Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I don't think it will ever hit Star Wars levels of hype. That was insane.
    Yeah probably not. Star Wars is probably the biggest scifi/fantasy IP out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    a male nord should be about the same height as a female altmer. from the look of the trailer, i think he was about right. assuming she is an altmer and not a bosmer... if she's a bosmer, then his height is waaaaay off.

and yes, armor had stats like that. i was talking about stats like wow gear. the stats we have in skyrim are perfect imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Seriously, seeing the armours, I kind of really like the high elf one more then others. Kind of makes me think of playing with their side on the wood elf part.

I'm kind of torn between wood elf, nord, dark elf or breton...
    In previous games I always either went with races from mods like dryads or moonshadow elves, or went with dark elves and nords. Yet the lore of wood elves I always liked a bit too, and now in TES:O I like the bretons for how they hold on, their faction seems like a make-up of races who had no place anywhere else.

Not quite, those were still enhancements. Some armors and weapons just had them from the wilds so to say, while some you had to enchant. I was playing Skyrim recently so saw this.

About the nords, they were in the company of dark elves, I always assumed all elves are taller then humans for example.
    What about the muscles? the characters we see in game seem to be fairly skinny, shouldn't Nords be more... beefy?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Cosmetic shop item "lycanthoric infection" / "vampires bite", give your character a new skin, or fur coat, this Halloween! -TESO Dev team
    (only 19.99 per skin. Purchase is not refundable under any circumstance. Overwrites previous skin modifications. If you don't like it, leave. We still have your money. And we'lll sppppeeeendd it on druuuuggs)
    LMAO. Dat Skooma. TESO devs are all Khajiit.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    0:40 guy made me lol. It was funny, but would've been better if they showed something new from the game as well :P
    Seriously. Like I've said in the Wildstar thread, Zenimax is doing a damn good job of staying hush hush about anything major for this game. And when something does get leaked or released it ANTI-hypes the game.

I honestly don't think this game will set up insanely high expectations...which means it could turn out orgasmically amazing simply due to us not expecting much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    i was reading the little book by the king of the bretons and that faction and i have to wonder.... where will we see goblins in ESO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i was reading the little book by the king of the bretons and that faction and i have to wonder.... where will we see goblins in ESO?
    We ran into them in Morrowind: Tribunal beneath Mournhold (City of Light, City of Magic) in the sewers and also in Oblivion, again in sewers. So my guess is those pesky Goblins will be sneaking about stirring up trouble in the sewer systems of Tamriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    We ran into them in Morrowind: Tribunal beneath Mournhold (City of Light, City of Magic) in the sewers and also in Oblivion, again in sewers. So my guess is those pesky Goblins will be sneaking about stirring up trouble in the sewer systems of Tamriel.
    Not only in the sewers, there were a lot in the wilderness, and caves. Heck, there was even an entire "kingdom" of goblins in Oblivion.

ugh, i hate things like goblins and reiklings... i take great pleasure in slaughtering all the reikling villages i can find on solstheim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    dunmer and bosmer are about the same height as an imperial or redguard, altmer are the tallest of all the races, with nords in second. if they're showing nords being the same height as dunmer, they got some fixin' to do.
    Really? Hmmm, didn't know that, then you might be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you guys think there will be dwemer?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    do you guys think there will be dwemer?
    Not far back enough. The only Dwemer you might see is Yagrum Bagarn.

Deleted
    I think we may learn more about the dwemer, since there may be more information intact, in theory there should be more ruins to explore but tbh it's best if they keep the mystery.

On another note I hope we get to see the tribunal and that they play a part in the story, i like all the tes games but i feel the morrowind lore/story is particularly strong, I also want to see what they do with daedric shrines, they are bound to be in the game although it's highly unlikely that we will see the legendary weapons.

Edit: Moment of deja vu.

Anyway, yes I'm hoping for Goblins to pop up all over. I'm hoping for all the monsters from the TES games really.

