1. #3341
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Phase people in NG+ with NG+ people? or something? Probably might help.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 06:23 PM ----------

    Sure you can, my story of elves are they are 100 foot colossis that look like monkey.
    Uhh... I don't really care for the game as I'm looking forward to something else, but... we won't know how it goes until game play. We can get all these ideas, new tech, story, etc etc, but in the end implementation is the key.
    I'm just bored.
    Wat.
    Holy crap false equivalency. Comparing things to other things outside of it's own genre is just terrible.
    Your definition of MMO is heavily skewed by your own preference.
    Don't speak for others.
    The whole point is to be different...? or is that odd.

    PvP isn't PvP when it's curb stomping. Curb stomping psychologically destroys people's will to further play a game, making it an even deader game as you so speak. Losing because you're not skilled is different than being one shotted because you can't control it. If you're more skilled, you win, if not, you lose. I've always been an advocate of skill > gear, cause in the end if gear is all that matters, then artificial difficulty is all that is presented.
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    Last edited by blackyfrost; 2013-03-21 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #3342
    you're a moderator, act like one
    Provoking a moderator contradicts your... "request"

  3. #3343
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    According to who?
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  4. #3344
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    And looking back at your posts, you just make asinine comments, where it seems you want every MMO to be like WoW. Rift did that, and failed. Plus how would you make TES like WoW or "the MMO genre" in your words? It would destroy the feel of a TES game...

    Not sure WHY it has to have gear progression, I for one would be happy to play and game where someone with twice the gear farm me with just one spell or attack, since they don't need skill to own everyone else with half their health. TES doesn't really have "gear progression" in the sense of the word, since you can play one of the RPG naked and still win easily if you have the skill. Gear is usually more or less for looks if you have the skill. I mean in Skyrim my main is level 57 still rolling in dwarven armor because I like the looks.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  5. #3345
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    I disagree, I've played plenty of RPG's without gear progression some of which could be transformed into MMO format, I wouldn't want to play them personally but not all progression has to be stats.

    I understand where you're coming from, to me an MMORPG without progression seems stupid, but that doesn't void it of MMORPG status.

  6. #3346
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    I must have missed the part where a gear grind or linear power progression were the most important components of a Massively Multiplayer Online game or even a Role Playing Game.

  7. #3347
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not sure WHY it has to have gear progression, I for one would be happy to play and game where someone with twice the gear farm me with just one spell or attack, since they don't need skill to own everyone else with half their health. TES doesn't really have "gear progression" in the sense of the word, since you can play one of the RPG naked and still win easily if you have the skill. Gear is usually more or less for looks if you have the skill. I mean in Skyrim my main is level 57 still rolling in dwarven armor because I like the looks.
    This argument is silly, because you and I (and everyone) all know that even if you can kill shit completely naked in Skyrim, you're much stronger in gear. Assuming the guy in the better gear isn't a complete moron though, a naked opponent isn't going to beat him.

    There most likely will be gear progression in the game, even for PvP. Sure, they'll boost you up, but there will still be gear progression at max level (from what I've read and learned about the game, this is my best guess). I don't think it's a bad thing either -- if I wanted to hop in and play I'd go play LoL or something. I like progression in my MMORPGs, and I like finding opponents who've progressed as much as I have. It also gives lesser-geared players something to aspire to.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  8. #3348
    N TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    Since when did MMO (massively multiplayer online) stand for gear grinding character progression?

  9. #3349
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Eurgh, is this the same discussion i started about pvp gear?

    i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward? But I think it should be cosmetic reward or minor upgrades or you end up with the situation wow has right now where new players or new to pvp characters will find it impossible to catch up.

    i also think rewards should be based in your skill and not how much time you have to play.
    Too cool for a signature

  10. #3350
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This argument is silly, because you and I (and everyone) all know that even if you can kill shit completely naked in Skyrim, you're much stronger in gear. Assuming the guy in the better gear isn't a complete moron though, a naked opponent isn't going to beat him.

