls, what is that distance crap it sounds awful... I love dubstep and that's just terrible lol.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is great dubstep and there is trash dubstep. Most of it is trash.

It's not meant to be listened to on the radio or at home, it's party music.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    I listen to Radio 2, which as a bonus doesn't play this garbage.

My house mate listens to it... although he calls it drum and bass... same shit imo. But anyway, I make him put his headphones on when he's listening to it.

It gives me a fucking headache, even thinking about it is bringing one on.
    drum and bass
    same shit
    Nice one bro

OT. Dubstep is actually a very wide genre (like any other I suppose) and I get people don't like the hyperactive random industrial noises that are all about DAT DROP, me neither. Though more garage-ish, the more chilled out stuff I'm quite fond of (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m643FG36Fw).
    Last edited by Avalos; 2012-05-02 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottunokka View Post
    Dubstep is for hipsters and I dont get it either. Every electric music is automatically dubstep to me, yeah Im so ignorant bastard and I flame everybody who listens electric music as hipsters because it all sounds same to me.
    “Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings onto others.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

OT: I mean I don't really get noise all that much but if people wanna listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    or is it actually..music...
    How could it NOT be music?
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-05-02 at 07:45 PM.

The only thing that annoys the hell out of me, is that most people consider any electronic song as Dubstep these days.

I'm an '89 kid myself, and I remember when the first few electronic songs came out. I loved 'em to death, and so did half of Europe at the time.
    Meanwhile these days, it seems to be popular to hate on any song that has the least bit of the electronic sound to it.

I generally have an open mind when it comes to music, whether it be rock, jazz, pop, electronic, classical, etc. They all have their own sounds, and their own "taste".
    I won't deny I do like a lot of electronic music(Thank you, Daft Punk!), but you won't hear me complain if Lady Gaga or some other new popular girl who's autotuned like mad comes on the radio, as everyone has different tastes and wants to hear different things.

Is it really that hard to just not listen to something you don't like?

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

I don't get techno, I don't get rap, I don't get dubstep too, I don't get alot, I like Rock'n'Roll and I listen to it, if somebody likes dubsteb, then the hell may he have a great life listening to it. If I don't get it, it doesn't mean it's bad, it means my taste for music as for almost anything in this world is different from the others.

dubstep is just another evolution of music, to one it's bad to others it's great and some like me don't give a F. Cmon most of us here lived through Synthpop (the new and the old... Buggles, anyone?), Italo, Eurodance... etc...
    Last edited by Ascius; 2012-05-02 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    The only thing that annoys the hell out of me, is that most people consider any electronic song as Dubstep these days.

I'm an '89 kid myself, and I remember when the first few electronic songs came out. I loved 'em to death, and so did half of Europe at the time.
    Meanwhile these days, it seems to be popular to hate on any song that has the least bit of the electronic sound to it.

I generally have an open mind when it comes to music, whether it be rock, jazz, pop, electronic, classical, etc. They all have their own sounds, and their own "taste".
    I won't deny I do like a lot of electronic music(Thank you, Daft Punk!), but you won't hear me complain if Lady Gaga or some other new popular girl who's autotuned like mad comes on the radio, as everyone has different tastes and wants to hear different things.

I remember when I thought Pop = Rap because all pop was rap at the time, and then my stupid ass found out that pop just stood for popular music, AKA whatever is popular at any given time... my ignorant mind = blown, gotta love generalizations.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post

thank you! u just took my words out of my mouth
    hei alle sammen <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Nice one bro

lol sorry if I offended, but really I am clueless, it all sounds the same to me.

I like so many different genres, with rap as an exception (Have nothing against it just don't enjoy listening to it...I've tried. I really have), and when it comes to dubstep, I feel like most people don't really give it a chance when they assess it or the only chance they are given is via a dubstep basher who didn't give it a chance themselves.

A lot of it can be pretty bad and repetitive but to say that it isn't "real" music is just plain ridiculous and even prejudice in some cases. There are some truly beautiful/entertaining dubstep songs that I can't be bothered to list here...

With that said, I rarely listen to straight dubstep by itself...I prefer to hear it as a soundtrack item when appropriate (but I do occasionally go on dubstep marathons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote from guildchat

"-I just can't stand dubstep, like what the hell?
    -You just haven't heard any good dubstep, try Skrillex
    -I'm sure there's "good" dubstep, but whipped cream on a turd is still crap."
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Nice to see the guys from Daft punk are staying busy, they even got a ukulele, now that's progress.

Deleted
    define music. Iam not sure dubstep could be classed as music, maybe a better name for it is noice, an annoying sound much like the vacum cleaner.

Deleted
    Ok I was just being silly in my post, but it does remind me of Nu-metal, and skrillex is just limp bizkit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    define music. Iam not sure dubstep could be classed as music, maybe a better name for it is noice, an annoying sound much like the vacum cleaner.
    Funny thing is, noise is a genre of music.

Deleted
    There's nothing to GET. Music is as subjective as it gets, either you like it or not. Discussing taste in any shape or form is probably the most retarded thing one could do.

Deleted
    If distorted synth-bass is farting to you, it's not even worth anybodies time to try and have a remotely rational discussion about music with you.

Dude I don't get it either

I love metal, but I can't get why people listen to instrumental soloists like Malmsteen & Satrianni

I don't get the idea of sitting through an entire record of pure instrumental, that's what I don't get. Since most dubstep seems to be instrumental only thats why I don't get it.

When Skrillex & Korn collaborated on "Get up" and "Narcissistic Cannibal" though? DAMN that was good stuff. I think dubstep artists need to embrace vocals.

I could see myself becoming a dubstep fan if the genre fully embraced having vocals on all songs