Noticed a strange little quirk in the character selection. If you click and drag on your character and then quickly release it'll start spinning fast and gradually lose momentum. Not very strange in itself, but right afterwards this action seems to trigger emotes from your character. Mostly ones suggesting disapproval or dizziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Noticed a strange little quirk in the character selection. If you click and drag on your character and then quickly release it'll start spinning fast and gradually lose momentum. Not very strange in itself, but right afterwards this action seems to trigger emotes from your character. Mostly ones suggesting disapproval or dizziness.
    Yeah! That is pretty cool, isn't it? I like how the different races react. I think my female boomer gets really upset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Wooo, time for the game to begin! Finally level 50!
    gave fun with the endgame ...questing?

Coldharbour question...

If you choose the lamias the elf girl says she'll still join you if you don't kill any of her people. Well, I didn't, but I haven't seen her since. The lamias did kill all the elven elders though, so does that make our deal null and void?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

No she joined me. I also chose the Lamias. They're cute.

I really really really disliked the beta for this game. I tried to play a few different times and each would end in just utter boredom. I felt the UI was lacking, mechanics were buggy/nonsensical, and the skill progression seemed shallow.

Fortunately, I had some friends tell me they were picking it up a few weeks after release and asked me to join them. I did, I always enjoy gaming with friends regardless of the game, and I am glad I did. I feel that I judged the game too quickly. After throwing in a few UI enhancement addons, I found that I really like the exploration factor to the game rather than being handheld from hub to hub, the build variations are far larger than I thought they would be, and combat feels much better than a traditional hotkey mmo. Now that I have done a few dungeons, I can't imagine playing a game with just static tank/healer/dps groups. Playing a heal/dps hybrid that has to actively dodge and kite is much more engaging. I'm glad I gave the game the proper chance it deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    I really really really disliked the beta for this game. I tried to play a few different times and each would end in just utter boredom. I felt the UI was lacking, mechanics were buggy/nonsensical, and the skill progression seemed shallow.

Fortunately, I had some friends tell me they were picking it up a few weeks after release and asked me to join them. I did, I always enjoy gaming with friends regardless of the game, and I am glad I did. I feel that I judged the game too quickly. After throwing in a few UI enhancement addons, I found that I really like the exploration factor to the game rather than being handheld from hub to hub, the build variations are far larger than I thought they would be, and combat feels much better than a traditional hotkey mmo. Now that I have done a few dungeons, I can't imagine playing a game with just static tank/healer/dps groups. Playing a heal/dps hybrid that has to actively dodge and kite is much more engaging. I'm glad I gave the game the proper chance it deserves.
    Welcome to the dark side. Sorry, I ate all the cookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post

I am glad you like it. I keep finding new things I like about this game almost every day. It feels very deep to me.

•••••

As a side note; what exactly is the lore behind the relationship of vampires and basically everyone else.

I mean, I get why say players who are vampires are not chased out of cities as that would not work for gameplay. But NPC's in ESO in general don't like vampires right? They don't accept them? The thing is I just saw something that confused me. One of the random npc's in the fighters guild was a vampire. Very strange. And yes it definitely was a npc, not another player.
    Last edited by BrokenRavens; 2014-05-18 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post

As a side note; what exactly is the lore behind the relationship of vampires and basically everyone else.

I mean, I get why say players who are vampires are not chased out of cities as that would not work for gameplay. But NPC's in ESO in general don't like vampires right? They don't accept them? The thing is I just saw something that confused me. One of the random npc's in the fighters guild was a vampire. Very strange. And yes it definitely was a npc, not another player.
    Vampires are very much hated and persecuted throughout Tamriel. You have 2 groups of vampires, the "feral" ones that are hostile to everyone else and live away from society in ruins, caves etc and then you have the vampires that are "integrated" into society. The latter keep their vampirism secret by feeding regularly so they look as slightly paler regular people. If they are discovered usually the rest of the community goes full witch-hunt mode on them. In the single player games if you reach a high enough stage of vampirism most NPCs become hostile to you and attack you on sight.

Link to lore article: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampire
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-05-18 at 07:41 AM.

