Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    And does ESO offered ANYTHING that convinced these ex-WoW players that the game is better than WoW? I haven't seen anything.. One of the main reason wow can still charge 15 bucks per month is that it's extremely polished thanks to it's 10 years worth of development. Also a lot of ppl are still playing WoW because a huge chunk of their social life exist in there (yeah it's sad.. but that's the truth).

MMORPG is all about churn. You will have people leaving, but then you want to attract new people to come in. WoW does a great job keeping ppl in the game, but for a completely new MMORPG player, F2P or B2P seems a lot more attractive vs levelling to 90 all by yourself.
    i'll take that you are still playing wow, so i understand that you enjoy what wow has to offer thus, you are not attracted with TESO, seems logical. Now if you are the group of player that currently play wow, you are not in the same state of mind of the millions that don't play anymore,(and not just 4 millions, they maybe 20 or more millions that have once played wow). So you can't possibly act as their spokesperson and state what they want or don't want to play, can you?

And does ESO offered ANYTHING that convinced these ex-WoW players that the game is better than WoW? I haven't seen anything.. One of the main reason wow can still charge 15 bucks per month is that it's extremely polished thanks to it's 10 years worth of development. Also a lot of ppl are still playing WoW because a huge chunk of their social life exist in there (yeah it's sad.. but that's the truth).

MMORPG is all about churn. You will have people leaving, but then you want to attract new people to come in. WoW does a great job keeping ppl in the game, but for a completely new MMORPG player, F2P or B2P seems a lot more attractive vs levelling to 90 all by yourself.
    - Alternative leveling design
    - TES combat
    - New universe (some people might be side of stormwind)
    - flexible class system
    - non trinity grouping (from what I've read)
    - voice acting

I mean, without breaking the NDA there's a lot of things people could prefer in TESO over WoW. Just because you can not see yourself enjoying those aspects, doesn't mean other won't.

(granted, launching as subscription + box is silly. But that doesn't mean there aren't aspects of TESO that people will love)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-25 at 12:06 AM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

That is always the viewpoint of a current WoW gamer on a forum. There is nothing other games can offer that will be better than WoW ever. Without breaking the NDA, all I can say is WoW will have heavy competition this time around. Not just from ESO, but from Wildstar and probably EQ Next as well. Blizzard's got their hands full now and they need to absolutely kick ass with the next expansion.

My dream: World of warcraft : A world reborn If they were to remake the whole game and update it to todays level of graphics etc. WoW would no doubt reign supreme for the next ten years as well. If not, I can see WoW having to go F2P to stay alive. Hope that won't happen though, Blizzard games are way too good to be left out in the shadow by up-and-comers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    There is nothing other games can offer that will be better than WoW ever
    Yea, there is: the PvP system of ESO. For me, personally, it's the only thing that interests me in this game. I dont care about PvE, i dont care about anything else. If they get the PvP system right, it's gonna be amazing. WoWs PvP system sucks big time compared to how good this could be.

Actually I am not even playing WoW anymore. The game has turned into a social grindfest it's impossible for anyone to play it unless you commit a huge chunk of time per week

Now as for ESO
    1. Alternative level design : Can you elaborate on that?
    2. TES combat: I watched the video on that. It seems like a hybrid of TES and tab targetting. Namely you need to aim but you can still tab target and as long as you are in the general direction your spell will hit. And didn't TERA already did this?
    3. How is that any different from RIFT? (which is F2p)
    4. Just like what GW2 promised. (B2P)
    5. If they can reach close to the quality of SWTOR voice acting, that might have an initial awesome factor. But we all play SWTOR, and we all know that in the long run voice acting means nothing. (SWTOR is F2P)

The point I am trying to raise is.. ESO has not offered anything that made ppl go.. HOLY SHIT, this game is so much better than all other B2P or F2P games such that I must commint 60 bucks box copy AND 15 bucks per month to access this game.

