Take a swing at 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4

Here's what I see:

5.1- Zandalari raid, Tier 15
    5.2- N'zoth, Tier 16
    5.3- Siege of Orgrimmar, Tier 17
    5.4- Intro patch to South Seas expansion
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    5.1- Zandalari raid, Tier 15 - agreeing with OP, Zandalari should definitely have some focus.
    5.2- Horrors of War, Tier 16 - war engulfs the entire Pandaria continent, raids are PVP-flavored but not styled (no repeat of ToC)
    5.3- Siege of Orgrimmar, Tier 17 - Garrosh has gone off the deep end. 5-mans center around Legion influence / Forge Camps appearing on Azeroth!
    5.4- Intro patch Legion-themed expansion. Introduces Mephistroth to players as current leader of the Nathrezim.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

5.1 - Something to do with Quiraji or Aquir, in the form of ancient ancestors to the Mantids. I believe this is the tier we will face whatever is causing them to attack earlier then they are supposed to.

5.2 - Zandalari Raid Tier

5.3 - Seige of Orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

.1 Trolls
    .2 Not sure
    .3 Siege
    .4 Peaceful event / neutral event between the Horde and Alliance to reforge ties, ready for next expansion where they unite (again), maybe with a singular filler raid
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    5.1 Didn't they say it has something to do with the Jade Serpent statue being destroyed? I'm thinking a sha serpent type deal.
    5.2 Wrath of the Zandalari
    5.3 Siege of Orgrimmar
    5.4 Return of Queen Azshara

Just my guess! :3

5.1 Human, Orc, Dwarf and Troll models.
    5.2 Night elf, Undead, Gnome and Tauren models.
    5.3 Blood elf and Draenei models.
    5.4 We go back to the old models because of the silly whining.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.0 - Duh (see Blizzcon)
    5.1 - New troll heroics and dailies
    5.2 - Zandalari Story Ends
    5.3 - War Escalates. Azshara's Crater reskinned/renamed and implemented in Pandaria (as a BG)
    5.4 - Sylvanas and Jaina are killed
    5.5 - Intro to SoO
    5.6 - SoO

6.0 - Intro to the next expansion (either Azshara, N'Zoth, or Kil'Jaedan)

I bolded raid patches, patches would be about 2 months apart instead of the current 4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wouldn't the intropatch be 6.0?

5.1 More Trolls together with some features that won't make it for 5.0

5.2 Not sure, haven't really been following the story.

5.3 Siege of Orgrimmar obviously

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I bolded raid patches, patches would be about 2 months apart instead of the current 4.
    Good point, wonder how long Blizz will stick to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Wouldn't the intropatch be 6.0?

5.1 More Trolls together with some features that won't make it for 5.0

5.2 Not sure, haven't really been following the story.

5.3 Siege of Orgrimmar obviously

Good point, wonder how long Blizz will stick to that.
    Seeing as they told us ahead of time instead of springing it on us like in Cata? I'd say it'll work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    5.0 - Duh (see Blizzcon)
    5.1 - New troll heroics and dailies
    5.2 - Zandalari Story Ends
    5.3 - War Escalates. Azshara's Crater reskinned/renamed and implemented in Pandaria (as a BG)
    5.4 - Sylvanas and Jaina are killed
    5.5 - Intro to SoO
    5.6 - SoO

6.0 - Intro to the next expansion (either Azshara, N'Zoth, or Kil'Jaedan)

Jaina won't die, she's helping us kill Garosh.

Deleted
    I wish it was anything other than trolls I was not a fan of the troll dungeons at all, I hope they're still fun 6 months later : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Jaina won't die, she's helping us kill Garosh.
    She's gone nuts. This means she's going to die.

WoW logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    My (probably wrong ) predictions:

5.1 - Whatever was left out of MoP release, plus class and talent changes.

5.2 - One troll heroic and one troll raid, plus class and talent changes.

5.3 - Mantid Raid, plus class and talent changes.

5.4 - Sha-themed heroics, Siege of Orgrimmar, a few class and talent changes.

6.0 - Intro to next expansion, complete talent-system revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.1 a cpl new dungeons maybe some dailies
    5.2 some kind of small 6 to 8 boss raid
    5.3 2 or 3 more dungeons and the org raid

N'zoth has no reason to appear in MoP, this expansion isn't the one he'll appear in, much more likely for any kind of underwater/emerald dream than this. Would be a complete waste if they introduced him in this expansion, just because some guys talked about him in DS.

