Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    I have a question is ESO using the Hero engine? Like the one used in TOR? Also im really curious about the mega server implementation sounds like a complete nightmare wise especially if its an open world like WoW one.
    It won't be using the Hero engine.

the mega server seems very similar to gw1's districts if you have ever played that game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It won't be using the Hero engine.

the mega server seems very similar to gw1's districts if you have ever played that game
    Thx doozer for answering my questions, Im getting pretty pumped for this, love the elder scrolls universe.

I skeptical of the mega server thing. But still eager to see how this game plays. The DAOC style PvP is the main attraction for me. Especially if they have a realm point type system where you can buy new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to explore the RP aspects. As I mentioned previously in this thread some pages ago, I'm planning on being a Breton Hunter turned Archer. I'll probably be the guy who's still waaaaay off end game when everybody begins organizing groups since I tend to take my sweet time, but it's about immersion for me. I'll allow myself to be sucked into the game and heck - if it does'nt fit me I'll do anything in my power to stay off the easiest path of progression.

When it comes to games like WoW or, to some extend, GW2 I played solely for getting to end level (VERY counterproductive with GW2 I admit. Flaw on my part). However in Skyrim, I was -that- guy who did'nt just smith 400 iron daggers. No, sir, I would hunt animals, gather their pelts and create armors which I would distribute to vendors around major towns (Naturally, never using fast travel. Seriously) and generally just get 'into' the game.

So yeah, I can't wait to test the RP'ing. I'm a bit concerned about the megashard when it comes to that, but hey, we'll see how they do it. I'm sure they got tricks up their sleeves and we should'nt forget there's thousands of things to work out still.
    Just to let you know, you weren't the only one. I might've taken it a bit "further". As I played on the Xbox, I was always in the voice chat with a friend. Mostly tried to stay in-character when we were doing so. Just for the fun of it. Ah.. Well, when trying to explain it sounds so silly.

Anyhow, I am just realy interested and excited. This is the stuff I also want to do. I hope that when you tick, like you said later on, PvP and RP people will be actualy doing a RP-PvP battle. THAT would be so amazing. I've tried to do that so often in WoW. We basicly started making premade-RP Battlegrounds. It was hard to get going, but was so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to explore the RP aspects. As I mentioned previously in this thread some pages ago, I'm planning on being a Breton Hunter turned Archer. I'll probably be the guy who's still waaaaay off end game when everybody begins organizing groups since I tend to take my sweet time, but it's about immersion for me. I'll allow myself to be sucked into the game and heck - if it does'nt fit me I'll do anything in my power to stay off the easiest path of progression.

When it comes to games like WoW or, to some extend, GW2 I played solely for getting to end level (VERY counterproductive with GW2 I admit. Flaw on my part). However in Skyrim, I was -that- guy who did'nt just smith 400 iron daggers. No, sir, I would hunt animals, gather their pelts and create armors which I would distribute to vendors around major towns (Naturally, never using fast travel. Seriously) and generally just get 'into' the game.

So yeah, I can't wait to test the RP'ing. I'm a bit concerned about the megashard when it comes to that, but hey, we'll see how they do it. I'm sure they got tricks up their sleeves and we should'nt forget there's thousands of things to work out still.
    I am with you on that, but how do you feel wen the company itself in their intro video said that the real game starts at max level?not that this isn't true for almost he majority of MMOs but why should they tell this in their advertising video?Doesn't this telling that they will snub completely the leveling process, the "journey" to the max level? I don;t know, just like they are ready to give us a max level toon fro the start
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I think they meant by that, that there will be enough content to last on the max level. Meaning, that you will have as much as fun, as while leveling. I think that's a nod towards SWTOR, who had amazing leveling content, but very bad end-game.

