Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Pretty sure the first mount is expensive to 'encourage' you to buy the imperial edition or that horse they have for sale in the cash shop.
    The cash shop horse was added as a response to people that were whining in the closed (open) beta weekends that the mounts were too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I think it's was a mistake of them rushing The Elder Scrolls online, they shouldn't had built the game on the HeroEngine (it is a bad engine to build something on, in my opinion). Plus these very serious bugs that has been reported several times since beta is still being exploited, not hotfixed. Real shame.
    It doesn't use the HeroEngine

I don't see why people are upset over how much mounts cost i had 50k by the time I was level 20 just have to do a tad bit of trading.

I think it's was a mistake of them rushing The Elder Scrolls online, they shouldn't had built the game on the HeroEngine (it is a bad engine to build something on, in my opinion). Plus these very serious bugs that has been reported several times since beta is still being exploited, not hotfixed. Real shame.
    It. Doesn't. Use. The. Hero. Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It doesn't use the HeroEngine
    I wonder why there is a heroengine splash screen when I first installed the game is it for the installer or something? seems odd to me
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-04-22 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    Got any source about that? I swear I saw a hero engine splash screen when I installed this game.
    Hero engine was for testing only. They. Don't. Use. The. Hero. Engine.

I wonder why there is a heroengine splash screen when I first installed the game is it for the installer or something? seems odd to me
    The Hero Engine was used as a base point nothing more.

I personally agree with Angry Joes review and all the points he made with it. I feel the game dose not know if it wants to be a MMO or a SP title and its a Poor TES title.

I personally feel give the game any other name and it would bomb on day one. The name sold the game in my opinion. But hey if you enjoy it then enjoy it I just feel its a Poor MMO and a Poor TES title.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They licensed it to use for testing out ideas while they built their internal engine. There are two likely scenarios that would lead to this.

1. As part of their licensing agreement with the Hero Engine folks, they'd put the logo in the startup for the game. Since it was used during the development of the game and all.

2. They are using some technology from the Hero Engine bolted onto to their engine, which is not at all uncommon for games to do.

I don't see why people are upset over how much mounts cost i had 50k by the time I was level 20 just have to do a tad bit of trading.
    Holy crap you had to talk to people in an mmo? So what you're saying is, getting 2g off a mob means nothing if you're social? Amazing.

Deleted
    I'm a bit let down by the trading system and trying to make money. Having to belong to trading guilds seems idiotic to me in the first place, but you're kind of SoL if you didn't get in the bigger, more active ones straight off the bat, since they're all full now. The channels are, of course, useless.

I'm sure the concept of having a guild store was awesome when they came up with it, but I don't think they realized people would just fill up trading guilds that aren't really even guilds per se, just for the purpose of trading.

Oh well. I guess I don't need money. Vendors are going to love all the cool shit I find.

AH now that is all cleared up

Now on to the angry joe video I don't agree with his thoughts on the public dungeons I like it when people randomly burst in and join the fray just not when they turn out to be a a roaming mass of templar bots. I do agree with his thought about the imperial race being behind a paywall it's kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroEngine

Games developed using HeroEngine
    Released
    Faxion Online (2011) - UTV Ignition Entertainment
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011) - BioWare[10]
    Elder Scrolls Online (2014) - Bethesda

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm a bit let down by the trading system and trying to make money. Having to belong to trading guilds seems idiotic to me in the first place, but you're kind of SoL if you didn't get in the bigger, more active ones straight off the bat, since they're all full now. The channels are, of course, useless.

I'm sure the concept of having a guild store was awesome when they came up with it, but I don't think they realized people would just fill up trading guilds that aren't really even guilds per se, just for the purpose of trading.

Oh well. I guess I don't need money. Vendors are going to love all the cool shit I find.
    Guilds that are able to capture and keep keeps can setup their AH in the keep.

I don't think it was meant to be 'trading guilds', but rather have a guild take over a couple keeps in a specific campaign and open their AH up to other players.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Released
    LOL wiki. Did you even read the link you quoted?

Edit: Also, just so you know, your wiki proof has no source attached to that.
    Last edited by Disciples; 2014-04-22 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    LOL wiki. Did you even read the link you quoted?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online
    Engine: Custom, well custom.. yes, it was built on HeroEngine and they made customizations to it, but it's still built on HeroEngine.
    No one call their own engine "custom". They had to start somewhere, and they started on HeroEngine and I think that's a shame.
    But it's my personal opinion, let's leave it at that.

Released
    That Wikipedia entry is incorrect then. ZMO have clarified on multiple occasions that they used it only to test out ideas during development while their engineers worked on finishing their in-house engine.

I mean, I don't know what to tell you, I provided a link where the game director himself very plainly stated that it would not be the engine that powers the final version of the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online
    Engine: Custom, well custom.. yes, it was built on HeroEngine and they made customizations to it, but it's still built on HeroEngine.
    No one call their own engine "custom". They had to start somewhere, and they started on HeroEngine and I think that's a shame.
    But it's my personal opinion, let's leave it at that.
    Read the citation for the "custom" engine, it links back to...The article I just linked! : D : D

It is not built on the Hero Engine. Your opinion is wrong. Please just accept it. Unless ZMO comes out tomorrow and says, "Sorry guys, we actually did go with the Hero Engine and not our in-house engine." then you will not be correct.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-04-22 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Holy crap you had to talk to people in an mmo? So what you're saying is, getting 2g off a mob means nothing if you're social? Amazing.
    He has a lot of other points but I guess they are all legit, because everyone talks about the mount price.

Deleted
    Guilds that are able to capture and keep keeps can setup their AH in the keep.

I don't think it was meant to be 'trading guilds', but rather have a guild take over a couple keeps in a specific campaign and open their AH up to other players.
    I don't think having to belong to one of the few good guilds who dominate PvP on the megaserver is any less idiotic as far as being a requirement for trading and amassing wealth goes, than having to belong to a trading guild. But hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't think having to belong to one of the few good guilds who dominate PvP on the megaserver is any less idiotic as far as being a requirement for trading and amassing wealth goes, than having to belong to a trading guild. But hey, that's just me.
    The mechanics are there, and it seems to me to be intended, that the 'good' PvP guilds can open up their AH's to everyone else.

That said, I don't really like the system myself. I just don't think 'trading guilds' were an intended mechanic, although why it wasn't expected is beyond me, since they let you be in 5 guilds at once.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Re: Angry Joe

That would be his third 'review/impressions' video on ESO at this point. The first one was a disgrace and in the second one he did a complete 180. I'm guessing he went back to disgrace mode, not that I see how anyone could take him seriously after his extreme waffling on the game. I'm not even going to deign that video a view, he doesn't deserve it. Honestly, he's one of the worst video game "reviewers" I've ever seen. Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Liirin View Post
    Lane, I miss your kitty avatar!!! :P
    Aw! I figured it was time for a change since I'd used it I think for the entirety of the time I played GW2. I just need Jinx to cooperate and give me a good/new picture to use.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson