10+ Year Old Account
    Also if you are having the issue of the launcher trying to reinstall, check out this thread. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...comment/533563

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Go a few posts up. :P
    Doh my bad. Thanks for pointing it out. It is interesting to say how they got from a really smooth launch to this......makes me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Well, shouldn't it break immersion if you can talk to people that aren't near you? Which means the only two things that should be seen are /say and /yell.

Not that I RP because I don't. It just doesn't seem logical to pick and choose your RP elements.
    Sure it does. You wouldn't get rid of a huge convenience like being able to chat just for immersion, but something small that you can live without... yes. Not speaking about this specific example, but it's definitely a scale... not black and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Sure it does. You wouldn't get rid of a huge convenience like being able to chat just for immersion, but something small that you can live without... yes. Not speaking about this specific example, but it's definitely a scale... not black and white.
    Not to mention, people don't roleplay 100% of the time, we go OOC to level up, do dungeons, and general social stuff.

Also if you are having the issue of the launcher trying to reinstall, check out this thread. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...comment/533563
    Comparing my backup with my installation, they seemingly managed to delete both the "game_player.version" and "vo_en.version" with the new patch.
    The first file missing will result in the entire game asking to be reinstalled, the second missing leads to a redownload of the voiceover (5GB).

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    But seeing your account name in guild chat as opposed to your toon name shouldn't be any more immersion breaking then having guild chat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also some info about servers coming back up:

Quote Originally Posted by ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    We're still on track to open the servers at the 4-hour downtime mark (6PM EDT), or very shortly after.

I bought the game from Ubisoft back in Jan 30th. As soon as I bought the game, I got an email with an "Activation Key" which I entered on ESO's website and thats what granted me Early Access etc. My question is: am I to expect another key from Ubisoft or the one I entered back then is it? Previous talk about this has me confused.

Deleted
    Also some info about servers coming back up:
    And I might have to completely reinstall. I am starting to get really annoyed by these issues.

Sometimes I get the feeling their team really lacks experience in the basics.

Servers seem to be up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    !​The floodgates have opened!

ESO is now live!

Anyone else have a 5gb patch?

Deleted
    Trying to logging in... it seems to me, with another 100k blokes

Deleted
    !​The floodgates have opened!

ESO is now live!
    .........this is beyond stupid. They better give out free gametime if we need to reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    Anyone else have a 5gb patch?
    50mb patch here

Deleted
    Floodgates indeed Good chance we crash the servers with the login requests

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    50mb patch here
    Mine did a 50mb, then a 75mb, now a 5gb.

Deleted
    is there any good addon manager for eso to easily update/install them?

i tried curse client, but it doesn't seem to work with ESO even though it says it does.

Just confirmed with my brother, the problem is quite simple: the launcher deleted "vo_en.version" (5GB DL), "depot.version" (reinstall) and "game.version" (reinstall), which is the ONLY check for file integrity the launcher seem to has built in. If you have a old version of those files, you can repair, if not, you get to redownload.

Im using this one, working pretty well for me