Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I heard we get a new mount with craglorn. Is it another horse? What's different about it?
    Maybe it has +3 in every stats ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    You are given this ability by a daedric prince you can't expect it to be anything but literal
    Which makes it all the worse from a lore PoV...

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    But the problem this time is the VAST focus on lore and immersion in ESO.
    SWTOR does this too. They have fully voiced and animated cutscenes for every single quest, and build up overarching stories that are constantly referencing previous events. I can't imagine the hell that lore fans would raise if they had to take their Jedi and go and kill other Jedi as part of the Sith storyline in order to progress in the game. Like, I'd be surprised if BioWare's Austin office wasn't assaulted by angry lorenerds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems timecards are available on Amazon now, I ordered one, hopefully I'll get to actually play now...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which makes it all the worse from a lore PoV...
    Have you ever played an elder scrolls game? It's very much the roman/greek approach to gods, in that you as a mortal are just a plaything of the aedra and daedra, not to mention the fact that you were always able to just go ahead and do what you want, even if that means you gimp youself. Also, besides some defense quests most of the quests I've encountered to far are more along the lines of "help these people" and "bring stability to the faction". For all of that the pragmatic approach of tingling the world and bringing balance seems quite all right tbh. The whole lore thing get's muddled anyway because of the mmo part of the game. At least for me, "IIxII - DJ Poo'poo - IIxII" is more of an immersion brreaker than being able to do quests on my one main character.

The whole faction thing with the idealising of nationalism has never sat too well with me anyway. To this day I hate the descision between imperial army and storm cloaks in skyrim. If it weren't for the hinted important battle at the horizon that required a united empire of man against the mer I would still feel guilty to take either side.

I'm also way more saddened that we didn't get to sea the actual summer set isles :/. Maybe they will do something later here.

Edit: I guess you can't get VR levels in PvP eh? Maybe they should have allowed that, so people can stick to their nationalistic fantasies. Here in a world with more believable political conflict it might actually work better from a lore PoV than it does in WoW.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-04-22 at 05:43 AM.

Angry joe review which is spot on. This game will forever be stuck in a beta state, and it shows.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

This guy seems like a whiny bitch who has never played an mmo before.

Well he is known for being over the top in his reviews plus I think he has said he isn't a fan of mmos.

This guy seems like a whiny bitch who has never played an mmo before.
    He's reviewed quite a few mmo's, as they're on his channel.

FF to 34:00 if you want the final verdict on the game, he explains his dislikes and why he chose them.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

a whiny bitch
    Yup, that would be Angry Joe. He occasionally makes good points but all in all he is just a whiny bitch.

That said, he seems like a good representative of the gaming community as a whole, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he needs to lay off using the green screen. I can see the trailing green artifact so easily.

I don't really care about him so eh.

Every response to the Angry Joe review on this thread has called him a whiny bitch, and criticized everything but the actual review itself.

Looks like everything is in order here at the ESO thread.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Every response to the Angry Joe review on this thread has called him a whiny bitch, and criticized everything but the actual review itself.

Well I agree with a lot of his points but his persona is pretty damn whiny. I imagine a lot of people like that about him though. I find him a bit over the top myself, I prefer someone like Adam Sessler for game reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I can't take anyone seriously who cries about a mount being too expensive.

I can't take anyone seriously who cries about a mount being too expensive.
    Didn't a ton of people complain about the price of the first mount in ESO though? I remember reading grumbling about it quite a bit throughout the beta.

well mounts do seem on the pricey side. The initial ones at 17k gold and I barely have 5k gold at level 15. But I'm not too bothered by it (haven't tried pvp, might be more essential there). The difference in speeds for running and using a mount don't seem to be that great anyway.

Getting a mount should be a milestone for your character, he has a whiny entitled attitude that most mmo players seem to have nowadays where they want everything in the game handed to them in the first 3 hours. I've been reading some comments about his review elsewhere. Some said they watched him stream when he was compiling the review and he would skip through all quest dialog. It's amusing that he said he loves voice acted mmo's but how would he when he skips it all?

I also heard he gave gw2 a 10/10 so any doubts I had at this guy being a complete joke are completely gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well mounts do seem on the pricey side. The initial ones at 17k gold and I barely have 5k gold at level 15. But I'm not too bothered by it (haven't tried pvp, might be more essential there). The difference in speeds for running and using a mount don't seem to be that great anyway.
    It isn't until you spend 50 days leveling your mount up.

17k isn't a huge price, cash comes hot and heavy as you keep leveling, I've spent over 150k on bag/bank upgrades, not to mention feeding my mount every day. And I respecced once I hit 50 (which was another 22k gold)...
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't a ton of people complain about the price of the first mount in ESO though? I remember reading grumbling about it quite a bit throughout the beta.
    Yeah they sure did, not sure why though, Not really that expensive but probably seems more so because people don't have a proper AH to turn to. I however, got the first mount around level 25 and the higher stat mount at 42, by selling mostly everything to vendors. The levels that i got the mounts is pretty close to other mmo's that level gate their mounts, So i don't really see the problem. In fact i remember in early BC farming near 600g-1k for my mount back in a day, Just people are afraid of putting in a bit of work it seems.

I think it's was a mistake of them rushing The Elder Scrolls online, they shouldn't had built the game on the HeroEngine (it is a bad engine to build something on, in my opinion). Plus these very serious bugs that has been reported several times since beta is still being exploited, not hotfixed. Real shame.

Pretty sure the first mount is expensive to 'encourage' you to buy the imperial edition or that horse they have for sale in the cash shop.