Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    So why do the bots always just rock up to stuff and "biting jab" it to death?
    Because they are either Altmer or Breton?

Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    But... but... I have a comedy named Argonian Templar! (Runs-Wiith-Scissors, has a missing eye and facial scars )
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    If studios just stopped developing competing games trying to carve out a share of the market or developing MMOs in the current standard format, we wouldn't have games like WoW at all. Back when EQ,DC DAoC were ruling the MMO landscape, no one expected great things from WoW nor did WoW's launch or initial bug ridden few months help to reassure people. But they stuck with it and came out as a powerhouse in the end.
    WoW is finally what got me to try MMO's. I had tried MUD's before but I was too lazy for them. I recall seeing the box in a mall store display and figuring I would give it a shot since I liked playing orcs in warcraft. Had it all installed and ready to go for launch day too. Man those first few weeks were rough. WoW pretty much began exploding immediately as far as I recall. I knew it was going to be ridiculously huge when even NPR did a piece on it.

Most of the studios had you mentioned either suffered from a lack of blockbuster licenses to base their MMO on or were handcuffed by parent companies and put out a less than AAA game. BioWare was on it's way down ever since being sold to the horrible beast known as EA and SWTOR ended up disappointing many people for many reasons. They are still alive and kicking and seem to be on the way back up with DA3 and ME4 in the works. ZOS could suffer from ESO's success or lack there of, but it's drop in a bucket for ZM.
    I would disagree that TOR or WAR was handcuffed by EA. Pushed out the door to soon perhaps but a lack of resources was never an issue. TOR pretty much had a blank check. They mostly appeared to suffer from a flawed design, as evidenced by their retention issues after launch, and poor management during development, Rich gave a pretty blunt presentation about their problems during TOR's development during a GDC a couple of years ago.

I'd certainly expect negativity or "reporting the facts" on a website dedicated to a competing company/game, especially if the website was solely dedicated to that one game. But in a one thread in a sub forum dedicated to Video game discussion by a poster who has never played the game comes off more as "Ha, told you so" than "Sheesh, I'm just reporting the truth". I personally could care a whit about other people's opinions or the doom and gloom crowd for any game I choose to play, If I enjoy it then I will continue to do so until the close it down or I move on.

I just don't understand the need of people to post in a thread dedicated to a game they don't like or can't stand because garnering a reaction via their post makes their pants tighter.(Again, I'm not pointing at you but at the people Edge has kindly cleaned out for us)
    Well that is naturally an issue with posting anything that could be interpreted positively or negatively. It probably won't actually matter much to those who do like the game. Just as one person liking a game is largely irrelevant. So is one person disliking it. However, if it is a subject that interests me, and there is only one thread on the game? Its not worth creating a new thread for it. I would consider that to be far more troll-ish behavior.

As for Wildstar, I'm glad people are enjoying it and playing it as much as they care to. It's great to have an alternative in the WoW dominated MMO landscape. However it is far too early to dub it a success especially based off the number of Twitch followers compared to other MMOs.
    Honestly I think I ended up finally getting WildStar because there just isn't anything else vaguely interesting me right now mmo-wise. Love Carbine's "personality," so to speak, but the experience feels "off" enough to me that I can't see myself staying with it for long.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Racials aren't *that* important.

With various cost redux talents biting jab is really cheap and easily spammable. It is also boring as hell (imo).

Ok I know its only been about 3 months since the game has came out but I really feel nothing has changed. Xp from dungeons is still shit. Profressions don't give level xp and to me this was kinda annoying. Lots of quests are still bugged.

To me leveling in ESO feels more like a grind then FFXIV or any other MMO I have played. I wish you could level decent in dungeons or pvp. I get ES has been about the questing/lore but this is a MMO and I still feel it is a SP game with half baked multiplayer.

Wish they could stop adding endgame content and fix all the level 1-50 problems. Also OMG The LFG system is fucken crap.

Just my 2cents. I got 2 months to mess with it more and only reason I resubbed is because I'm bored but It really dose feel to me nothing has changed since release. Maybe I expect to much from a game 3 months after its launch but I feel everything is moving at a snails pace.

For me personally if it dose not improve by the time my sub runs out I won't even return when it go's f2p/b2p.

Feels like SWTOR all over again and it feels like they are pumping out endgame content as fast as they can to hide the fact 1-50 is just bad.

Edit: To be clear everything above is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-06-14 at 12:55 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Feels like SWTOR all over again and it feels like they are pumping out endgame content as fast as they can to hide the fact 1-50 is just bad.
    And here I was thinking the 1-50 part is my favorite and strongest part of the game. lol

Anyway 2 things:

1) If ES 6 is based in Alik'r, I would love it.

2) I may be only level 36, but I feel really over powered being a Breton Vamp Sorc with the pets, light armor, and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I'm generally VERY lucky in life so maybe I'm not a good sample to consider again whatever average exists but... so far, little to worry about.
    Hah, well, I'm the exact opposite. If there is any possible way for anything and everything to completely fubar it'll happen to the maximum extent to me. I'm frankly shocked I wasn't a victim of the bank bug or really anything else people have complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok I know its only been about 3 months since the game has came out but I really feel nothing has changed. Xp from dungeons is still shit. Profressions don't give level xp and to me this was kinda annoying. Lots of quests are still bugged.
    Has there been any other MMO besides GW2 where professions gave EXP? I certainly haven't played it. And their last major update was to give people something to do at end game (Craglorn), so no, nothing from 1-50 will be any different yet.

Also, what bugs? Seriously, I have alts in every faction, I've 100% completed DC, I'm simply not running into any bugged quests at all.

Also OMG The LFG system is fucken crap.
    Well, I agree with you here, although, if they'd just add the ability to queue for more than one dungeon at a time and not put together incomplete groups it'd be fine. Hey, at least it launched with an LFG, most previous MMOs didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    1) If ES 6 is based in Alik'r, I would love it.
    Hell yes. MORE DESERT!
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Has there been any other MMO besides GW2 where professions gave EXP? I certainly haven't played it. And their last major update was to give people something to do at end game (Craglorn), so no, nothing from 1-50 will be any different yet.

Also, what bugs? Seriously, I have alts in every faction, I've 100% completed DC, I'm simply not running into any bugged quests at all.
    Its the end of the quest in stonefall where u ether enslave or release the spirits.

As for your other question: Some in WoW do and I think SWTOR. Its more of a pet-peve of mine I think professions should give XP.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

[Consummate Red Bull] gives you wiiiiings!

LOL I haven't ran into a single bug or lag or rollback! Also I'm a Nightblade and all my abilities work perfectly and I can tank ALL the mobs at once while healing and doing TOP DPS with a resto staff!

Also, VR content is so easy I was VR10 the first day after release!

Also, I solo'd all the Craglorn trials, beat all the bosses on the first try, and have the world record time!
    Ok, so this might be a bit of an exaggeration, but people like this come out of the woodwork anytime a complaint is registered on the official forums.
    Really annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

Ha! I like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yes. MORE DESERT!
    Right! I mean look at this!

And I am not even running my game on max settings. I love this game, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

This looks really cool.
    What type of armor is that (light, medium, etc.)?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    This looks really cool.
    What type of armor is that (light, medium, etc.)?
    Chest is heavy, gloves are light, everything else is medium. The wings are courtesy of the vulture standing on the rock behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    And I am not even running my game on max settings. I love this game, I really do.
    I don't run max settings either. My computer's about 5 years old and wasn't top of the line when I got it, but the game still looks fantastic.

I love Redguard architecture, it's by far my favorite of all the races. Actually, their clothing style is one of my favorites too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    How is this game for someone who:

Isn't interested in raiding or PvP
    Just wants to quest to max level on a few characters
    Wants to progress their characters somehow at max level without doing hard dungeons, i.e. crafting gear, doing dailies for gear upgrades etc

Oh, I forgot to post my nitpick. So, I'm in Grahtwood now and I've noticed something new and kind of annoying. Quest NPCs send you to delves. This didn't happen anywhere in DC, delves were completely optional, nobody ever sent you there, and any quests related to them were gotten from inside the delve. Twice now, in AD, I've had to go back to a delve I'd already completed because I ran into an NPC who, of course, wanted something that required you to clear to the end boss.