Do we have any links to the craglorn runs from yesterday evening? Managed to miss them
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Vampires are very much hated and persecuted throughout Tamriel. You have 2 groups of vampires, the "feral" ones that are hostile to everyone else and live away from society in ruins, caves etc and then you have the vampires that are "integrated" into society. The latter keep their vampirism secret by feeding regularly so they look as slightly paler regular people. If they are discovered usually the rest of the community goes full witch-hunt mode on them. In the single player games if you reach a high enough stage of vampirism most NPCs become hostile to you and attack you on sight.

Pretty much nailed it here. Which is kinda why I dislike the way vampires are done in ESO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Pretty much nailed it here. Which is kinda why I dislike the way vampires are done in ESO.
    Yup , they could have made it soo much more. I.e NPC noticing vampires based on there skin etc and commentating about it. also guards chasing them if caught at later stages when they havnt fed for awhile. Should be friendly ampire covenants scattered around where the player could go for supplies/crafting/sellling etc. If they implemented it sort of like that id have made a vampire character alt , but im not going to create one just because they are OP or w/e .

as for ww , they should could have done something similar to skyrim where they comment on your smell

Deleted
    Btw I wonder, have there been any updates to Craglorn so far on the pts? Wonder if they are still fixing things over there and putting it in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post

Well, he was noticeably a vampire, but I would not consider the npc feral. Here is a screenshot (cropped to reduce any spoilers), I should have posted it last night. This location where this pic was taken was just outside the Earth Forge, the first time you go.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Btw I wonder, have there been any updates to Craglorn so far on the pts? Wonder if they are still fixing things over there and putting it in the patch notes.
    Well they (ZOS) had streams going on of different guilds doing runs through the "Trails". I did not watch them myself, but maybe they might interest you?

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...druns?ref=home

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Well, he was noticeably a vampire, but I would not consider the npc feral. Here is a screenshot (cropped to reduce any spoilers), I should have posted it last night. This location where this pic was taken was just outside the Earth Forge, the first time you go.
    <snip>

Well they (ZOS) had streams going on of different guilds doing runs through the "Trails". I did not watch them myself, but maybe they might interest you?

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...druns?ref=home
    I can't seem to find any recordings of the streams at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Yup , they could have made it soo much more. I.e NPC noticing vampires based on there skin etc and commentating about it. also guards chasing them if caught at later stages when they havnt fed for awhile. Should be friendly ampire covenants scattered around where the player could go for supplies/crafting/sellling etc. If they implemented it sort of like that id have made a vampire character alt , but im not going to create one just because they are OP or w/e .

as for ww , they should could have done something similar to skyrim where they comment on your smell
    I have an alt that just got bitten by the npc bloodfiend. I am trying to level asap so I can do the vampire quest chain. (I am told the initial bite does not last or something? 6 days? But I do not see any type of timer so I don't know.) I have no idea how people can do this vampire chain at level 20 or so, all my spells keep missing the high level mobs, and I am level 25.

If it is true that there is no npc comments about being a vampire, that will be disappointing, but I am sure there HAS to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive rant incoming, get ur popcorn and 3D glasses ready.

I'm about to give up with this VR content bullshit. I'm trying to enjoy it but I can't, I just can't do it son. You think you're finally done with leveling after Coldharbour, but nooooope. It gets 10x worse after you've left Coldharbour.

I finally completed Glenumbra after a week and a half of pure frustration and many 1k+ repair bills, now I'm in Stormhaven and the first couple of quests already send you over to areas with packs of 3 to 4 mobs that wreck you. I literally see my health bar of 2.5k HP just drop in seconds. Even running away is no option, as you will just get snared and CC spammed. I really don't know how a non-tanky and/or non-massive-self-healing build can survive this. I seriously got my ass handed to me by a pack of 3 scamps who just kept spamming fireballs on me. Hey, Reflective Scale works well enough, I know, but my little 1.1k magicka pool has to run out sometime.

Really disliking this VR horseshit. Imagine if you reach level 90 on WoW, and if WoD would have 10 extra "VR" levels. You would then be sent to the Horde areas with an unbalanced and very high difficulty, and then be forced to grind re-skinned quests until your brain starts to explode. Don't like quests? Well, you can always grind VR dungeons all day long and hope you've gained a VR level by the end of the day.

