10+ Year Old Account

Had a strange problem today at start up

So basically i turned on my Pc like always, Logged in and i noticed Windows 7 had stopped responding while it was just loading start up applications.

I've had Windows stop responding a couple other times after a while it just pops up with a window saying blah blah windows has stopped responding "End Process" or Cancel. Normally end process just trys to re-open windows and it works.

But this morning it frozen, Nothing happened when i clicked End Process and my task bar and desktop icons were all invisible. I couldn't do anything, So i just restarted. This happened 3 times. I let windows fully start up before i even tried to do anything but it would already have locked up.

So i just turned the computer off and unplugged it at the wall and unplugged all wires. Left it for 10 minutes and then tried again and everything worked fine. I have an application called "Rocket Dock" basically a little bar that sits on your desktop and neatly holds all your desktop items, I have this to start up when windows starts and i remember a couple of months back it had problems starting up. So i quickly went to control panel and uninstalled this program just to be safe.

Anyone have any ideas what could of been causing this?

Oh FFS!
    I just tried to open Dxdiag to get my computer specs and its done it again..! Browser has not crashed yet so i'll just post this

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 01:21 PM ----------

It locked up for 2 minutes there and now its working again ><

The machine is less than a year old.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Intel(r) core i7-2600k cup @ 3.40GHz
    4096MB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 series
    ATI Display adapter

Try it in safe mode with networking or just disable all non-windows programs at startup so you can get closer to determining if it a software issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've taken the issue to a windows7 forum instead. Hopefully get some feedback.

sounds like a hd is goin bad to me
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    So basically i turned on my Pc like always, Logged in and i noticed Windows 7 had stopped responding while it was just loading start up applications.

I've had Windows stop responding a couple other times after a while it just pops up with a window saying blah blah windows has stopped responding "End Process" or Cancel. Normally end process just trys to re-open windows and it works.

But this morning it frozen, Nothing happened when i clicked End Process and my task bar and desktop icons were all invisible. I couldn't do anything, So i just restarted. This happened 3 times. I let windows fully start up before i even tried to do anything but it would already have locked up.

So i just turned the computer off and unplugged it at the wall and unplugged all wires. Left it for 10 minutes and then tried again and everything worked fine. I have an application called "Rocket Dock" basically a little bar that sits on your desktop and neatly holds all your desktop items, I have this to start up when windows starts and i remember a couple of months back it had problems starting up. So i quickly went to control panel and uninstalled this program just to be safe.

Anyone have any ideas what could of been causing this?

Oh FFS!
    I just tried to open Dxdiag to get my computer specs and its done it again..! Browser has not crashed yet so i'll just post this

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 01:21 PM ----------

It locked up for 2 minutes there and now its working again ><

The machine is less than a year old.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Intel(r) core i7-2600k cup @ 3.40GHz
    4096MB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 series
    ATI Display adapter
    A few things.

Start > search box > msconfig.

Disable all startup items, then go to services, hide all Microsoft services, disable all and reboot.

Issue still happening? Try and get HWMonitor down and see if you're getting any dodgy temps or health alerts. Let us know how you get on.