I asked a friend who mains AD if this is common and she said yes. So, now I guess I can't do delves at my own leisure, I have to save them for last to make sure no NPC specifically sends me there. I don't like that at all, DC's method was so much better. How is it for EP?

Unfortunately, the two delves in question were ones I did not want to do again (since I'm sure some are thinking what's the big deal of doing the same delve multiple times). One was filled with thunderbugs (my least favorite mob in the game) and the other with spiders (my second least favorite).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post

Wants to progress their characters somehow at max level without doing hard dungeons, i.e. crafting gear, doing dailies for gear upgrades etc
    Perfect? O_o

The game's strength is its RPG questing, IMO. And you can quest all the way up to VR10 at least, possibly even VR12. Most of the best gear in the game is crafted. There are some desirable sets that aren't, but they're BoE and you can usually find people selling them.

Only downside is currently there's nothing to do once you've finished VR questing but group content in Craglorn, but I'm hoping they'll start adding more 'solo' content soon-ish. It took me almost 2 months just to get to VR1, but that's because I'm easily distracted and also talk & listen to all the NPCs.

Oh, I forgot to post my nitpick. So, I'm in Grahtwood now and I've noticed something new and kind of annoying. Quest NPCs send you to delves. This didn't happen anywhere in DC, delves were completely optional, nobody ever sent you there, and any quests related to them were gotten from inside the delve. Twice now, in AD, I've had to go back to a delve I'd already completed because I ran into an NPC who, of course, wanted something that required you to clear to the end boss.
    I mostly remember that in the Bosmer zones, specifically Grahtwood. You might just want to wander around each dungeon entrance a bit to make sure you aren't missing a random quest. This happens a fair amount in EP also (Stonefalls has a couple that I remember).

Re: questing I wasn't quite as enthralled with DC questing as other people seem to be, though I didn't get to it until VR 1-5 so I may have just been a bit sour by then. I think Auridon was my favorite AD zone since you get to help the queen a bunch, but I was not a fan of the Bosmer zones in the middle. Thankfully, the Khajiit in Reaper's March are pretty great and I think Lane will like it.

Yeah there was a couple that had quests right outside the delves but I don't remember a whole lot of quests that you picked up say in a town and then sent to a delve. I do remember being annoyed with that when I did AD in beta (only got up to beginning on Grahtwood there though)

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not find that annoying, I just considered them breadcrumb quests. Grahtwood and Malabal Tor are kind of difficult to navigate (dense trees, hilly, narrow paths), and it is easy to miss something. So getting a quest to go to a delve was helpful to me.

I should also point out there is a running quest chain in Alik'r that has you going from one Dwemmer delve to the next to collect an explorer's notes. So it is not something unique to the AD zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect? O_o

The game's strength is its RPG questing, IMO. And you can quest all the way up to VR10 at least, possibly even VR12. Most of the best gear in the game is crafted. There are some desirable sets that aren't, but they're BoE and you can usually find people selling them.

Only downside is currently there's nothing to do once you've finished VR questing but group content in Craglorn, but I'm hoping they'll start adding more 'solo' content soon-ish. It took me almost 2 months just to get to VR1, but that's because I'm easily distracted and also talk & listen to all the NPCs.
    This game does sound pretty tailor made for you. The VR content DOES start getting difficult, so maybe you won't get to VR10. But from what you were describing the 1-50 content is almost 100% perfect for you, as Lane said.

The questing, in my opinion, is probably the best in the industry right now. It gets you emotionally involved, you will see recurring NPC's that you actually like. And you will have to make some heart breaking decisions about them. There are a few but rare "kill/collect 10 on these" quests, but even they are very story driven.

This game constantly amazes me, it feels like the questing was done with a lot of thought and effort.

10+ Year Old Account

Almost perfect, EXCEPT, you wont be questing to max level, you'd be doing it to 50 when the main story ends. Then it turns to shit. But until 50 its pretty decent. If you can get it off Green Man Gaming with one their 25% off coupons, Id recommend it for leveling.

Leveling Covenant though! Awesome starting quests and zones.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.