    There most likely will be gear progression in the game, even for PvP. Sure, they'll boost you up, but there will still be gear progression at max level (from what I've read and learned about the game, this is my best guess). I don't think it's a bad thing either -- if I wanted to hop in and play I'd go play LoL or something. I like progression in my MMORPGs, and I like finding opponents who've progressed as much as I have. It also gives lesser-geared players something to aspire to.
    Yes, I know, but I don't think it will be as facestompy as a new level 90 in WoW, VS a full tyranical geared player. Even if the new level 90 is somehow more skilled (it's an alt or w/e) he will get curbstomped every time. From what I've seen, they seem to want to limit that in TESO. That's what I was getting at.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  11. #3351
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward?
    Because playing the game should be fun by itself? I'm all for cosmetic rewards and titles and nonsense, but I'm kinda blown away at the notion that activities need a reward in order to be fun >.>

  12. #3352
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    Rewatched the vid again and saw that there will be addon support. That's pretty cool imo. Will be interesting to see what addons people can come up with for an MMO with first person capability.

  13. #3353
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Because playing the game should be fun by itself? I'm all for cosmetic rewards and titles and nonsense, but I'm kinda blown away at the notion that activities need a reward in order to be fun >.>
    ok I worded that badly. I mean it gets a bit boring if there's nothing to aim for, at least for me anyway. It's nice to have a goal to ai. For, something to achiev,
    Too cool for a signature

  14. #3354
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ok I worded that badly. I mean it gets a bit boring if there's nothing to aim for, at least for me anyway. It's nice to have a goal to ai. For, something to achiev,
    Here's my goal for PvP.

    Kill every mother fucker I see

    and I'm having fun.

  15. #3355
    i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward?
    The enjoyment of beating opponents by skill alone in an environment that promotes equity?

  16. #3356
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Rewatched the vid again and saw that there will be addon support. That's pretty cool imo. Will be interesting to see what addons people can come up with for an MMO with first person capability.
    good, I like addon support!

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The enjoyment of beating opponents by skill alone in an environment that promotes equity?
    but its still good to have a reward, I would rather it just be some cosmetic armor or mount or something than better gear.
    Im going to use call of duty as an example, because its the best I've got right now, but once people reach max level on there and unlocked everything, they usually prestige, because its boring sitting at max level with nothing to unlock and it's cool to show off your new shiny title thing. Things can get pretty stale if there's no reward.


    also, I'm trying to type frm my phone
    p
    anyway, want ever they chose to do, I hope we don't see a repeat of wow where players who play longer end up with a massive advantage overmatched players, even if the other player is more skilled but they don't have 6 hours a day to farm the best gear.
    Last edited by peggleftw; 2013-03-21 at 02:30 AM.
    Too cool for a signature

  17. #3357
    but its still good to have a reward, I would rather it just be some cosmetic armor or mount or something than better gear.
    Im going to use call of duty as an example, because its the best I've got right now, but once people reach max level on there and unlocked everything, they usually prestige, because its boring sitting at max level with nothing to unlock and it's cool to show off your new shiny title thing. Things can get pretty stale if there's no reward.
    Then you are bored of the game not bored because there isn't any reward.

  18. #3358
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,078
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

    ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    Issue is you're not responding without extrapolating into a fallacy.

    And no, your 'definition' is skewed by your own preference.

    I believe I said it back somewhere, reward the epeen, but not the character.

  19. #3359
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Then you are bored of the game not bored because there isn't any reward.
    not really, it just gets stale doing the same thing over and over again if you get nothing from it.

    wahts people's problem with cosmetic rewards from pvp? What's wrong with a small reward to keep people interested longer and reward those who are skilled?
    Too cool for a signature

  20. #3360
    Banned Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one
    "you said things I don't agree with you must be trolling. Also mods aren't allowed to show any form of human life"

    thats a good way of thinking guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •