Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    I look forward to the 6 button mash rotation, you have many more spells but like Vizzle said, only use 6 at a time.

I personally am hoping they do something really different than other mmo's like TOR, Rift, WOW has done, and make it a somewhat new age MMO-RPG, either way I am so excited I can't stop watching the you tube video's!

Going to spend majority of my time playing Skyrim til this gets out, just wish we had more of an exact date as to when its getting released, like 1st 2nd quarter of the year etc.
    Don't expect it until early 2014 at the earliest imo.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Dev said in an interview that the game would release in 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsqALZWir4&hd=1&t=7m13s

But who knows, might get delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Dev said in an interview that the game would release in 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsqALZWir4&hd=1&t=7m13s

But who knows, might get delayed.
    Everything I've seen and heard has said 2013 So I'm betting it will be out next year!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Have to admit, I am pretty excited for this game. But the action combat still makes me uneasy. I don't really enjoy action games too much. So I wonder if TESO will be more Tera/Raiderz style [which I greatly enjoy] or more Guild Wars 2 style action [which I do not enjoy].

Nervous, but sounds great so far.

I really dont know, this gameplay really didn't bought me. I know its probably Alpha or pre Alpha, still. Till Beta i stay neutral.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I really dont know, this gameplay really didn't bought me. I know its probably Alpha or pre Alpha, still. Till Beta i stay neutral.
    Yeah the Alpha version is the review video I have been watching at first I really didn't like the way it sounded but the more I watch it and the other videos the more I look forward to it.

I'm wondering though if its going to be as demanding on your PC as a game such as Rift is!?
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I have decided to give it a go and watch some videos today with impressions.

But is it currently all besides some alpha-information?

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I have decided to give it a go and watch some videos today with impressions.

But is it currently all besides some alpha-information?
    and some dev interview, which is about it at the moment.

I'd assume late 2013. It also depends on if they're going to revamp it some more causing delays.

I still feel, after watching that video, that this is just gonna be another WoW-like game. Not a WoW-clone, but basically the same concept with a few things to add to the Elder Scrolls feeling, so I will most likely not purchase this. Why does every MMO have to be so combat-oriented anyway? There's so much more to just dungeons and PvP.
    I'm a European federalist. Now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    You're locked into the zones of your faction (plus Cyrodill) so... somewhat less freedom there.
    Source? /10 chars.

Yeah the Alpha version is the review video I have been watching at first I really didn't like the way it sounded but the more I watch it and the other videos the more I look forward to it.

I'm wondering though if its going to be as demanding on your PC as a game such as Rift is!?
    They better be. I'm sick of devs that reduce the graphical quality of MMO's to cater to people with $100 crap boxes. Oh sure they do it because more people will probably sub. But really. It's 2012(almost 2013), not the year 2000. Computer components get cheaper and cheaper, you should have a decent PC by now.

But of course they can just make the game have loads of graphical options that cater to all. But that only works well when the game engine isn't complete crap.

Well I don't know if there is official word or not if this game is going to use a really good gpU engine or not?

In relation to the above video this is from the games website

You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Yeah the video I posted was just the alpha review both are very interesting.
    Just wondering how this will do , and mainly curious about how the raiding will be.

The game really needs to take it's time. They need to step away from trying to please the eager forum masses with promises of raiding and PVP structure and make sure they're making a decent combat system first. Something adaptive, something smooth and seamless. Something that makes you smile when you do something amazing. They need to make sure it looks natural and effortless when you're moving around. They need to make sure weapon swings look like powerful strikes that the character put his raw strength into and not middle school theater rehearsal.

So so so many of these new MMOs come out and leave their audiences feeling like they've done it all before. I'm not asking them to recreate the genre, I'm asking them to make sure they've got a damn solid foundation based around solid, dependable gameplay before ANYTHING else. Before the promises of features, before the bosses are revealed, hell, before they're even done writing the dialogue. Make sure it's fun to PLAY, not just something you do because your friends said it's awesome and you're bored of <Insert current game addiction.>
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I also agree with this.

As much as I do belive the Elder Scrolls MMO will be great, one of the greatest strenghts of Elder Scrolls games was that you could mod them in so many ways. I doubt they'll let that go with an MMO.
    I pray like hell that they make some sort of sweepstakes or annual competition which allows modders to create a mod that the devs will consider including into their future patches (I'm talking mainly armors and weapons though, not gameplay), this not only allows developers to stretch a bit and see the community at work, but it allows the community to come together and share their enthusiasm about aspects of the game with the developer themselves.

Also, it allows for the most badass creations to be allowed into the game and for people to be recognized for their creativity.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-11-12 at 03:11 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol.

I look forward to the 6 button mash rotation, you have many more spells but like Vizzle said, only use 6 at a time.

I personally am hoping they do something really different than other mmo's like TOR, Rift, WOW has done, and make it a somewhat new age MMO-RPG, either way I am so excited I can't stop watching the you tube video's!

Going to spend majority of my time playing Skyrim til this gets out, just wish we had more of an exact date as to when its getting released, like 1st 2nd quarter of the year etc.
    My only hope is that they're able to smooth out the combat system. That's what's turned me away from every single MMO since ever. Nothing compares to the twitch responses that WoW allows with latency as well as how the animations go off (despite dated and terrible graphics). IF they can deal with that then I might consider looking into it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The game really needs to take it's time. They need to step away from trying to please the eager forum masses with promises of raiding and PVP structure and make sure they're making a decent combat system first. Something adaptive, something smooth and seamless. Something that makes you smile when you do something amazing. They need to make sure it looks natural and effortless when you're moving around. They need to make sure weapon swings look like powerful strikes that the character put his raw strength into and not middle school theater rehearsal.

So so so many of these new MMOs come out and leave their audiences feeling like they've done it all before. I'm not asking them to recreate the genre, I'm asking them to make sure they've got a damn solid foundation based around solid, dependable gameplay before ANYTHING else. Before the promises of features, before the bosses are revealed, hell, before they're even done writing the dialogue. Make sure it's fun to PLAY, not just something you do because your friends said it's awesome and you're bored of <Insert current game addiction.>
    This. So much this. You said everything I wanted to and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

I don't find value in the 3 faction separated zones. How is it a good idea to make content 2/3 of your playerbase won't have access to by default.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm with Vizzle on this one, they've repeatedly said they're aiming for 2013, but they've also said that the beta isn't starting until 2013 either... maybe I'm a cynic when it comes to MMO's, release dates and long betas but my gut is telling me a game of this size is probably going to get pushed a little. At the very earliest it's going to be the end of 2013 but if it has any delays at all, it'll be 2014.
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

I want to be excited that it will be the next MMO to do it right and improve on what WoW has, but after seeing Rift, SWToR and Guild Wars 2, I'm just going to assume that it will be as lacking as them. But if it does cover every aspect of the MMO experience well; with the same meaty quality and quantity of their single player games, I will jump in and frolic the fck out of it. I am really hoping that it is just like Skyrim with other people involved. I just hope they avoid letting the MMO factor dilute the game and keep it as meaty as Skyrim was.

I play WoW atm and it is good, but they are running out of new things to do. They are getting to the point where they talk about new minor features as major features, because they have such little ground left to explore and when they do find something new to put in, they feel like it's a big deal.