Thread: Razer Naga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the way I hold my mouse I only use 7-12 on Naga as keybinds, still +8 keybinds on my mouse that I actually use > 2-3 on most mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Well after using it for raid tonight i think ive screwed up or got a broke mouse. Im using the numpad setting and will give you a example, i have Word of Glory bound to Num1 and Cleanse on Shiftnum1. When i click num1, it does Word of Glory, then i click shift Num1 and it cleanses, however after that it will only cleanse. So even spamming Num1 without shift/ctrl/alt held down, it still spams cleanse. Does it with most other skills too and i cant figure out why :/
    I'm not sure why it's getting stuck on Cleanse, but you can't use Shift and the numpad. Shift-Num1 doesn't exist; it's an alternate hardcoded switch for End. If you try and use it, you'd need to keybind "End" to whatever you wanted Shift-Num1 to actually do. And IIRC, Shift-Num5 just doesn't exist at all.

This is hard-coded into the Windows OS. It's possible to change it, but involves registry hacking, which I wouldn't recommend unless you REALLY know what you're doing; you can easily brick the OS by changing the wrong keys, forcing a complete reinstall.

And that's why I use the 1-12 keys. I could use the Naga software to bind them to something else, but I haven't felt a need to free up 1-6 on my keyboard for more keybinds.

I use 1-12 on my naga for pretty much all my main moves, then use ctrl+1-12 for extra keybinds such as cooldowns and interrupts, Ctrl is for some reason more comfortable for me than using shift. I've thought about switching the button on the bottom of the Naga to "Num" and then giving myself even more buttons but...meh, not really needed for me personally. So yea, I never touch my 1-0 on my keyboard anymore, use keyboard for movement, and then have Q,E,F,G,C,X,Z, etc etc... bound to moves as well(aoes, buffs n targets). Once I got used to the feel of the naga and being able to move around/strafe comfortably while pressing the buttons on the naga at the same time....became best mouse ever for me. I should say I'm mostly a PvP player so my need to be on constant strafe/movement might be different compared to a pve centered player. Strafing around and moving while also reaching for my keyboard numbers works.....but is no where near as efficient as just using the naga and avoiding the keyboard numbers.

Have fun with the mouse! And as other have mentioned, its about personal preference, I don't think I've ran into 2 players who keybind exactly the same as each other. Everyone seems to do things differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use mine for 1 - 12 and have shift modifiers for them as well. But then again I have way too many macros and that sort of thing.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Deleted
    I didn't like the addon that came along with it, I simply use bartender/ElvUI and bind stuff to the numpad, which I then access through the naga buttons. Recommended!

As most of my classes with the Naga I don't use it as a main abilities button apart from on my Warrior, and Rogue. Every other class is just like cooldowns and some other abilites that aren't used as frequently and I got a naga to have more keybinds as like you I was running out. What I do is have basically everything around my left hand keybound. Then with my Naga, I have it set to my number pad, so I still have all my normal binds and the extra 12 from the number pad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, the numpad and UI keybinds works best, however many buttons you may use on it. I can't use more than 6 without affecting my movement.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I have everything setup through the naga. 36 keybinds, 1-12, shift+1-12, alt+1-12

It was definitely a chore getting used to using the naga instead of keyboard, but now it just flows. Its second nature on my pally and rogue now for all specs. In pvp it really helped me with mobility, ESPECIALLY as an hpal.