Seriously I'd like to meet the motherfucker that thought it'd be a good idea to explore and be forced to do the other 2 faction's quests and zones, and shove a broom up his arsehole. I had plans for creating alts, but now that you're getting to see your enemies zones anyway... it kinda removes the point and also removes the fun of creating alts in the other 2 factions.

And at the moment the future doesn't look bright to anyone that doesn't like grinding. Craglorn will have another 5 VR levels so VR10-15 will probably be the same amount of grinding that you had to do from VR1-10.

EU servers still in the US. PvP is unplayable when medium to large sized groups clash on the battlefield. I don't remember having this shit in beta, hell, most of my PvP experience in the beta was actually stable.

But since PvE atm frustrates the hell outta me... back to Cyrodiil it is!
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I can't seem to find any recordings of the streams at the moment
    I think I just found some. Reddit seems to be the place to go for these types of things.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...s_vod_request/

I don't know I keep checking here on MMO-C. This mega thread is so awkward to find any good info. I just like the regular posters here I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Massive rant incoming, get ur popcorn and 3D glasses ready.

I'm about to give up with this VR content bullshit. I'm trying to enjoy it but I can't, I just can't do it son. You think you're finally done with leveling after Coldharbour, but nooooope. It gets 10x worse after you've left Coldharbour.

I finally completed Glenumbra after a week and a half of pure frustration and many 1k+ repair bills, now I'm in Stormhaven and the first couple of quests already send you over to areas with packs of 3 to 4 mobs that wreck you. I literally see my health bar of 2.5k HP just drop in seconds. Even running away is no option, as you will just get snared and CC spammed. I really don't know how a non-tanky and/or non-massive-self-healing build can survive this. I seriously got my ass handed to me by a pack of 3 scamps who just kept spamming fireballs on me. Hey, Reflective Scale works well enough, I know, but my little 1.1k magicka pool has to run out sometime.

Really disliking this VR horseshit. Imagine if you reach level 90 on WoW, and if WoD would have 10 extra "VR" levels. You would then be sent to the Horde areas with an unbalanced and very high difficulty, and then be forced to grind re-skinned quests until your brain starts to explode. Don't like quests? Well, you can always grind VR dungeons all day long and hope you've gained a VR level by the end of the day.

Seriously I'd like to meet the motherfucker that thought it'd be a good idea to explore and be forced to do the other 2 faction's quests and zones, and shove a broom up his arsehole. I had plans for creating alts, but now that you're getting to see your enemies zones anyway... it kinda removes the point and also removes the fun of creating alts in the other 2 factions.

And at the moment the future doesn't look bright to anyone that doesn't like grinding. Craglorn will have another 5 VR levels so VR10-15 will probably be the same amount of grinding that you had to do from VR1-10.

EU servers still in the US. PvP is unplayable when medium to large sized groups clash on the battlefield. I don't remember having this shit in beta, hell, most of my PvP experience in the beta was actually stable.

But since PvE atm frustrates the hell outta me... back to Cyrodiil it is!
    Dude, I know what you mean. My nightblade is stuck at VR7 right now and is going nowhere. I can't make enough gold to keep up with repairs. For me though it's more about broken abilities that pretty much make my build unusable right now. It's insane really. A 2 mob group I can take down with no issues. never hit 50% health. Throw in a 3rd mob in there, and I get my face ripped off. And from what I am hearing, these issues won't be fixed till 1.2 which is the patch AFTER Craglorn... So, I rolled a Dragonknight alt so I can just faceroll everything. Using this one as a guide:

This is a VR dungeon btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Dude, I know what you mean. My nightblade is stuck at VR7 right now and is going nowhere. I can't make enough gold to keep up with repairs. For me though it's more about broken abilities that pretty much make my build unusable right now. It's insane really. A 2 mob group I can take down with no issues. never hit 50% health. Throw in a 3rd mob in there, and I get my face ripped off. And from what I am hearing, these issues won't be fixed till 1.2 which is the patch AFTER Craglorn... So, I rolled a Dragonknight alt so I can just faceroll everything. Using this one as a guide:

This is a VR dungeon btw...
    They really need to buff Nightblades. I feel they are the weakest class atm.That or nerf the heck out of DKs and Sorcs, but noone likes a nerf.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals