1. #3181
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    For example if I want to create a "sorcerer" and I go down to the destruction perks, why not chose light armor that will boost my spells, magicka regeneration, and the like? I said that I am afraid that the game will "force" you into some standards and the dream of free customization will be replaced by MMO efficiency...but I hope to be wrong about this.
    It depends on what you're going for. If you want to be a spell-flinging turret that can blow shit up but breaks like glass if anyone so much as nudges you, then yes. You would go for the cloth armor.

    However, if you want to get right up in the action and be able to outlast your opponent, then you'd go the heavy armor route. Hell, you might even just get yourself a broadsword and just use your sorcerer abilities to augment your melee attacks.

  2. #3182
    I heard beta invites will be going out at the end of this month. This true?

    Tired of wasting away, waiting to see if I get a beta vite or not.

  3. #3183
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    I heard beta invites will be going out at the end of this month. This true?

    Tired of wasting away, waiting to see if I get a beta vite or not.
    Most likely you missed the announcement found here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...tions-answered

    Basically, beta testing for friends and family already started. Closed beta invites will go out around the end of this month.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

    Tam! RUGH!

  4. #3184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Most likely you missed the announcement found here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...tions-answered

    Basically, beta testing for friends and family already started. Closed beta invites will go out around the end of this month.
    I don't know how the hell I missed that, but some how I did. sigh...

    Well, anyways, thanks Tabby!

  5. #3185
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    I hope they open up argonian lore a bit more. They seem like the playable race with the least amount of back story.

  6. #3186
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I hope they open up argonian lore a bit more. They seem like the playable race with the least amount of back story.
    Back story; scampered about and ate some small insects.




  7. #3187
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I hope they open up argonian lore a bit more. They seem like the playable race with the least amount of back story.
    so this nord got drunk and mated with a lizard

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  8. #3188
    I sure wish during the combat Q&A that someone asked about the pet perk

  9. #3189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It depends on what you're going for. If you want to be a spell-flinging turret that can blow shit up but breaks like glass if anyone so much as nudges you, then yes. You would go for the cloth armor.

    However, if you want to get right up in the action and be able to outlast your opponent, then you'd go the heavy armor route. Hell, you might even just get yourself a broadsword and just use your sorcerer abilities to augment your melee attacks.
    I understand this part and in skyrim I am playing a heavy armor caster/tank.I just hope that TESO will manage to make them somewhat "balance" (don't mean/care about pvp) and the one option will not be far more efficient than the other with the result to look "ridiculous/noob" if you go with a unique character build...because sadly, the difference in MMO from single player game is efficiency and community will ask from you to be efficient in order to participate in group events..maybe you alone will seek efficiency instead of uniqueness just to speed up things (grind,leveling).

    Of course I am not asking for perfect balance here as this is impossible, I will just hate to see things like "for destruction perks, this perk from x armor is mandatory and will boost your performance by x %". Anyway is too early to judge and we know tiny information from the game so far..I just express some concerns but I hope we ll see a true unique character build
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  10. #3190
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    I sure wish during the combat Q&A that someone asked about the pet perk
    There will be pets? Like animal pets or summoned atronachs?

  11. #3191
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    I sure wish during the combat Q&A that someone asked about the pet perk
    There will be a part 2 so you have plenty of time to submit a question to them regarding combat and the pet perk.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

    Tam! RUGH!

  12. #3192
    I wish someone would answer this question: Will there be followers in ESO like it is in Skyrim? The followers are one of the things about Skyrim that enhances the story and gameplay for me. I liked how they did it in SWTOR but I think it could be done alot better tbh. One thing would be a perk-tree for followers and not constricting you to 4 different followers but rather have say 29 different followers that you could aquire through quest chains.

  13. #3193
    Brewmaster Kasperio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Utopia.
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I wish someone would answer this question: Will there be followers in ESO like it is in Skyrim? The followers are one of the things about Skyrim that enhances the story and gameplay for me. I liked how they did it in SWTOR but I think it could be done alot better tbh. One thing would be a perk-tree for followers and not constricting you to 4 different followers but rather have say 29 different followers that you could aquire through quest chains.
    I pity the studio who has to record interactive voicing for 29+ followers..

    *Take 32 of the 15th person making the same dialogue line for everything to be viable*
    "Okay, same line... from the top..."

    Not to mention the costs.. *Shivers*

    Note: This is not to say it would not be possible, nor awesome. It would deffinately be an awesome idea. It was just a fun little jab at the guys in the recording booth having to listen to the same dialogue options so every companion of the 29+ has something to say about X situration encountered. I know I'd call in sick that year xD
    Last edited by Kasperio; 2013-03-14 at 11:13 AM.
    Enough with bashing eachother, guys.. This community is still young and needs to grow up and show that not everyone are jerks. We're gamers and we enjoy games, don't bash eachother over what games they like or their oppinions, but don't let them bash others either. We need to come together and stand up, as a community, and help eachother out by being respectful and understanding. Please.

  14. #3194
    I'm not sure they'll go for that. With so much voicing done in SWTOR, after it failed - it really hit the money pocket. It's kinda risky to make a lot of companions with full voice-acting. And with all my belief in TESO, I still wouldn't have gone this route. Too risky.

  15. #3195
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    I wonder how many people are going to make an argonian templar named raptor jesus.

  16. #3196
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to make an argonian templar named raptor jesus.
    sweet jesus.... that might be the greatest idea ever. if they change the argonian models a bit, i'll totally do that.

  17. #3197
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to make an argonian templar named raptor jesus.
    after reading this

    i signed up for beta

    got accepted

    and created my own religion

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  18. #3198
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to make an argonian templar named raptor jesus.
    1 and then:

    Raptrjesus
    Raptorjesussss
    Raptørjësüs

  19. #3199
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I pity the studio who has to record interactive voicing for 29+ followers..

    *Take 32 of the 15th person making the same dialogue line for everything to be viable*
    "Okay, same line... from the top..."

    Not to mention the costs.. *Shivers*

    Note: This is not to say it would not be possible, nor awesome. It would deffinately be an awesome idea. It was just a fun little jab at the guys in the recording booth having to listen to the same dialogue options so every companion of the 29+ has something to say about X situration encountered. I know I'd call in sick that year xD
    It shouldn't be like swtor..in skyrim all NPCs are voiced but it doesn't matter if they are from a different actor or from one specific..They have to find just few good voices and put all dialoges like this.Swtor gone crazy about this without a reason.
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  20. #3200
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    It shouldn't be like swtor..in skyrim all NPCs are voiced but it doesn't matter if they are from a different actor or from one specific..They have to find just few good voices and put all dialoges like this.Swtor gone crazy about this without a reason.
    Exactly what I was thinking too. It doesn't have to be as OTT as SWTOR. Equally epic, just a bit more subtle. 29 was just a number though, I just want enough followers to not feel like everyone has the same follower with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •