New Recoil *re-worked*

Recoil reworked - Your successful normal attacks restore up to 3 energy per second, based on weapon speed. While dual wielding, this energy is halved.

from the front page

So does this mean we as brewmasters can either dual wield tank or use a Staff?

Brewmasters anyway could wear a staff or dual wield, but in case of tank priority they should to choose weapon with a large value tankish stats like: stamina, agility, mastery (as a second stat), imo.

I address this in the guide. Considering that it says "successful attacks", that means we're going to need hit for this to be efficient, which means that staves and polearms are going to be more useful, since it takes less hit to get to hit cap for those weapons compared to dual wielding. Even if we're not at hit cap, we're still going to get a larger percentage of hits compared to dual wielding.

At least, that's the theory anyway.

No doubt the off-hand doesn't do any damage either, like with a Blood DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Basically. I think you need... 21 or 27% hit to get to white hit cap for your offhand weapon. It's something pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Basically. I think you need... 21 or 27% hit to get to white hit cap for your offhand weapon. It's something pretty high.
    Too much. I really wish they would just not allow Blood DKs and Brewmasters (assuming they don't fix it to make it work) to dual wield, because no doubt we're going to get a lot of people who do just because they can, and make everyone else make up for their slack. :< But that's not really on topic so...

Too much. I really wish they would just not allow Blood DKs and Brewmasters (assuming they don't fix it to make it work) to dual wield, because no doubt we're going to get a lot of people who do just because they can, and make everyone else make up for their slack. :< But that's not really on topic so...
    It could possibly be more viable at later gear levels, but I don't think anyone who is going to take stats seriously is going to do it. It'll be fine for shits and giggles old content runs, I dare say though. How viable dual wielding will be will ultimately depend on what has more mastery, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, it's not that simple. The DK, just like the warrior (and others), have attacks that are based on weapon damage (they specifically say "deals X% of your weapon damage") so unless they have a skill that apply the damage to the OH (Threat of Thassarian for the DK), they only hit with the MH as you said.

The Monk, however, is supposed to hit with fists and feet. So they "hide" the fact that weapons' DPS actually modifie the power of the attack. However that's still the case and abilities hit for the same amount regardless of your weapon and the fact that you're either dual-wielding, either "2H-ing" (for the same ilvl, of course ^^). That's why, I assume, abilities seem way more complicated, and require (drivers) where those of other class don't, on the database.

However, as mentionned above, the fact that DW autoattack miss much more may favor the 2H (which was already ahead due to better stats). Unless they take that in account, don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh it seems to me like they're trying to tool monk so that it doesn't actually MATTER what weapon you're using.

Note that all moves hit with both main and offhand, plus due to Way of the Monk (40% damage when DW, 40% AtS when 2h) damage between DW and 2h will be pretty even, add in that white attacks are basically only there for damage, and it wont really matter for a tank, as 90% of our threat will come from yellow attacks anyway (which are 8% hit, regardless of weapon).

I'll probably still rock the staff, just because it looks badass, but if I found a nice fist weapon set... I'd totally take it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Base stats should be better with a 2handed weapon, but assuming they keep up the trend of not specializing 2hand/1hand weapon enchants... getting 2 enchants like Colossus or Flowing River. Yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    As these enchants are PPM, weapon doesn't matter actually. The real "problem" for now, in my opinion, is that as you said : 2H stats > 2 x (1H stats). :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    As these enchants are PPM, weapon doesn't matter actually. The real "problem" for now, in my opinion, is that as you said : 2H stats > 2 x (1H stats). :-/
    As I've stated in another thread, DW'ing as a Brewmaster can allow you to use *both* tank enchants, instead of just one (the dodge *and* the absorb enchants). Unless, of course, something is done to discourage/disallow this.

PPM or not, do you want 1 tank proc, or 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    as cool as that would be Spazzeh, they'll probably do something lame like have them share a CD, so you can only get one proc per ICD

as for the stat thing... maybe they'll fix it in MoP
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    As I've stated in another thread, DW'ing as a Brewmaster can allow you to use *both* tank enchants, instead of just one (the dodge *and* the absorb enchants). Unless, of course, something is done to discourage/disallow this.

Also currently enchants like landslide will give you a separate buff per hand, with the effects stacking.

I suspect the absorb enchant won't stack, but absorb/dodge or 2xdodge should proc per hand and stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post

I'm not 100% sure but I think you're wrong with "PPM or not". The thing is, with PPM, you'll have Uptime(proc on a 2H) = 2 x Uptime(proc on 1H) basically. This would be slightly untrue if on the 1H you'd use the same enchant but here, that's not the case. And as there will certainly be an proc more suited to us, you'll end up loosing survivability using having both.
    I see the appeal, but I'm pretty sure it's a misconception.

So my point is : 2H have better stats and not less enchant uptime, with one that is more optimal for us (whichever it is between Colossus or Flowing River).

Edit : By the way, aren't we also overlooking the Windsong enchant http://www.wowdb.com/items/74723 ? If it proc on the higher stat it's worth comparing it to the other. Of course, if it's a random one it's useless. (And if they want it to be DPS exclusive, they might make it random.)
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2012-05-04 at 06:20 AM.

If it stays like this, dual-wielding will result in a 27% increase in dual-wielding energy. This assumes that you use two 2.6 speed weapons (which is probably all that will be available) and have the special hit cap (8%), but not the dual-wield hit cap (27%).

I would imagine this increase in energy is an attempt to keep damage similar, but it will probably also make us more survivable. I don't see why anyone would want to use anything except dual wield as tanking. If threat is a problem, you could always start with a 2h and then swap to the two 1h with more survivability.