Ret Pally Beta - When to drop t13 bonus

The 4 pc bonus on beta is 20% extra damage to TV. In 4pc 397 gear is it worth upgrading to 413 quest gear or is the bonus good enough to keep using. Also with Gurthalak, what ilvl weapon do you think is going to result in a dps increase over the proc?

Attempting to min/max on leveling gear is misguided and irrelevant, because the rate at which you're going to be changing gear anyway is rapid. There is essentially nothing to be gained by theorycrafting minute dps differences between setups for performing in levelup dungeons and questing.

All of your current Cata endgame gear will be massively substandard once you get to the 90 endgame anyway (short of an unlikely trinket scaling anomaly like we've occasionally seen in previous xpacs), so there's no real judgments to be made.

i have a feeling gurthalak will be sold very soon. but thats because proc based weapons are not great when questing/leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're rocking 410's, you shouldn't have to worry about dropping anything until you start seeing gear around the ilvls of ~425. Even then, you should keep the bonus as long as you can for ease of leveling.

The sheer amount of stats and gem slots on the epic gear will be better than anything for a long time during leveling.

If you have 397's, it's a bit of a different story. But when you start reaching amounts of Strength that are far better than what you currently have equipped, go ahead and switch it on out if you feel like you should.

Also, I've been questing with 410 Ataraxis, because the Haste on the mace is better than the proc from 416 Gurth or the Mastery from 410 Slicer. (Currently reforged for Haste>Mastery>Crit)

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i have a feeling gurthalak will be sold very soon. but thats because proc based weapons are not great when questing/leveling.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Those tentacles are liable to be pretty meh when you're 3-5 shotting mobs.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Those tentacles are liable to be pretty meh when you're 3-5 shotting mobs.
    The proc rate seems a lot higher on beta than on live so i'm still rocking it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have got to lvl88 and have done the majority of quests.Still havent found any quest reward that is better than 410 tier gear and of course not being worthy enough to lose the bonusses.

How they released the tier bonuses for MoP yet? Curious to see what they have to offer.