Honestly I don't put to much faith in that whole application rating meter system. Frankly it sounds like a load of shit. I could make up whatever and get an excellent.

Kukuku okay my app is in, thanks for the help guys and good luck to you guys too. (Obviously I can't post if I get in, but hehe I thought my essay part of the app was pretty outstanding.)

Okay bye before I get sued.

Deleted
    I wish we'd get some more news. Has anyone seen a recent Frior interview or anything these past days to a week? I've completely missed it if anything's popped up =/

I admit I joined a guild pretty quickly this time which is a first. But I like the group of people in the guild I picked and have a lot of fun posting in the thread on the official forums. I am pretty sure that's why the guilds are out now, so that people can have others to play with at launch. If you join a guild now, you can get to know your guildies.

I don't think the chances of getting picked thing on the beta app is all the accurate. It just indicates how completely you filled out your application. The devs said in some recent interview (I don't recall which one) that they will most likely be selecting experienced beta testers the first go round. Sadly, that leaves out most of us, even if we beta tested MoP.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-08 at 01:06 PM.

I hate joining guilds before the game comes out, because the people who populate those guilds are so hyped up about the game and are really several times more "into it" than I am. The kind of people who obsess over lore and making alts and roleplaying and OMG IM GONNA PWN SO MANY PPLZ but when they play the game they aren't really as good as they may have led you to believe. Not that those people are bad people to be friends with, they're just not my cup of tea (and I'm sure I'm not theirs either). I just want to be chill about the game, make friends as I go along, make enemies as I go along, hate it, like it, whatever. Pre-guild feels like getting engaged before you meet your fiance.

I mean even if you join a PVP focused guild. You end up with half of the people who signed up never actually buying the game, another quarter of people never playing the game for longer than a week, about a quarter of them who don't seem to understand the concept of an MMO, and a tiny, impossible fraction that shouldn't exist by my count that know what they're doing. Like, I know people like that will exist, but I'm not playing my game to coddle you guys, alright, I just want to have fun and find people who think the same way I do, and most of the time, those guys are going to be a bit more cautious about the game, and thus aren't jumping on any pre-guild boats.

Not to mention that people who are looking to join a guild so early on might have personal agendas that I'm not interested in catering ("oh yes join a guild so I can leech off every little aspect that I can off them".)

Same thing happened with TOR and GW2 for me, not gonna do it for TESO.

But that might just be me. I'm not much of a people person, for both my sake and most people...
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-02-08 at 03:43 PM.

Back to the issue with the Emperor,
    The best PvPer is the Emperor of Tamriel. I wonder how much actual power said player could then have in the game.
    Fair warning, there is a reason all console games no longer allow group leaders in random matchmaking, where one person in the group has power to say if you can or cannot play the game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 11:00 AM ----------

I also wonder if you could play with a controller, since you only get 6 spells to use at a time. It would make some sense that using a controller could be more useful than a keyboard assuming you are using a third party software for voice comm.

Have the beta invitation already started?

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Back to the issue with the Emperor,
    The best PvPer is the Emperor of Tamriel. I wonder how much actual power said player could then have in the game.
    Fair warning, there is a reason all console games no longer allow group leaders in random matchmaking, where one person in the group has power to say if you can or cannot play the game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 11:00 AM ----------

I also wonder if you could play with a controller, since you only get 6 spells to use at a time. It would make some sense that using a controller could be more useful than a keyboard assuming you are using a third party software for voice comm.
    Controller will never be better than keyboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Controller will never be better than keyboard.
    Let's steer clear of that discussion as it will ultimately lead to the usual PC vs. Console debate and the outcome is never pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Let's steer clear of that discussion as it will ultimately lead to the usual PC vs. Console debate and the outcome is never pretty.
    Let's steer clear of ever discussing anything because people have different opinions and a little flower may have its feelings hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Yea. Some people just prefer using controllers.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    Have the beta invitation already started?
    Nope, keep an eye on their twitter. We'll probably get notification there when it starts. People shouldn't, if they follow the NDA, let people know if they get in so this'll be a poor place to ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Let's steer clear of ever discussing anything because people have different opinions and a little flower may have its feelings hurt.
    Some discussions are not useful or meaningful, as well as it leading into a deeper debate that isn't really related to ESO. Unless we're just talking about a console adaptation of ESO that may come afters, but that would involve more than your command input preference.

No one is going to argue another person into believing that keyboards are better than the controller or vice versa. Argue things that require reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea. Some people just prefer using controllers.
    i personally love being able to have my camera separate from my attack or movement path(not something unique to pads mind you).
    and the non-digital 360 degree movement is a nice thing too, now if only tera had thought to add that...
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-02-08 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Some discussions are not useful or meaningful, as well as it leading into a deeper debate that isn't really related to ESO. Unless we're just talking about a console adaptation of ESO that may come afters, but that would involve more than your command input preference.

No one is going to argue another person into believing that keyboards are better than the controller or vice versa. Argue things that require reason.
    Because discussing speculations that aren't based on anything (most of what I've read so far) is?

Because discussing speculations that aren't based on anything (most of what I've read so far) is?
    When it deals with ESO? Yes, discussing speculations is meaningful because that's all we can do. But "discussing" whether a keyboard+mouse is better than a controller is not because it has nothing to do with ESO and should go to its own thread so that can be locked instead of this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i for one will be playing with a controller , i dont care if its less pro, i play skyrim with a controller and much prefer it to gamepad + mouse. Its all about personal preference. Thats if they allow that option, pretty sure they will.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the only reason a controller wouldn't be a viable option is if there are a lot of hotkeys. Sure, you can tap the keyboard for them, but in something like WoW, manye classes are using a lot of hotkeys and can't just reach off a controller to hit them. Using something like a "spell wheel" to swap between spells works for some games, but it's mostly single-player games where the game will pause when you're in the wheel. In an MMO that doesn't work as well.

I think it's a perfectly viable option that the game will be playable with a controller, but it depends on how the actual gameplay ends up being laid out
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    That felt pretty uncalled for..

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I think the only reason a controller wouldn't be a viable option is if there are a lot of hotkeys. Sure, you can tap the keyboard for them, but in something like WoW, manye classes are using a lot of hotkeys and can't just reach off a controller to hit them. Using something like a "spell wheel" to swap between spells works for some games, but it's mostly single-player games where the game will pause when you're in the wheel. In an MMO that doesn't work as well.

I think it's a perfectly viable option that the game will be playable with a controller, but it depends on how the actual gameplay ends up being laid out
    You have to remember that TESO is going for limited spells. I think its basically Left and Right mouse, 4 Skills, and a Elite skill. thats what? Left/Right trigger, YXAB/or PS3 Equiv, and your elite could be the buttons in the back? I think its perfect for console.