Poll: Are you more of an extrovert or introvert?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    I get different results depending on the type of situation I put myself into... Only the first letter (introversion) doesn't change. Maybe I'm just different.
    Weird. I get ISTP every time I do it.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I don't even know.

I'm social, I really need to talk with someone and be with someone all the time but I don't like "new people". They make me uncomfortable because I want to give a good impression but doing so, have to act unnaturally, pay attention to things I normally wouldn't etc. and it's stressful and straining.

So I guess I'm extroverted with good friends and people I know very well but avoid new contacts and people I don't really know like plague:P It's strange when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    I get different results depending on the type of situation I put myself into... Only the first letter (introversion) doesn't change. Maybe I'm just different.
    I took the official myers-briggs 5x's at least (school) and every time it's something different, no consistent letter...I think people just change too much for it to be helpful for everyone. I wonder if one set of letters are what people like you and me really are, but one trait of them is not taking personality tests consistently lol. However for the color code test I'm always green, so...?

I think the majority of people who play games (which is where the majority of this forums user base come from) will identify as introverts. Not to say all people who play games are introverts, or that extroverts can't enjoy games. But being an introvert lends itself to hobbies like gaming. You can have high levels of entertainment, and even have social interactions that don't submit you to the stresses an introvert usually feels in social situations. Playing video games is like the ultimate form of entertainment for an introverted personality. Almost perfect in every way. So it's no surprise that the results shown in the poll are as they are.

Society is introverted, in general. Most people prefer smaller social settings and enjoy their alone time.

I'm extroverted.

I took this a while back but I doubt it's changed.

Im very introverted

and i will guess the majority of people who post on this forum will be too

<- INTJ
    And I don't like it. Extroverts generally have an easier time in most social situations because they're more likeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've always been a very approachable and trustworthy person. I always greet people with a smile and a handshake, or if i know you well enough, a good firm hug. Definitely an extrovert.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 07:45 PM ----------

heh, if this poll stays at the ratio it is, it might explain why WoW needed LFR and LFD so badly = D

i would have thought that an MMO would be more for the extroverted people, those who do not have social detachments. but then again it is internet based. You can be a semi-social introvert and play an MMO i guess, so long as you have the internet between two people, it's different than being face to face.

*cries at the thought that Wall-E is too insightful for it's own good.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    ...I would have thought that an MMO would be more for the extroverted people...
    Heh, you couldn't be more wrong.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Heh, you couldn't be more wrong.
    you right, and i wish you weren't, Damn you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    you right, and i wish you weren't, Damn you!
    Slightly off topic. But I made the mistake of allowing my bro to talk me into go to the midnight release for WotLK... I wish I hadn't. It all but confirmed some of the terrible sterotypes you hear about MMO players.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Slightly off topic. But I made the mistake of allowing my bro to talk me into go to the midnight release for WotLK... I wish I hadn't. It all but confirmed some of the terrible sterotypes you hear about MMO players.
    i did that too. was kinda funny, i ran into a few people i know. but for the most part it was more basement dwellers than typical people.

Actually with the quick'n'dirty tests I've done in the past (Meyer Briggs etc), I've routinely come out as XNTP (i.e. precisely halfway between introvert/extrovert).

I'll swing slightly back & forth depending on mood at the time, probably a mild tendency towards introversion more frequently though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extrovert,

I gain lots of energy from other people, and i'm the life of the party. Women want to have sex with me by instinct.