Actually I am not even playing WoW anymore. The game has turned into a social grindfest it's impossible for anyone to play it unless you commit a huge chunk of time per week

Now as for ESO
    1. Alternative level design : Can you elaborate on that?
    2. TES combat: I watched the video on that. It seems like a hybrid of TES and tab targetting. Namely you need to aim but you can still tab target and as long as you are in the general direction your spell will hit. And didn't TERA already did this?
    3. How is that any different from RIFT?
    4. Just like what GW2 promised.
    5. If they can reach close to the quality of SWTOR voice acting, that might have an initial awesome factor. But we all play SWTOR, and we all know that in the long run voice acting means nothing.
    1. You complete a zone by completing it's objective. The example they used was completing a set of armor or something.
    2. Not exactly.
    3. Why does it have to be different than Rift to be better than WoW in this aspect? I would take rifts build a bear class system over most anything on the market. Besides, it sounds like it's going to be a bit more like Skyrim in terms of progressing your character toward being something.
    4. And?
    5. It isn't like swtors voice acting. It's like skyrims.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -

This is what ESO Is from what I've seen(without breaking NDA).

Skyrim MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This is what ESO Is from what I've seen(without breaking NDA).

Skyrim MMO.
    In a non-bashing way, pretty much. There's no point in comparing it to other MMOs as it's far easier to compare it to skyrim + MMO features.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, there is: the PvP system of ESO. For me, personally, it's the only thing that interests me in this game. I dont care about PvE, i dont care about anything else. If they get the PvP system right, it's gonna be amazing. WoWs PvP system sucks big time compared to how good this could be.
    Didn't they already say they aren't going for balanced arena based pvp? It's just going to be zergy faceroll just like WvW in GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

For all Europeans wondering why they haven't received any Beta-invite yet ...

Lizzy – When can we expect beta for Europe players?

Maria Aliprando (Creature Combat Designer) – We’re holding back on announcing when we’re going to go to European beta just because we’re still sorting out our tech. We are starting stress testing right now in the US so that means that our numbers are going to rapidly increase very soon.
    source

i knew it and I fucking hate them for keeping up my hope for so long. Did they point out somewhere on their beta-application that european players shouldn't expect any invites anytime soon? Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    For all Europeans wondering why they haven't received any Beta-invite yet ...

source

i knew it and I fucking hate them for keeping up my hope for so long. Did they point out somewhere on their beta-application that european players shouldn't expect any invites anytime soon? Bah!
    No they did not.... would've been nice to know this from the get go.

Fucking hell.

I told you that 2 months ago.

What does a stress test in the US beta have anything to do with the EU beta not being active?

-Lizzy deflects your question. Its super effective!

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    What does a stress test in the US beta have anything to do with the EU beta not being active?

-Lizzy deflects your question. Its super effective!
    I think you misunderstood a little bit. The part about "sorting the tech" in Europe probably means that their Frankfurt servers aren't operational yet. Also most likely they don't want people from Europe playing on beta servers in the US which must still be unoptimized and adding additional latency into the equation would result only in a crappy beta experience for European players.

EDIT: FYI, I'm from Europe too and frankly don't expect to get a beta invite until the last weeks when they will let anyone and their grandmothers in anyway.
    Last edited by senkyen; 2013-08-26 at 02:19 PM.

Hoping to get an invite soon still. The game is still worth a sub for now from what I've seen and want, but of course proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I think you misunderstood a little bit.
    What is there to misunderstand. She said "We are starting stress testing right now in the US" as a last part of the paragraph which is about the EU beta. My point was that the 2nd half has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbzow View Post
    So....You need to buy the game for what...60$?, then they demand 15$ a month?....And ofcourse the micro transactions we musn't forget.

I can already see the future of this game, and It's not positive I can tell.
    Have to see. It depends a lot on how well the game releases. One may argue that 'OH MY STARS IT'S A BIG FRANCHISE!' but people said the same thing about SWTOR and look how quickly that fell down the pit where Aion and Rift are right now.
    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Have to see. It depends a lot on how well the game releases. One may argue that 'OH MY STARS IT'S A BIG FRANCHISE!' but people said the same thing about SWTOR and look how quickly that fell down the pit where Aion and Rift are right now.
    And let's not forget, it's a big franchise... as a B2P game. Not as a subscription game.

There's a chance that most of the skyrim folks haven't been conditioned for a decade to handle being asked to pay 15 bucks a month to play a game they already bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    And let's not forget, it's a big franchise... as a B2P game. Not as a subscription game.

There's a chance that most of the skyrim folks haven't been conditioned for a decade to handle being asked to pay 15 bucks a month to play a game they already bought.
    I was comparing it to Star Wars, when a lot of people said 'They can handle a sub model because of their fans cause it's so popular'
    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I was comparing it to Star Wars, when a lot of people said 'They can handle a sub model because of their fans cause it's so popular'
    Which, of course was silly given that SWG was aroun 50k subscribers.