Heroic Spine: 1 tank 2 healers?

Hellow guys,

i'm in a Prot warrior (Main tank) in a 8/8 HC guild and we lost our 2nd tank last (being a jerk & slacking of what we ask of him) and the only possible OS tank that we currently have in our raiding Core is our paladin healer

now this raises the question for our Spine HC kill this week ( we raid tonight , thursday 3-05-'12)

we could go with 2 tanks again, and have only 2 healers. altough i think won't make 1 lift off's ( so eventually this will really stress out healing on the 6th lift off).

or we could try 1 tank 2 healers and just burn it all in 3x 1 lifts (so also alot less bloods.)

do you reckon this doable with 20% nerf. personally i think it's worth giving it a shot.

for those interested, our setup:

Prot warrior

Holy paladin ( can tank)
    Resto shaman
    Disc priest for bubble (he will go Shadow with 1 tank 2 heal setup)

Arcane mage
    combat rogue
    Shadow priest
    elemental Shaman
    Demo lock
    Surv Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    Hellow guys,

i'm in a Prot warrior (Main tank) in a 8/8 HC guild and we lost our 2nd tank last (being a jerk & slacking of what we ask of him) and the only possible OS tank that we currently have in our raiding Core is our paladin healer

now this raises the question for our Spine HC kill this week ( we raid tonight , thursday 3-05-'12)

we could go with 2 tanks again, and have only 2 healers. altough i think won't make 1 lift off's ( so eventually this will really stress out healing on the 6th lift off).

or we could try 1 tank 2 healers and just burn it all in 3x 1 lifts (so also alot less bloods.)

do you reckon this doable with 20% nerf. personally i think it's worth giving it a shot.

for those interested, our setup:

Prot warrior

Holy paladin ( can tank)
    Resto shaman
    Disc priest for bubble (he will go Shadow with 1 tank 2 heal setup)

Arcane mage
    combat rogue
    Shadow priest
    elemental Shaman
    Demo lock
    Surv Hunter
    I doubt your healers can 2heal spine unless you can oneshot every tendon (Not whining about your healers, but since it's a progress fight for you guys, it seems impossible)
    But yea, oneshotting every tendon can work np.

It's not a progress fight, he said he's 8/8HC.

Your set up for it is good. Strong burst dps is the key to doing it all in one lift each (duhh :P).

As long as your dps know how to maximise their damage in an 18 second window, you'll do fine, as this was doable before the latest nerf.\

EDIT: I think Sub rogues are better than Combat rogues for this, but don't know for sure.

How is it a progress fight he said he was in an 8/8 HC guild. Should work if your dps is good enough there was a video out a few weeks back of a guild doing it this way with 1 lift each plate and that was with the 15% nerf. The lock might hold you back as I believe they are the worst class for tendon dps.

My guild 2-healed and it yesterday, but with 2 tanks as well. We didn't even get any tendon down in one go due to slacking, so it was pretty much the usual fight but with 2 healers. It's doable but if possible, have your raid help out a bit with the healing if needed.

Deleted
    We've done it @ the 5% nerf +15% tendon nerf or whatever it was with 1 tank 2 heals and 1shotted every tendon.
    nowadays we play 2 heals 2 tanks and 1shot every tendon.
    If i read ur post correctly, you can also go 2 tanks 2 heals, since 1 of your healers could tank, should work easily then

Greetz~

Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    We've done it @ the 5% nerf +15% tendon nerf or whatever it was with 1 tank 2 heals and 1shotted every tendon.
    nowadays we play 2 heals 2 tanks and 1shot every tendon.
    If i read ur post correctly, you can also go 2 tanks 2 heals, since 1 of your healers could tank, should work easily then

Greetz~
    i was thinking of that as well altough i'm not sure our dps can cut tendons in 1 go then. probably will have to trial & error it a bit.

thx all for the replies so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 1-tanked pre-nerf although I'm pretty sure they used 3 healers. With the nerfs and your group already having experience with the fight I don't see why 1 tank and 2 heals would be a problem. A bit of a learning curve I'm sure, but it shouldn't be too bad. If it turns out that you can't do the tendons 1-1-1 with your 1 tank 2 heal setup though you might as well just 3 heal it.

edit: I didn't look at your comp though, I'm pretty sure that other groups who have 1-tanked it used a feral or dps war/dk to taunt the amalg when it was ready to pick up 9 stacks and be killed. I'm not sure if the holy pally could do that, or you could just 2 tank and 2 heal it just fine I'd bet.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-05-03 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    The 1-1-1 with 1/2 was done by at 5% nerf so I'm sure its doable now too.

If you can't do 1-1-1 though don't try to 2 heal it, that's a bloody nightmare. If anything 1 tank and 3 healers with off-tanking on the Amalg... or something like that. It'd be much easier imo than losing a haler.

So I think your options in order of preference would be:

1-1-1 with 2/2
    1-1-1 with 1/2 if you need more DPS
    2-2-2 with 1/3 and I think some DPS off-tanking an Amalg with 40% dmg reduction, obvious MT picks it up to take it to 9.

you can definitely do 2 2 1 with 2 healers. also, your setup actually allows 1 1 1 with proper play.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much health does a tendon have in 10h now? 8.6million? So if your DPS consistently average, including your discpriest's OS, 1.2million or above on each initial lift, you should be able to get it.

I might try to talk my group into trying this, as I have been on SLT duty on this fight since our 2nd week of learning it in Feb. We'll probably stick with the tried and true though. If you do try it, good luck to you!