Deleted

Fastest way from Orgrimmar to Monk starting zone?

So, how is the fastest way to get from Orgrimmar (Or any Cata area) to the new starting zones of the Monks? Planning on getting my engineer to get there fast so I can set up a mailbox where you spawn as a Monk to get my heirlooms asap

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    ... you can't go there.

And besides you can get to a mailbox at like level 2.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    ... you can't go there.

Not the panderan starting area. There's no mailbox until you get to Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Phobiosa; 2012-05-15 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Misinformation

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    ... you can't go there.

Clearly you haven't played the Pandaren starting zone.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Zero.... what do I win?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobiosa View Post
    Not the monk starting area. There's no mailbox until you get to Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
    Yes there is. Unless they've removed it.

Wu-Song Village...

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Clearly you haven't played the Pandaren starting zone.
    Got a level 40 pandaren monk so I'm pretty certain I have.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-05-15 at 05:52 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

1) I don't think non-starting Pandaren can reach the zone

2) IIRC you won't be able to get/send mail until you have chosen a side (for obvious reasons)

the pandaren starting zone originally had a mailbox (i would know, i levelled my first monk from level 1, heirlooms the entire way). they took it out, presumably, to ensure that people tested the starting zone according to what fresh players would experience, and not have data inflated by heirloom'd out toons. there is a very good chance that the mailbox will return in live.

as for actually getting there from azeroth? that's impossible, as it's a one-way trip off the island, just like the goblin starting zone.

edit: and to anyone saying "they won't do it cuz it will enable cross-faction mailing problems, this is also incorrect. It functioned previously as if you were a member of the opposing faction: i.e. only accout-bound items were actually allowed to be sent.
    Last edited by seije; 2012-05-15 at 06:01 AM.

1. You mean the Pandaren starting area, not the Monk starting area. Monks, as a non-Hero class, do not have a starting area of their own.

2. Like the Worgen and Goblin starting areas, the Pandaren starting area is wholly sequestered from the rest of Azeroth. The only way in is to create a Pandaren, and the only way out is when you pick a faction at the end of the questline. Non-Pandaren can't enter it at all under any circumstances, and Pandaren can never return once they leave.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

heirlooms are gonna have an heirloom tab come MoP - or at least, that was supposedly the plan

so you wont need to mail them to your panda at all.
    <insert witty signature here>

Yes there is. Unless they've removed it.

Wu-Song Village...

Got a level 40 pandaren monk so I'm pretty certain I have.
    They did remove the mailboxes. Though I suspect it is just for beta. Because they wanted the quest rewards to be tested out, and people were heirlooming up their beta pandaren and not even testing the mob difficulties. So I believe it is merely a temporary removal.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    the pandaren starting zone originally had a mailbox (i would know, i levelled my first monk from level 1, heirlooms the entire way). they took it out, presumably, to ensure that people tested the starting zone according to what fresh players would experience, and not have data inflated by heirloom'd out toons. there is a very good chance that the mailbox will return in live.

as for actually getting there from azeroth? that's impossible, as it's a one-way trip off the island, just like the goblin starting zone.

edit: and to anyone saying "they won't do it cuz it will enable cross-faction mailing problems, this is also incorrect. It functioned previously as if you were a member of the opposing faction: i.e. only accout-bound items were actually allowed to be sent.
    Yep, that was confirmed by me as well. Couldn't mail some bag and gold to my test pandaren. And I don't got heirlooms so didn't mail any to her. So yeah there were safeguards already in place. When I tried it said "That character is not a part of your faction" error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, The Wandering Isle is like Kezan/Gilneas. Gotta start there to get there, and no way back once you leave.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, there is no Monk starting zone. Monks start with the rest of their race.

Pandaren, meanwhile, cannot receive non-heirloom items until they choose a faction. But they do have a mailbox already at level 2-3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

In the event that the OP actually did mean Monk, and not Pandaren, then there's nothing for him to worry about. His new monk will start in whatever the normal start zone for his chosen race will be, mailboxes and all.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."