5.1 - Zandalari
    5.2 - Mogu - Old God, think Ulduar. Would be the Old God that the old Pandaren Emperor sealed that deal with (assuming it was an Old God he was sealing the deal with ofc). Would also feature the ultimate Sha (New Algalon). Not N'zoth, I repeat, not N'zoth.
    5.3 - Siege of Orgrimmar
    5.4 - I hope for some unexpected expansion like MoP, would be quite boring if they just pulled something generic off.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-05-03 at 05:29 PM.

I think we need to remember that thepost 5.0 storyline will focus on the Horde/Alliance conflict. I'll allow for the possibility that the Zandalari storyline will continue in one form or another, but I'd definitely rule out N'Zoth or Azshara.

Here's what I would speculate:

5.1: The Pandaria Invasion.
    New daily hubs appear in Krasarang Wilds (ie, the Strongholds Blizzard mentioned at the Press Tour) and Kun Lai Summit. Multiple Horde vs. Alliance scenarios added throughout Pandaria. Possibly a new dungeon or two as well.

5.2: Total War
    Horde vs. Alliance conflict reaches it's peak. Horde vs. Alliance Scenarios set in both Pandaria and elsewhere added. Horde vs. Alliance raid added on Pandaria. While the Horde does win several victories, the Alliance ultimately takes the upper hand and Garrosh becomes much more desperate.

5.3: A Time for Heroes
    Entire patch is based on the Trials of the High King and it's Horde equivalent, Rebirth of the Horde. Trials of the High King focuses on Varian going to each Alliance race and performing various tasks and feats to convince them to back his planned invasion of Orgrimmar. Rebirth of the Horde deals with Vol'jin traveling to the other Horde leaders, including Thrall, and convincing each one to back his rebellion (Garrosh does not learn of the player's true loyalties, allowing the player to freely move between rebel and loyalist territory in the open world). In both cases the questlines will take place primarily in scenarios which can be repeated as many times as you wish once you progress enough in the questline to unlock them.

5.4: Heart of War
    Siege of Orgrimmar raid as well as several lead-up dungeons.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there's a Zandalari raid tier somewhere in there I'm happy.

Deleted
    5.1 - Anything But Trolls (intro the the panderian lore)
    5.2 - Anything But Trolls (lore around titans would be good)
    5.3 - 6-8 months of you guessed it, anything but trolls.
    5.4 - Intro into next expansion

I seriously think that when the writers suffer from writers block for ideas they go down the whole "troll instance, Troll lore" Which is nice for the troll players, but there are a load of other races that need some major loving in regards to instances. for example Gnomes, Dwarves, Orcs, Tauren are all proud races with a lot of lore behind them, yet nothing to very little has been explained for them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    5.1 - Anything But Trolls (intro the the panderian lore)
    5.2 - Anything But Trolls (lore around titans would be good)
    5.3 - 6-8 months of you guessed it, anything but trolls.
    5.4 - Intro into next expansion

I seriously think that when the writers suffer from writers block for ideas they go down the whole "troll instance, Troll lore" Which is nice for the troll players, but there are a load of other races that need some major loving in regards to instances. for example Gnomes, Dwarves, Orcs, Tauren are all proud races with a lot of lore behind them, yet nothing to very little has been explained for them.
    I would disagree that Dwarves and Orcs have had very little lore explained in-game for them.
    cough blood elves cough
    There are definitely other races that could use some love before dwarves/orcs (lots of dwarf lore and such in WOTLK) like blood elves, draenei, gnomes, etc

My idea:
    5.0 (we know)
    5.1 Zandalari(they are getting in the way of conquest of new island)/Horde vs Alliance escalating
    5.2 Horde vs Alliance raid/build-up for SoO (see war crimes and such of Garrosh, Varian working towards High King, rebellion growing in Horde)
    5.3 SoO with some dungeons/scenarios too, maybe fighting loyalists to Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    My idea:
    5.0 (we know)
    5.1 Zandalari(they are getting in the way of conquest of new island)/Horde vs Alliance escalating
    5.2 Horde vs Alliance raid/build-up for SoO (see war crimes and such of Garrosh, Varian working towards High King, rebellion growing in Horde)
    5.3 SoO with some dungeons/scenarios too, maybe fighting loyalists to Garrosh
    This, pretty much. Though I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed that the buildup to SoO will include some Grimtotem-themed content. We're long overdue for a tauren dungeon/raid, dangit!
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.