Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not sure if you have tried or not but ESO has tab target also and IIRC some type of auto aim.
    I know that, which is why I put action in quotes. Games like ESO, WildStar and GW2 are more hybrid than true action combat. Although they do feel action oriented instead of regular old tab/target.

Deleted
    Anyone else having trouble with loading screens sometimes since yesterday?
    Occasionally i get stuck on loading screens that never finish loading, closing the game and retrying 2 times fixes this, but it gets annoying after awhile =(

Only issue I had with loading screens was with Harborage (the main questline). I eventually had to hard close the game as it was just hanging on the loading screen.

the one thing i hope they don't do when they make an expansion, is what swtor did with makeb. tune the new area or lands you level in as if everyone has the best gear in game going into it. makeb was soooooo unfun because of that.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you have tried or not but ESO has tab target also and IIRC some type of auto aim.
    No, it's target locking. Not TAB targeting. You point cross-hair at a target and press TAB - it gets locked.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the one thing i hope they don't do when they make an expansion, is what swtor did with makeb. tune the new area or lands you level in as if everyone has the best gear in game going into it. makeb was soooooo unfun because of that.
    Really? I never did any raiding or hard mode flashpoints in SWTOR and I LOVED the difficulty of Makeb. Was the best in the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Really? I never did any raiding or hard mode flashpoints in SWTOR and I LOVED the difficulty of Makeb. Was the best in the game imo.
    didn't you get a free set of gear for level appropriate characters for Makeb? I thought I remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    didn't you get a free set of gear for level appropriate characters for Makeb? I thought I remember that.
    If its the one I remember it was like a set of green gear.

i only like it when it ramps up from the beginning. there's a steady increase as you level, but makeb breaks that steady increase and makes it feel tedious and terribly unfun. and yes, they gave a set of gear, but it was the lowest tier and was weak.

from what i'm seeing in ESO, there's a steady curve as well, which is fine. i just don't want them to shatter that curve with a 90 degree angle.

personally, i prefer easier games. as i view gaming as something to just mess with when i'm bored or to help me chill after a bad day. difficult games don't help with that, but ESO is pretty fun because it's really not difficult, just can't be a tard and stand in bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, it's target locking. Not TAB targeting. You point cross-hair at a target and press TAB - it gets locked.
    Crosshairs have nothing to do with it. Your character will automatically target whatever is in front and closest.

Deleted
    my questf or tonight : get into Cyrodil and last 5mins before it breaks!

Erm. when the NA server went down this morning, I left my Ranged NB Black Lion (NA) in cheesemonger's hollow. I had no problem killing that wave of monsters this time.

I quit the game before I became the Puppy Killer. Now I'm in the Mage's guildhall, with no guild Sheogorath quest to port back to. WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i only like it when it ramps up from the beginning. there's a steady increase as you level, but makeb breaks that steady increase and makes it feel tedious and terribly unfun. and yes, they gave a set of gear, but it was the lowest tier and was weak.

from what i'm seeing in ESO, there's a steady curve as well, which is fine. i just don't want them to shatter that curve with a 90 degree angle.

personally, i prefer easier games. as i view gaming as something to just mess with when i'm bored or to help me chill after a bad day. difficult games don't help with that, but ESO is pretty fun because it's really not difficult, just can't be a tard and stand in bad stuff.
    I wish I could upvote that. I know damn well that most of my issues are related to being a tard who can't get dodging while shooting down pat quite yet. But those casters seem to hit no matter how much I double-tap dodge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crosshairs have nothing to do with it. Your character will automatically target whatever is in front and closest.
    As someone who has been playing a ranged character, I can safely say this is completely false.

As someone who has been playing a ranged character, I can safely say this is completely false.
    Yep, this is completely false as a melee as well. Your abilities will target your current target and will attack the last one you targeted only if you are currently targeting nothing.
    Also this breaks if you move the cross hairs very far from your target.

Deleted
    Hmm, two ending loading screens today. But for once I am quite happy with it, I was doing this really interesting quest but it just kept going on and on and on for over an hour while I should really go to bed. Now with these loading screens I stopped bothering and I can finnaly sleep.

Sometimes these problems are helpfull . Good night all.

Deleted
    I have to say, questing is brilliant. It's handled in a mature way, it's not TOO cheesy, immersive, and quest chains keep you glued in. I just managed to get to mournhold now. Early deeshan was incredible. Couldn't do anything else.

So glad I didn't waste time or money on a game that couldn't fix a dupe bug they knew about since alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So glad I didn't waste time or money on a game that couldn't fix a dupe bug they knew about since alpha.
    You didn't buy world of warcraft?
    huehuehue duping bugs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    huehuehue duping bugs.
    Yeah dude me and everyone else have billions in our bank. You do too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    huehuehue duping bugs.
    There is this awesome ignore feature on mmo champ :P