Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    So...If the game came with 30 days free. Why did Zenimax charge me $15?

I figured having to sub when you buy a sub based game is standard because every P2P game does it. But this time, Zenimax says no free 30 days, we're gonna take $15 out of your bank.

What's going on here? I really don't want to fucking call them.

EDIT: It appears the charge is temporary. They did it for authorization purposes. It will not go through.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...-being-charged

Yes, sorry if I scared anyone. I know they don't really want the money right now - but you still have to have the cash when it's not a credit card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I haven't even heard of these issues before... but congratulations for making yourself look funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. I'm sure that WoW will eventually pull me back... but its not happening anytime soon. WoW, in my opinion, has lost its whole journey. Its lost its very soul. I have to say, I was kinda hyped at Blizzcon, but I should have expected that what they said were nothing but lies to generate an uber-hype for the fanboys. WoD is barely in its Alpha stage and the Beta is nowhere in sight. A company that cares about their shareholders, not its customers.

ESO, on the other hand... havent been excited like this in a long while.

Now go back to praising Blizzard.
    I love the game - or did. Man, after seeing those alpha notes, I want the April Fool's jokes to be the real patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    People going ape shit over an authorisation procedure lol.

I wonder what happens if you don't have the money just now, but will next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    People going ape shit over an authorisation procedure lol.

I wonder what happens if you don't have the money just now, but will next month.
    You lose access on the 8th. You have to have 14.99 in the account for it to authorize.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You know people, if you don't have $15 on your account to pay for the subscription of a game you've paid $40 to buy, then I don't think you're managing your finances adequately, nor should you be buying games like this. Instead you should spend your last remaining few pennies on food. Also, if you have the money, but just bought the game for one month of playing, then let them run the charge and it'll come back to you in 2-3 bank days, a week at most, and then cancel your subscription, uninstall the game, throw out the physical copy if you bought one, and never post in this thread again.

This is all just people being faced with something unprecedented (in that the amount is the full subscription fee) and throwing a hissy fit because of it. It's not a problem. If it's a problem for you, then perhaps you should take a good hard look at your life, and realize how good you have things.

Capitalists and their undying unwavering lust for a few measly pennies... I just don't get it.
    Oh, it's not that I'm poor. I thought I left $20 in my account (after paying bills, and rent, and buying groceries and other supplies (oh, and teso), and pulling some cash for myself) but I forget about those danged bank fees that hit on the first of the month. $8 a month just for a place for them to stick my pension, dag nab it.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-04 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You lose access on the 8th. You have to have 14.99 in the account for it to authorize.
    I guess that's the only sucky part, as it's meant to be free.

I would expect most people to have that amount anyway, and if you don't, maybe you shouldn't be wasting money on games.

I guess that's the only sucky part, as it's meant to be free.

I would expect most people to have that amount anyway, and if you don't, maybe you shouldn't be wasting money on games.
    It's just an authentication thing, not actually taking money away out of your account. I've done this sort of thing before when I used paypal with Blizz on a recurring basis (had quite a bit of cash sitting in there, and just let it fritter away for about ... three years.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    It's just an authentication thing, not actually taking money away out of your account. I've done this sort of thing before when I used paypal with Blizz on a recurring basis (had quite a bit of cash sitting in there, and just let it fritter away for about ... three years.)
    Yeah, I know that. Was saying it is kinda sucky that you need to have 14.99 in your account for it to authorise successfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a credit cart nor do I use PayPal.

I have always used iDeal as payment option. Hopefully Zeni allows me to use that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone.

I know I am somewhat infamous in this thread for raging on because my early access did not work.

Right shall be right. I never got my early access to work, but after redeeming my retail key, and my Explorer's Pack key, my account works just fine.

Must just have been a broken early access.

Sad thing is they wanted me to change password so now I use a annoying one and cannot change back, but fuck it - I got access to the game!

But the reason I pre-ordered it was because I could not play in the weekend but only during the working days Oh well, gotta look forward to monday!

