10+ Year Old Account

My friends playing Barbarian what should i play?

So my and my friend are planning to co-op level together *Were both first time Diablo players* he normally plays a warrior type class in most MMO's and i play healers but since there is no healing classes im kinda stuck.

I'd prefer to play as a range class just for when we get to the harder content 2 meele classes may not work to well due to the AoE damage coming from all the mobs. I was thinking either Which Doctor or Wizard. What do you guys think will be a good combo for us?

Also, we will most likely be playing PvP once were level capped.

Im going Monk with my barb friend. who I can dps/heal...ect

Closest thing to a healer is going to be the monk class. Has a heal as well as buffs and control abilities. Personally me and a friend of mine are planning on going monk/barbarian with me speced tankish barb to debuff/stun mobs, take the hits, and self heal, while he'll be specced on his monk for debuffs, group heals, and buffs. May be slow going but I feel a comp such as this will have the best chances of surviving Inferno mode early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly won't matter all that much, just pick whatever you actually like to play. Picking a second melee character will indeed have the two of you take a bit more damage, but melee characters have the tools to deal with that.
    Something you could keep in mind is making sure that the two classes have different armor/weapon preferences you can share any useful loot that drops for either if you, which will make it easier to equip the both of you.

I would say that the both of you should roll Barbarians. With D3 after a few hours the two of you will differ and start to play differently yet both of you know what the other is doing. Makes for a fun, humorous, and competitive environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    So my and my friend are planning to co-op level together *Were both first time Diablo players* he normally plays a warrior type class in most MMO's and i play healers but since there is no healing classes im kinda stuck.

I'd prefer to play as a range class just for when we get to the harder content 2 meele classes may not work to well due to the AoE damage coming from all the mobs. I was thinking either Which Doctor or Wizard. What do you guys think will be a good combo for us?

Also, we will most likely be playing PvP once were level capped.
    Play whatever class you want. This isn't WoW. You can take 4 Barbarians into Inferno and succeed. What is more important in Diablo is that the people that are in your game know what they are doing.

Deleted
    You can go with any setup, it doesn't matter if you play Witch Doctor, Wizard or Demon Hunter just go with what you find to be the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i will go Wizard just because we will be doing PvP also, and its good to mix pvp up with a meele and range.