We won't see Dwemer themselves but there will plenty of ruins to explore.

I'm very excited about the possibility of getting quests from the Daedric Princes at their shrines. Will Sheogorath give us a quest involving the Fork of Horripilation? I hope so!
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-15 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Probably still whining about pickpocket, hotkeys and other stuff. Probably doesn't understand that this is not SP.
    Ah yes, a laundry list of legitimate criticism laid out by numerous posters is "whining" and/or not being capable of grasping that this isn't a single player game. The level of intelligence of some people camping this thread, it is overwhelming!
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-02-15 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Ah yes, a laundry list of legitimate criticism laid out by numerous posters is "whining" and/or not being capable of grasping that this isn't a single player game. The level of intelligence of some people camping this thread, it is overwhelming!
    I'm glad you realized that hk51 was on your side.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The level of intelligence of some people camping this thread, it is overwhelming!
    Self-criticism with a dash of sarcasm? You're so cute.

I really hope the dev team ignores the people trying to make this into World of Warcraft: The Elder Scrolls
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Edit: Moment of deja vu.

Anyway, yes I'm hoping for Goblins to pop up all over. I'm hoping for all the monsters from the TES games really.

We won't see Dwemer themselves but there will plenty of ruins to explore.

I'm very excited about the possibility of getting quests from the Daedric Princes at their shrines. Will Sheogorath give us a quest involving the Fork of Horripilation? I hope so!
    I highly doubt we'll learn more about the Dwemer. There's very few ways such information could be acquired.

Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil know what happened. The difficulty would be convincing them to tell you, and even if they did they're notorious for lying. An Elder Scroll could be used to look into the past. I'm sure some, perhaps even most gods know, but getting the information from them presents the same problem as getting it from the Tribunal.

The only other thing would be if you could somehow get in contact with Kagrenac, assuming he even still exists in any form. The theories we have now, and the two accounts of the Battle of Red Mountain are probably the best information we're ever gonna get. Idk, I could be wrong, maybe in ESO, or perhaps in a later game the Dwemer will make a comeback and it'll be this huge thing, but I doubt it.

well, it's probably a certainty that we'll meet almalexia. she, the nord leader, and whoever is acting as the leader of the argonians or their representative will probably be in mournhold. hopefully we'll be able to ask her about it. i would at least like to have a few of them back... their babylonian design just looks waaay too damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Yeah I'll sad face pretty hard. However we'll see what they do, maybe they can do "better" gear from harder places in terms of you can enchant it more or it has better armour value etc? who knows...
    Actually - having the ability to get a better "base armour" that you can then "pimp out" as needed (within the usual Elder Scrolls games style and without the ability to make game breakingly awesome stuff) could be rather amazing. You'd have COMPLETELY different characters from one guy to the next, each with their own play style and gear to back it up. Having a crafting based idea of progression (again, ES in style) would make exploration and gathering the "stuff" to make your perfect set cover the gear treadmill side of things nicely without being just a simple "kill X, get lolimbalazerswordoftotalpwnage" type of game loot wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my other thread was closed and I was told to redirect here, so I'll post my original... post... here.

"It's already begun.. I've seen people already threatening Blizzard with the impending doom that is supposedly The Elder Scrolls Online. Before this gets out of hand, I'm urging you all to not overhype the game and offer it the title of WoW killer. That title is false and has ruined Rift, Swtor, and GW2. I don't understand why this always happens, when will people get a clue? Another tip: Don't try to read every tiny little thing about the game before it comes out, a game is much more fun when you have low expectations because when you get in and see all the features you didn't expect, it makes the game much more enjoyable, trust me, I talked down GW2 on MMO-C all the time before it came out and a few weeks after release I just bought it and it was very fun. Anyway, don't give TESO the preemptive "WoW-Killer" title and don't overhype it. I hope I at least slowed down the inevitable."
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."