Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    man look cheating is cheating

and stealing is stealing

we ALL know in the gamer world of online mmos there is a set price for gamecards and if you are "gullible" to get a gamecard for LESS than its intended retail price and you get busted you get what you deserve.

take this game for instance. the gamecard is $30 retail for 2 months, if you see it online or anywhere for $20 or so then you KNOW it is either stolen or fraudulent and should not even consider using it.

you get busted you get busted and should be banned. perma ban maybe not but a ban of the time of the stolen card or longer

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    punishing the customer its the most idiotic thing.

Alot of ppl dont understand how gamecard, and online stuff general works. For example, via Bioware it costs 12euros, via a "shaddy site" can cost 8 euros, some ppl assume they are just cheaper or a promotion of some kind. its like buying for example a TV, in a Sony store it can cost 1500euros, on retailer with a promotion can cost 1200euros the exact same TV and this example is perfectly legal, and happens alot with other products that are cheaper on big retailers vs buying from official stores.

Some ppl may just make a correlation with that.
    all BW promos so far have been advertised on their main site and somebody ALWAYS posts such promos here. if its too good to be true it usually is. check site if it aint there under promo then it aint good

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 06:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 06:45 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    punishing the customer its the most idiotic thing.

Alot of ppl dont understand how gamecard, and online stuff general works. For example, via Bioware it costs 12euros, via a "shaddy site" can cost 8 euros, some ppl assume they are just cheaper or a promotion of some kind. its like buying for example a TV, in a Sony store it can cost 1500euros, on retailer with a promotion can cost 1200euros the exact same TV and this example is perfectly legal, and happens alot with other products that are cheaper on big retailers vs buying from official stores.

Some ppl may just make a correlation with that.
    all BW promos so far have been advertised on their main site and somebody ALWAYS posts such promos here. if its too good to be true it usually is. check site if it aint there under promo then it aint good
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-05-03 at 06:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned ignorance is not an excuse. It's your responsibility as a consumer to know what you are buying from who.

If you were to buy stolen goods IRL you would still be prosecuted.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If you were to buy stolen goods IRL you would still be prosecuted.
    Sorry, but this is just not true.

Most scenarios involve having the item removed from your possesion and back to the owner. Even if they have proof you knowingly bought stolen merchandise, providing them with information on where you got it normally gets you out of everything.

Let's not even get started on how there are pawn shops, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Don't you take the wind out of my Doctor Who ramblings' sails!

But seriously, they can't just call everyone up on the phone to inform them, while sending them a certified postcard as a backup. We are using an electronic service and receive communication through E-mail.
    When I got my authenticator in WoW, I said in Guildchat "I got an authenticator, but the instruction sheet just has a web-site. Why do they assume I have internet!"

I was joking, but had at least 5 guildies explain to me that I needed internet to access the game. Was amusing.

Most scenarios involve having the item removed from your possesion and back to the owner. Even if they have proof you knowingly bought stolen merchandise, providing them with information on where you got it normally gets you out of everything.

Well Pawn shop owners can get prosecuted for selling, or even having stolen goods... but that is a whole other can of worms and we shouldn't side track

actually depending on your intent or motivation you CAN and WILL be charged for possession of stolen goods purchased.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    actually depending on your intent or motivation you CAN and WILL be charged for possession of stolen goods purchased.
    That's why I said even if they have proof you knowingly did it, helping them catch the thief is usually a GOoJFC.

They don't go around prosecuting everyone for purchasing an item they had no clue was stolen. Human beings are notoriously dumb and the law provides many an escape route for idiocy.

That's why I said even if they have proof you knowingly did it, helping them catch the thief is usually a GOoJFC.

They don't go around prosecuting everyone for purchasing an item they had no clue was stolen. Human beings are notoriously dumb and the law provides many an escape route for idiocy.

lol sadly i can find very few arguments for this statement lol

The discussion reminded me of one time I walked into Walmart and saw they did a rollback on WoW time cards.

mainly targeted at gold farmers...i hate gold farmers

Definitely not smart to go after cheap game cards... always beware.