So what they meant, is that you'll have a good experience at leveling as well as at max-level.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I am with you on that, but how do you feel wen the company itself in their intro video said that the real game starts at max level?not that this isn't true for almost he majority of MMOs but why should they tell this in their advertising video?Doesn't this telling that they will snub completely the leveling process, the "journey" to the max level? I don;t know, just like they are ready to give us a max level toon fro the start
    No, it's just trying to curb the worries that "there's nothing to do at endgame" which is the problem with so many MMOs these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    So am I correct that this MMO won't have set classes like in the SP games? If I remember correctly, you pick a race, and pretty much develop your "class" on your own. Is this how this game is going to work? If so, I think that would be an awesome change of pace from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So am I correct that this MMO won't have set classes like in the SP games? If I remember correctly, you pick a race, and pretty much develop your "class" on your own. Is this how this game is going to work? If so, I think that would be an awesome change of pace from WoW.
    You pick a class, but you're not restricted to and you're free to choose any set of weapons/armor/stats.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You pick a class, but you're not restricted to and you're free to choose any set of weapons/armor/stats.
    If you have the freedom of the single player games in this regard, what's the point of having a class? I mean there has to be some sort of restrictions that they have or something unique about each choice, otherwise it seems pretty useless.

If you have the freedom of the single player games in this regard, what's the point of having a class? I mean there has to be some sort of restrictions that they have or something unique about each choice, otherwise it seems pretty useless.
    Ever play Oblivion? You pick a class but you kid still do what you wanted.

The skills I guess, and maybe class-specific quest lines? You only unlock certain skills that your class can possess probably.

Heres how it is: you pick a class, say dragon knight, you will benefit more from heavy armor and sword/axes/whatever your class is specialized in than from cloth/staffs. But then if u wanted to as you level up put points in magic instead of stamina or health and you can wear cloth to be a mage. However, you wont be as effective as an actual mage class because your class (dragonknight) specializes in melee.

So it's just a starting point with stats like Oblivion did?

So it's just a starting point with stats like Oblivion did?
    sorta, plus while you can use any armor and weapons as any other class, you will have some abilities limited to what you pick (Like the Dragon Knight's chain pull etc.)

In Ragnarok Online, you start out with 1 point in every stat: Agility, Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Luck, Vitality. Then you pick a class and as you level up you put points in any stat you want. So essentially, while the norm playstyle would be Sages with full Intelligence and Dexterity, you could end up building a Sage with full Agility and Strength and still be a viable playstyle (players called them Battle Sages). Some priests were full Intelligence + Dex for their healing, while others were battle priests who went around killing people with tomes. You could have either a full Vitality + Strength Knight (which would make you really thick and give you a lot of HP + Defense) or you could be a full Agility + Strength/Luck Knight, which would give you crazy attack speed. Both playstyles would work. One of my main characters at one point was a Blacksmith with 99 Agility and 99 Strength who could attack as fast as an Assassin.

I'm hoping TESO will be something like that.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-01-28 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    In Ragnarok Online, you start out with 1 point in every stat: Agility, Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Luck, Vitality. Then you pick a class and as you level up you put points in any stat you want. So essentially, while the norm playstyle would be Sages with full Intelligence and Dexterity, you could end up building a Sage with full Agility and Strength and still be a viable playstyle (players called them Battle Sages). Some priests were full Intelligence + Dex for their healing, while others were battle priests who went around killing people with tomes. You could have either a full Vitality + Strength Knight (which would make you really thick and give you a lot of HP + Defense) or you could be a full Agility + Strength/Luck Knight, which would give you crazy attack speed. Both playstyles would work. One of my main characters at one point was a Blacksmith with 99 Agility and 99 Strength who could attack as fast as an Assassin.

I'm hoping TESO will be something like that.
    Damn, you just took me back to Nostalgia town. Miss my high priest sometimes.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Damn, you just took me back to Nostalgia town. Miss my high priest sometimes.
    High priest? you youngster!
    Was rocking with my fellow acolytes, swordman, archers and rogues when there were no second jobs!
    OT: RELEASE THE CODES!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    sorta, plus while you can use any armor and weapons as any other class, you will have some abilities limited to what you pick (Like the Dragon Knight's chain pull etc.)
    Isn't this sort of opening the door for something random like... say a warrior gets some kind of special ability only the "warrior class" gets and it happens to have synergy with magic spells with the end result being that the "warrior class" are better mages than the "mage class" without careful balancing

Well it'll be like skyrim , you put a point into either health, stamina and magika and then there are the perk trees.