Yeah, I know that. Was saying it is kinda sucky that you need to have 14.99 in your account for it to authorise successfully.
    Yeah, but that's how the system works, but others are right, it should just be a test penny (or currency equivalent). I guess it also helps to ask your bank for overdraught protection for one's account. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with how they're doing the charge is that yes, it falls off, but while it's on your account, if anything - anything at all - in the form of a debit or a check tries to clear, and you don't have enough funds in your account thanks to $14.99 being on hold, the transaction bounces. So you'll either be declined, or, if you're really unlucky, the bank will cover it and charge you a $35+ overdraft fee. Per item that bounces.

Now, I hear you saying, "omg, if you don't have $14.99 just lying around, you shouldn't be playing this game!" But, seriously, most people live paycheck-to-paycheck right now, which means planning out your transactions really closely. If you weren't expecting to pay this extra charge (because the box said the first 30 days were free!), then you probably didn't plan for this contingency. Meaning that you either aren't going to have the money to cover the hold or you're going to end up bouncing checks because you didn't realize there WOULD be a hold in the first place.

But I'm sure Zenimax will be happy to pay all of those overdraft fees. Uh huh. Sure.

I really don't understand why they are authorizing the ENTIRE amount instead of just $1. If all they need to know is that your credit card works, they have 0 need to hold the full amount.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    But, seriously, most people live paycheck-to-paycheck right now
    Not really. And the people who really have a tight wallet shouldn't be playing video games in the first place, or I must question their spending priorities.

All in all, I reallly don't see the big deal in this.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Not really. And the people who really have a tight wallet shouldn't be playing video games in the first place, or I must question their spending priorities.

All in all, I reallly don't see the big deal in this.
    Actually in a lot of countries they do. Welcome to the real world, enjoy your stay!

Really interested in this game tbh, but the high price (55 euros in holland) is really keeping me back atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking on the bright side, the postman should be knocking on my door in a couple of hours... hmm... Collectors Edition. You so lovely

Paid with paypal, they charged the money and instantly canceled it. And i totally agree that people who live from paycheck to paycheck and cant even afford temporary 15$ charge really should not be spending their money to video games.

Edit: ok what i dont like is that i subscribed like 10 hours ago got my 30 days, now its 10 hours later and it says i got 29 days left. I mean wtf why already one day is gone? It seems that they are using US time to determine how much days are left to account which kinda sux if you are European and subscribe at wrong time.
    Last edited by funyroger; 2014-04-04 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Paid with paypal, they charged the money and instantly canceled it. And i totally agree that people who live from paycheck to paycheck and cant even afford temporary 15$ charge really should not be spending their money to video games.
    But let me guess, if they spend it on:

Alcohol
    cigarettes
    weed
    whatever it's perfectly fine? double standards hooooo!

Deleted
    Anyone know anything about the morality system? I've noticed that quite a few quests gives you morality choices but none of them seem to reward you in terms of alignment. In fact there isn't even an alignment status bar in the game at the moment. I know this feature isn't fully implemented yet but as I have the option to choose it gets me wondering if the system is already active but hidden and if it does affect my character already now?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

Alcohol
    cigarettes
    weed
    Yeah... you gotta cover your essentials

No. Indd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Alcohol
    cigarettes
    weed
    Even when you can afford that stuff, you still want to prioritize the spending. I'm not worried, because I don't even have to re-deposit the cash I have on me. This happens to coincide with quarterly GST repayments. I don't have to do squat but wait, and with this extended grace period, I shouldn't have any problem.

And then I'm just talking about _my_ money. I don't include my husband's in the equation. I'm not broke, but as I don't demand he pay outright his half of stuff, I deliberately limit myself on spending.

I think it's just the full-charge thing that caught a lot of people by surprise, and, we were not prepared.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-04 at 09:16 AM.

Alcohol
    cigarettes
    weed
    Huh? When did i say that? If people live from paycheck to paycheck, spending money on weed would be just as bad financial decision as spending it on video games.