How is this computer in terms of value?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...4c6ae33497en02

A friend suggested it after building something similar on ncix and not being much off price wise. Thoughts?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to pick out my computer parts myself. But it seems like an ok price considering its future shop.

Still looking for input on this!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is overpriced. We cannot see which brand HDD, Ram, or PSU they are using.

15+ Year Old Account
    $200 premium on that computer

frankly, the brand of hdd ram or psu won't really matter. psu maybe, but the chances of it failing are fairly slim. might be loud, might not be efficient, but failure? unlikely. same for ram and hdd
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    $200 premium on that computer

frankly, the brand of hdd ram or psu won't really matter. psu maybe, but the chances of it failing are fairly slim. might be loud, might not be efficient, but failure? unlikely. same for ram and hdd
    I agree for the most part with the PSU comment, but I think HDD really does make a difference. I bought a PC from Cyberpowerpc a while back and they included a garbage Hitachi 7200 drive which was obviously a lot slower than a WD Black or F3. I just find I would rather purchase solid known parts then throwing a coin up in the air hoping for something that is good.

Deleted
    That GPU feels kinda weak for that price. I doubt it'd be hard to build something better for the same amount of money, especially if u can get stuff from the US. Dunno prices in Canada.