Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    it would be awsome if the druid from d2 return with some improves i love that werewolf and werebear concept ^^

Dammit, I was hoping for a Day Warlock.
    Like a night warlock, but with a great tan.
    also, You use that word reciprocate, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urobolos View Post
    also, You use that word reciprocate, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    You win this thread

was thinking the same thing

You mean a day Worllack?

Deleted
    So...does nobody else think a new class would HAVE TO use strength because there's currently only the barbarian who uses strength efficiently? 2 Dext. classes, 2 Int classes...1 strength class. :x sounds logical, right...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do want a Night Warlock, the backstory is amazing!
    That or a Daytime Warrior!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I would personally bet on them re-releasing the necro and one brand new class, likely another melee of some sort.
    There is no poit to re-releas necromancer, becouse the Witch Docror is like a necromancer with hes zombie dogs. I don`t want old classes back in Diablo 3. If u wanna play the old classes, then u simply can play Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.

imho what misses D3 class-wise:
    - a shapeshifter class
    - a sword/shield class
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Ha-ha, nice trolling at me. But it was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine the first new class isn't going to be new at all, but one of the classic classes renewed. The second new class might be something original, but even then, it's likely to be a melee as we're not lacking in ranged.

My prediction would be some sort of shifter if the druid isn't the first xpac release.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    imho what misses D3 class-wise:
    - a shapeshifter class
    - a sword/shield class
    Actually, Barbarian can do the sword and board quite nicely. Making a tank-barb is gonna be a cool concept in live.

As to the person making mention of anyone using anything: Wrong!

I know for a fact, Demon Hunters cannot use the 2H Swords, Axes, or Maces I found during Beta. Wizards can use the 2H Swords, but not the Axes or Maces either.

There is many weapons that are type-restrictive, and not just the class-specific ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    As to the person making mention of anyone using anything: Wrong!

I know for a fact, Demon Hunters cannot use the 2H Swords, Axes, or Maces I found during Beta. Wizards can use the 2H Swords, but not the Axes or Maces either.

There is many weapons that are type-restrictive, and not just the class-specific ones.
    That was me, and I was talking about armor rather than weapons, although I did say items in general. I know certain classes can't use certain items, but my point was that the items that I've seen have never stated specifically something like "barbarian only", or the like, and I meant that the game doesn't have (as far as I know) a restriction such as "wizards can't use plate". In fact, as far as I know, there are no "leather", "mail" or "plate" items in the game. Just chest and leg armor.

Here's what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLord View Post
    Plate user

While there most likely are items designed for the use of certain classes, just like there were in D2 (items which give +X class skills and such), there are no "plate users" or "leather users" in Diablo.
    That was my main point. Whatever else I said you can nitpick on but it's irrelevant. The above is what I meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    To put an end to the item debate:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/mighty-weapon-2h/ (Barbarian Only)
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/daibo/ (Monk Only)
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/ceremonial-knife/ (Witch Doctor Only)
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/fist-weapon/ (Monk Only)
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/hand-crossbow/ (Demon Hunter Only)
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/wand/ (Wizard Only)

That's just weapons. Then there's belts that are Barbarian Only, Torso Armour (cloaks) Demon Hunter only, Head pieces that are Wizard Only, Witch Doctor Only, and Monk Only, etc.

Just like in Diablo 2 there's no real difference between cloth and plate. Anyone can use anything, it just looks different on different classes (in D2 you needed STR to wear the heavier armours, in D3 you don't - they just have a higher level requirement).
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-05-03 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Templar/Druid. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    There is no poit to re-releas necromancer, becouse the Witch Docror is like a necromancer with hes zombie dogs. I don`t want old classes back in Diablo 3. If u wanna play the old classes, then u simply can play Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.
    You might be right, except that there was an interview where Blizzard very explicitly stated that an expansion is where they would look towards possibly bringing back old favorite classes... and if Necromancer wasn't an old favorite, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    While there most likely are items designed for the use of certain classes, just like there were in D2 (items which give +X class skills and such), there are no "plate users" or "leather users" in Diablo.

It used to be in D2 that if you had enough strength, you could use the item. Since we apparently have no str requirements in D3 now, I guess anyone can use any armor they want.
    Your Strength attribute increases the armour value of what you are wearing, so as Barbarians need strength for damage they should have plate-equivalent damage reduction from armour.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2012-05-03 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I seriously doubt we will see the Paladin return, simply because the Monk has a very similar role.
    I very much enjoyed the Monk class and will be rolling that come GA. I always pick the Paladin class as my first character in Role-Playing games.

Deleted
    Shapeshifting Druid with close combat, summon and heal skills.

Going to bet on this!

for some reason this made me think of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzaVd6zl2bA

Deleted
    Gief druid pls!